SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-07-10, 04:20 PM   #4126
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd_von_Mumit View Post
Couldn't they be dragged & rotated instead of key rotated?

And if you intend to lock them to TDC dials, would you consider an option toggle lock/unlock Attack Disc (lock: turning things changes TDC settings, unlocked: turning changes nothing).
I wish. Haven't been able to figure that one out yet. Also there aren't enough 'spare' dials that I can use to make each ring able to be dragged and rotated. Currently there is only one spare dial and I'm not sure yet if it can be used the way I want to use it.
There's no way to lock/unlock them from TDC dials. If I assign them to TDC dials then they are forever stuck to them If I don't assign them then they have to have a means to rotate them - currenty the only way to do that is tying them to a dial or key.
Just about ready to see what this thing looks like in game. Just a little more menu items to add......
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-10, 05:01 PM   #4127
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 4

Another pair of shoes - how do I rotate RAOBF wheel?
Links: SH5 mods I use, FileFront, Manual plotting how-to
Abd_von_Mumit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-10, 05:06 PM   #4128
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Another pair of shoes - how do I rotate RAOBF wheel?
Q and E keys - same keys for heading bar. Firing up game to see how this attack disk looks......
Old 09-07-10, 05:22 PM   #4129
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Q and E keys - same keys for heading bar. Firing up game to see how this attack disk looks......
Both RAOBF and Attack Disc were drag-rotatable in SH3. Is there a chance that you just didn't find the way to make them like that? Or is it that SH5 is a step backwards compared to SH3 "drag-rotatability"?
Old 09-07-10, 05:52 PM   #4130
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Both RAOBF and Attack Disc were drag-rotatable in SH3. Is there a chance that you just didn't find the way to make them like that? Or is it that SH5 is a step backwards compared to SH3 "drag-rotatability"?
yes they were drag-rotatable because they were tied to TDC dials. I plan on doing the same for now.
Old 09-07-10, 06:06 PM   #4131
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Attack Disk is added and almost 100% functional. Have to make the Attack Course Pointer movable yet. It functions just like the real thing - I even added the Bearing and Lead angle pointer. It is also draggable and it's position will be remembered at game end and restored at game start. It is available at each scope station and is controlled by a button under the RAOBF button labeled 'Attack Disc'. Did I make it too big??
Old 09-07-10, 06:44 PM   #4132
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Attack Disk is added and almost 100% functional. Have to make the Attack Course Pointer movable yet. It functions just like the real thing - I even added the Bearing and Lead angle pointer. It is also draggable and it's position will be remembered at game end and restored at game start. It is available at each scope station and is controlled by a button under the RAOBF button labeled 'Attack Disc'. Did I make it too big??
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pict...pictureid=3011
No you didn't make it too big - I'm used to much bigger version covering whole my scope view. Marvefreakinglous! Man, you are fast.

When can we test it?

Planning on adding the second side?

Thought about Tri-ring compass yet?

Old 09-07-10, 06:53 PM   #4133
DavyJonesFootlocker
The Old Man

Downloads: 138
Uploads: 0

How do you modify or set a key for efficient fuel speed?
A proud member of the Wikipedia Haters Club
DavyJonesFootlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-10, 06:56 PM   #4134
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
No you didn't make it too big - I'm used to much bigger version covering whole my scope view. Marvefreakinglous! Man, you are fast.

When can we test it?

Planning on adding the second side?

Thought about Tri-ring compass yet?

It will be available for testing here soon. Still adding necessary code for it.

I will add the second side later. I'm an incremental programmer and thus I'll release this first, let people test and use it, verify there are no bugs, then I'll do the other side.
Old 09-08-10, 12:37 AM   #4135
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Attack Disk has been added to all scopes (Attack, Obs, and UZO) and has been added to NavMap. Here is the new button for the scopes to control the Attack Disk visibility (located right below the RAOBF button):

I fixed the button for the scopes in the NavMap and also added another button for controlling the Attack Disk visibility. In the screenshot below I have not updated the button for the Attack Disk with the correct image, it's a clone of the NavMap features button.
There are 4 rotating portions of the attack disk. Two of them are draggable by mouse or by TDC dial (Target Disc and Bearing and Lead Angle). Target disc is linked to the AOB TDC dial. Bearing and Lead angle is linked to the Bearing TDC dial. The other two rotating portions are the Compass Rose and the Attack Course Pointer. The Compass rose is tied to your current heading and will auto update on course changes. The Attack course pointer is rotated using the same keys for the heading bar (default is Q & E keys with shift making it rotate faster). The Relative bearing is fixed with 180 up.
The text draggable areas in the screenshot below denotes the areas where you can grab with the mouse and drag the attack disk whereever you want it. It's position will be saved at game end and restored at your next game start.
TDC has to be on to be able to use the attack disc (XO Turn TDC on). In order to set the rotating portions you have to have TDC manual update enabled (the button for manual enable in the TDC).

Just a little more work to do and version 4.3.0 will be ready. Here are the additional changes to v4.3.0 as of now:

v4.3.0 - added sound to the torp door switches. When they change position a sound will be played (sound is \data\Sound\periscope_rotary_Up.wav)
- fixed some messagebox errors (some messages weren't being displayed in the messagebox - i.e. Tube x ready!)
- adjusted Uboat hydrophones rpm detection level from 0.25 to 0.075 (sonarman will be able to pick up contacts that are at slower speed)
- added my version of free cam tweak. Free cam max camera elevation raised to 1500m, zoom levels added (1,2,4,8,16, and 32x), clip distance set to 0.01m, and terrain collider distance set to 0m
Old 09-08-10, 03:00 AM   #4136
DrJones
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 341

Hey cool Job...this is something i really missed. It would be fantasic when the back side is also included.

Another point for more realism.

Do you think it's possible, that the using of the deck gun and aa gun is only possible, when the order over the menu bar has been given to man the deck or aa gun?
DrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-10, 06:58 AM   #4137
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

TDW: looks good. Can't wait to get it to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJones View Post
Do you think it's possible, that the using of the deck gun and aa gun is only possible, when the order over the menu bar has been given to man the deck or aa gun?
Hmm... Why would you want to make something that is more flexible now make much less flexible in the future? It's just comfortable to just man the gun yourself so that the rest of the gun crew come ASAP, instead of issuing an order, waiting till they come and then manning it yourself.
Old 09-08-10, 07:29 AM   #4138
raymond6751
Admirable Mike

Downloads: 421
Default Not working

Hi Darkwraith

Love your new UI mods. I also love the automation scripting. Three issues there:

I can't see the scripting stopping when a key is pressed.
If I add in other 'automation' mod scripts by others, for intance, Krauter there is an error that TDW script (yours) is already loaded. After that none work.

Finally, the command Print_Message doesn't work at all. I am assuming the message should appear in the message panel (log)?

Luv this stuff though.
Old 09-08-10, 09:55 AM   #4139
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond6751 View Post
Hi Darkwraith

Love your new UI mods. I also love the automation scripting. Three issues there:

I can't see the scripting stopping when a key is pressed.
If I add in other 'automation' mod scripts by others, for intance, Krauter there is an error that TDW script (yours) is already loaded. After that none work.

Finally, the command Print_Message doesn't work at all. I am assuming the message should appear in the message panel (log)?

Luv this stuff though.
I forgot to add key press stopping Automation. Will be fixed in v4.3.0.
I don't understand this error you speak of about Automation. Can you be more specific?
Print_Message does work. Where are you putting your 'message'? It has to be parameter 3
Old 09-08-10, 09:55 AM   #4140
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Where can I find the Attack Disk backside? I'm needing the .dds files for it

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui