SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-13-12, 08:33 AM   #406
LoTeK_
Watch

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

I have the 3 files. Core mod, patch 1, patch 1 hotfix.
How to intall them correctly? Do I have to put them one in each own folder and enable all 3 with the mod enabler or I have to overwrite files and enable one folder only? Thank you.
LoTeK_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-12, 08:37 AM   #407
flostt
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 86

enable the 3 downloaded folders with JSGME ( main mod, then patch, then patch hotifx)
Old 10-21-12, 03:28 PM   #408
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 827
Default Metox, comes and goes

Everything that this mod is supposed to do it does. I just wanted to say that first before I go into this little glitch here.
For some reason on my patrol before the last, the Metox radar detecter was up on the bridge where it is supposed to be, (after I installed it.
The last patrol, I couldn't get the thing to come back. So I thought I would let it drop and see if it came back on this patrol, and nothing. I can't get the Metox radar detector to show on the bridge. Does anyone have a problem like this, with the metox. Did it arraive too soon and showed up as a fluke the first time??
Anyway, it says it's onboard when I'm in base and it won't let me uninstall/reinstall, from the upgrade page anyway.
Just wondering if anyone can give me a file to check or something.
Thanks.
D40
Old 10-21-12, 09:31 PM   #409
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfish40 View Post
Everything that this mod is supposed to do it does. I just wanted to say that first before I go into this little glitch here.
For some reason on my patrol before the last, the Metox radar detecter was up on the bridge where it is supposed to be, (after I installed it.
The last patrol, I couldn't get the thing to come back. So I thought I would let it drop and see if it came back on this patrol, and nothing. I can't get the Metox radar detector to show on the bridge. Does anyone have a problem like this, with the metox. Did it arraive too soon and showed up as a fluke the first time??
Anyway, it says it's onboard when I'm in base and it won't let me uninstall/reinstall, from the upgrade page anyway.
Just wondering if anyone can give me a file to check or something.
Thanks.
D40
The mount location(s) for the Radar Detectors are not defined propperly in regards to AcceptedTypes of equipment that can be equiped at these locations.
I just recently descovered this myself when adding new mount location C03 for the Snorkel Mount Radar Dectector.
Both C01 and C02 that are located on the Conning Tower have AcceptedType set to NULL. So when a device is installed it can go to either location if both exist.
This is a stock game bug.
I am looking into correcting this issue.
I beleive that C01 is for Early versions and C02 is for Later versions of the Radar Warning Receivers.
I plan to remove the Snorkel Mounted RWR as a Upgrades Option and if the Snorkel is Equiped, have the RWR installed automatically in mid 1943 time frame or later using the Uboat SNS files.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-12, 11:32 AM   #410
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 827

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
The mount location(s) for the Radar Detectors are not defined propperly in regards to AcceptedTypes of equipment that can be equiped at these locations.
I just recently descovered this myself when adding new mount location C03 for the Snorkel Mount Radar Dectector.
Both C01 and C02 that are located on the Conning Tower have AcceptedType set to NULL. So when a device is installed it can go to either location if both exist.
This is a stock game bug.
I am looking into correcting this issue.
I beleive that C01 is for Early versions and C02 is for Later versions of the Radar Warning Receivers.
I plan to remove the Snorkel Mounted RWR as a Upgrades Option and if the Snorkel is Equiped, have the RWR installed automatically in mid 1943 time frame or later using the Uboat SNS files.
Now that I think about it, I wonder if that Metox that I had was on my type "A" boat. I thought I had the "B" by then but I could be wrong. It may be that very file which I saw by the way when I was looking around, but I didn't know what to replace "Null" with on the positions (if this makes any sense). I'll need to see if it was my type "A" boat that the Metox showed up. Now of course, on the "B" it doesn't.
I hope that your idea works there. Like I said, if I knew what to put in place of "null", I could try putting the Metox in differant CO_ placements to see if it will come up in the game. And, true, it makes sense that if there are two or more possible locals for the device (any device) it more than likely won't show at all, if I'm reading you right.
I'll check back to see if this will work.
Thanks
D40
Old 10-22-12, 03:07 PM   #411
LoTeK_
Watch

Downloads: 58

I have few questions about this mod. I'll be short...

