SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-30-10, 04:52 PM   #4066
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highbury View Post
Kind of an odd problem, I haven't seen it by browsing this thread but it is almost 300 pages.. lol

I recently had to switch to a smaller monitor (my good one died and having just spent ALOT on a car I didn't want to push my wife too much ). Anyways, this POS only does 1360 x 768 , which is actually fine, but when I target someone the weps officer window is right in the middle of my periscope and I can't see a thing.

Is there a text file I can edit, or whatever to fix that?

Thanks again for the massive amount of work that has gone into your mods.
you have 2 options:

option 1:
press the 'L' key to hide the messagebox and move the XO TDC dialog box to more favorable position or

option 2:
edit the options file to enable the XO TDC dialog box draggable. Then move it whereever you want it.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-10, 05:01 PM   #4067
Highbury
The Old Man

Downloads: 174
Uploads: 0

Awesome, thx for the quick reply

You're a bloody legend mate!
Highbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-10, 06:29 PM   #4068
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highbury View Post
Awesome, thx for the quick reply

You're a bloody legend mate!
Legends are by definition dead. But yes, he deserves it (to be called a legend I mean). If not this mod I wouldn't play SH5 already.
Links: SH5 mods I use, FileFront, Manual plotting how-to
Abd_von_Mumit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-10, 11:40 PM   #4069
jwilliams
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd_von_Mumit View Post
If not this mod I wouldn't play SH5 already.

Yes same. This mod is what gave this game back its playability.

Old 08-31-10, 06:32 AM   #4070
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

TheDarkWraith, I got a few suggestions/issues/questions. Some of them may not apply to your mod, then I'll move with them to the general forums.

Major issues:
1. I'd like to be able to use stadimeter to estimate range just for my information, without auto sending data to TDC. Now the stadimeter sends data to TDC as soon as I use it, screwing up my TDC settings (all manual), i.e. changes bearing and so on. I must rearrange the setting every time I use stadimeter, which is risky in close shooting situations, when there's not much time (I then use stadimeter mainly to check if I'm not too close to target).

2. Flooding/closing tubes is a major issue - when I switch to another tube the tubes are closed (wasted quite a few torpedoes this way). When planning an attack I open all the tubes I want to use, and I want them to remain flooded until I order them to close or until I launch. Also the voice telling me that tube was closed/flooded every time I switch tubes is very, very annoying.

3. Other major issue for me is that I need to remain inside the sub (so that I may dive for a hydrophone check and resurface every 2 hours when patrolling at x128 TC). However if I'm not on the bridge I don't hear the WO yelling about visuals - it only drops TC down and doesn't make a sound. This is dangerous, especially when the game runs at x128 TC while I'm doing dishes in the kitchen...

4. For long journeys I travel at 7.5 knots, which is the most fuel efficient speed. It would be very, very comfortable to have:
a) ability to specify the "normal speed" (button 3) in options to be the optimum speed instead of much less fuel efficient 10 knots, or
b) to have a new shortcut key to order the optimal speed (6 would be ok).

5. Would be excellent to have a shortcut key for "cruising TC" (set in the options to suit one's needs). Mine would be 128.

6. Could the game save changes to your UI setting to the UserOptions file?

Normal issues:
A. Would be comfortable to have a new key for decks awash depth (2m under surface depth).

B. Could you make the speed order delay work also when the speed order is given through keyboard numbers? (now it only works when I use the UI clicking).

Minor issues:
a. The "switch TDC on/off" button on my Nav Map is stretched and is an elipse instead of a circle. Looks bad.

b. My "hide WO icon in scope view" button seems to have no effect. Same with "Show/hide Lock/Break Lock".

c. I have all contacts disabled on maps (through main game options and your setting file). It partially works, as no contacts are shown on the map, but when I hover my mouse button over a spot on the map it sometimes gives me a pop-up text info, for example "Merchant". As I use map plotting extensively to intercept targets and so on I end up hovering over actual targets quite a lot. Could these ghost also be removed from the map?

d. Could you exclude the user-set options from TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py and have them in the main mod folder instead as a separate file? These thousands of lines of defs intimidate me. More seriously speaking, I think it would make the configuring process much more user friendly.