I'm using sober's mm more or less and have this mod enabled (core+patch1+hotfix) but without sober's patch to make equip available by realistic date. Don't care about that I want all here and now (renown points permitting).

Question is, it looks like I have available in '39 equipment that is listed as available at later times (which is fine as intended) but also vice versa (more important). The c30 flak for example in the 'storyline' picture is listed in 39 but I don't have it, they're still offering me the twin version in '40. I'm still on the VIIB at the moment tho, they still didn't offered me VIIC/41C new command, don't know if it's sub's dependent.
Can't seem to hit a thing anyway if it's flying, ai crew neither so I was looking for a more useful version against unarmed surface targets paired with the deck gun or when the deck gun is out of ammo. From planes I just hide, worked good so far.

In '39 I have all torpedoes, but only the first alberich camo, only the metox, no fumo, and some countermeasures mounts, but not all.
I'm quite confused in how this mod should work on this front, without sober's patch should be all or nothing at all while instead I get some cool things yes and some cool things no.

The snorkel I can't understand why it has to be bought, I have it functional since start without spending points or occuping equip slots.
But perhaps TDW's generic patcher or his ui mod+optioneditor affect this, is the one sold more or less functional than the 'stock' one? And more importantly, will I start an armageddon if I try to mount it while I already have it since start?

I can't seem to get radar or sonar working either, related crew commands are always greyed out no matter how good I dance while yelling them to use it. Radar antenna it's not even there anymore on the VIIB, searched everywhere with ext camera. Was there on VIIA. How should this cool sweep-sweep/ping-ping stuff work?

All the rest seem to work fine, it's super, just these few things I didn't get, perhaps my fault, very likely.

Last edited by LoTeK_; 10-22-12 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Added some flax, five tons...
LoTeK_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-12, 11:41 AM   #412
TheBeast
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoTeK_ View Post
I'm using sober's mm more or less and have this mod enabled (core+patch1+hotfix) but without sober's patch to make equip available by realistic date. Don't care about that I want all here and now (renown points permitting).

Question is, it looks like I have available in '39 equipment that is listed as available at later times (which is fine as intended) but also vice versa (more important). The c30 flak for example in the 'storyline' picture is listed in 39 but I don't have it, they're still offering me the twin version in '40. I'm still on the VIIB at the moment tho, they still didn't offered me VIIC/41C new command, don't know if it's sub's dependent.
Can't seem to hit a thing anyway if it's flying, ai crew neither so I was looking for a more useful version against unarmed surface targets paired with the deck gun or when the deck gun is out of ammo. From planes I just hide, worked good so far.

In '39 I have all torpedoes, but only the first alberich camo, only the metox, no fumo, and some countermeasures mounts, but not all.
I'm quite confused in how this mod should work on this front, without sober's patch should be all or nothing at all while instead I get some cool things yes and some cool things no.
Not sure how complete Sober's Date Mod is because I haven't had time to try it out yet.
The reason I originally enabled all equipment in 1939 was for testing.
I am still getting some bug issue's reported.
So, until all issue's have been resolved, I will not be enforcing availabilty dates.
The Hinged Schnorchel for the Type VII class submarine really is not needed until 1943 but is nice to have available for Spy insertion missions.
Some Equipment is limited by Submarine revision or installed Tower.
Quote:

The snorkel I can't understand why it has to be bought, I have it functional since start without spending points or occuping equip slots.
But perhaps TDW's generic patcher or his ui mod+optioneditor affect this, is the one sold more or less functional than the 'stock' one? And more importantly, will I start an armageddon if I try to mount it while I already have it since start?
By default, the Deck Gun is installed and the Snorkel replaces the Deck Gun. This is why you must use Renown to purchase it.
We could make it so there is NO Deck Gun or Snorkel installed by default. This would force you to earn Renown before you even have a Deck Gun.
Quote:

I can't seem to get radar or sonar working either, related crew commands are always greyed out no matter how good I dance while yelling them to use it. Radar antenna it's not even there anymore on the VIIB, searched everywhere with ext camera. Was there on VIIA. How should this cool sweep-sweep/ping-ping stuff work?
SONAR: Sonar commands may be realted to UI Mod you are using.
In SHV, there is no Sonar available for use. Only Hydrophone is available.
Even Depth Under Keel should not work. I considered making a Sonar but I am certain many would have tounge lashed me if I did.
SONAR was not available until late 1943 and was installed on only a few Type VII Uboats. Maybe even just one (1) Type VII.
RADAR: The VIIA/B does not have mount location for Radar.
Many historical records dealing with this information were never recovered.
As of late, Deep Sea Salvage/Exploration has discovered that many Sunk Uboat had Snorkel's installed but there are no records of a Snorkel ever being installed on these sunk boats they have found.
Very scketchy info in this area.
Quote:

All the rest seem to work fine, it's super, just these few things I didn't get, perhaps my fault, very likely.

Old 12-28-12, 11:18 PM   #413
Sandman_28054
Captain

Downloads: 270

Quote:
WARNING:
Install this MOD Last.
Only Exceptions are
- Custom skins that contains new Mechanic Upgrades Menu List Textures.
- Optional Support MOD for "A Fist Full of Emblems" included in with this MOD.
If you have a MOD(s) installed that already effect the files listed below, please check with the MOD author to determine campatibility.

NOTE:
Enable this MOD while in Port

Manual Edit of data\Menu\Menu.txt required for new 10.5 cm Deck Gun mouse over Tool Tip.

Code:
6936=10.5 cm Deck Gun6937=<b>10.5 cm Deck Gun</b>|<orange>Good vs. unarmed ships</orange>|It can be most effective against unarmed ships and for coup de grace hits to conserve the limited torpedo supply. The safest way to use the gun is to position the boat at the stern of the target and pointed towards it in order to reduce the exposed surface and minimize the boat's rolling and pitching. The gun is useless against most warships, their arsenal can easily outgun the U-boat.|<green>Left click to use the 10.5 cm Deck Gun.</green><red>Cannot use when submerged.</red>
Ok, I did all this, but I can't have the 10.5 cm Deck Gun. February 1941 is the date.

Is this date dependant?

Did I edit the file incorrectly?

And/or if I did, would somebody be so kind as to copy/paste the correct lines 6929-6950 here for me to copy?
Sandman_28054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-13, 09:48 PM   #414
Sandman_28054
Captain

NM, script working.
Old 01-02-13, 04:27 PM   #415
TheBeast
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman_28054 View Post
NM, script working.
Glad to hear you were able to work things out because I am currently unable to investigate any SHV issues.

My main computer is packed up and put in storage until my new house is ready this coming July.

Currently I am living in my Motorhome traveling around US West Coast visiting friends and family until that time so I can only do SHIII and SHIV for now. My SHV CD's were packed up before I had a chance to install it on this laptop.

Regards!
TheBeast

Old 01-02-13, 10:09 PM   #416
Fish In The Water
Prince of
the Sea

SUBSIM
Welcome
Committee

Downloads: 98
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Currently I am living in my Motorhome traveling around US West Coast visiting friends and family until that time so I can only do SHIII and SHIV for now. My SHV CD's were packed up before I had a chance to install it on this laptop.
Sounds like a pain but also a nice opportunity at the same time. I hope you enjoy the time on the road, (especially with friends and family), and stay safe!

Fish In The Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-13, 10:20 PM   #417
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish In The Water View Post
Sounds like a pain but also a nice opportunity at the same time. I hope you enjoy the time on the road, (especially with friends and family), and stay safe!
Yes, TheBeast, as FitW has said, enjoy your vacation from SH5, and welcome back whenever you get time for it again
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-13, 05:28 PM   #418
Sandman_28054
Captain

Quote:
Glad to hear you were able to work things out because I am currently unable to investigate any SHV issues.

My main computer is packed up and put in storage until my new house is ready this coming July.

Regards!
TheBeast
No problem, I found out you cannot have a deck gun and a snorkel at the same time.
Old 01-04-13, 02:16 AM   #419
lesec74
Ensign

Downloads: 259

hello,

this mod is compatible with CSP magui?
lesec74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-13, 01:28 PM   #420
lesec74
Ensign