UserConfing important typoes:
There is:
# change below to either Minimized, TAI, or Maximized

There should be:
# change below to either TAIModeMinimized, TAIModeTAI, or TAIModeMaximized
Old 08-31-10, 09:55 PM   #4071
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

A few issues:

1. I sometimes get "ERROR REPLACING CONTACT'S ACTUAL SPEED" message, which - I assume - is your mod related (most probably speed out of set range).

2. On the Chalkboard Latitude and Longitude are reversed. Also West/East and South/North are reversed (i.e. displayed improperly).

3. Despite
AutomationHotKey = [ True, MenuKeyManagerWrapper.Keys.G, True ]
pressing Shift + G only toggles script selection window, it doesn't switch the script on/off.

4. Add a new script command: Set_new_waypoint and we'll have an easy way to script Kiel Kanal in/out.

5. I'd love to have a setting for the compass (bottom bar) to be visible on game start. Same applies to Advance Submarine Controls Toggle.

6. What value should I use to have message box as wide as possible (almost half a screen) on game start? When I tried to set
MessageBoxWidthFactor = 3
whole game went crazy.

7. I'd kill to use the same map on every patrol, i.e. to have my map marks stored and displayed, not being erased on every load as it is now. I think many, many others would like it too.

8. When in TC mode the game doesn't play some voice commands and stores them in memory instead to play them later. When there's a command stored for later, some features function improperly or don't function at all, so you have to switch to TC1, wait till the stored voice commands are finished and then all works again.

To confirm: go to 128 TC, then check depth under keel. You hear ping, you get a message box message, but you don't hear the navigator announcement. Now check depth under keel again - you only hear the ping, no message displayed though. Now wait a few game minutes, switch to TC1 - you hear the voice message, depth under keel works again.

9. When in TC > 1 some UI buttons don't work at all: clicking on the round compass doesn't change the course (rudder works though), using keys (Q, E) on bottom bar compass doesn't work either.

10. K button conflict: Otto's Chalkboard uses it and it's a game key to display Captain's Log.

10 is enough for 1 evening.
Old 09-01-10, 12:53 AM   #4072
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
1. I sometimes get "ERROR REPLACING CONTACT'S ACTUAL SPEED" message, which - I assume - is your mod related (most probably speed out of set range).

Still trying to figure out why some of you get this. Any info on it would be great

2. On the Chalkboard Latitude and Longitude are reversed. Also West/East and South/North are reversed (i.e. displayed improperly).

I'll have to verify this

3. Despite
AutomationHotKey = [ True, MenuKeyManagerWrapper.Keys.G, True ]
pressing Shift + G only toggles script selection window, it doesn't switch the script on/off.

That is correct. That hotkey only toggles the main Automation window on/off

4. Add a new script command: Set_new_waypoint and we'll have an easy way to script Kiel Kanal in/out.

Still trying to figure out how to add new waypoint to existing ones via code

5. I'd love to have a setting for the compass (bottom bar) to be visible on game start. Same applies to Advance Submarine Controls Toggle.

Finally figured out how to make the heading bar expanded at game start and working also Two new user options were added to v4.2.0: AdvancedHudIsEnabled, HeadingBarIsExpanded. These control the state of the headingbar and AdvancedHUD at game start.

6. What value should I use to have message box as wide as possible (almost half a screen) on game start? When I tried to set
MessageBoxWidthFactor = 3
whole game went crazy.

I set this to 3 and everything was fine.

7. I'd kill to use the same map on every patrol, i.e. to have my map marks stored and displayed, not being erased on every load as it is now. I think many, many others would like it too.

It's on my list to do.

8. When in TC mode the game doesn't play some voice commands and stores them in memory instead to play them later. When there's a command stored for later, some features function improperly or don't function at all, so you have to switch to TC1, wait till the stored voice commands are finished and then all works again.

Game bug. Haven't found out why or how to get around it.

To confirm: go to 128 TC, then check depth under keel. You hear ping, you get a message box message, but you don't hear the navigator announcement. Now check depth under keel again - you only hear the ping, no message displayed though. Now wait a few game minutes, switch to TC1 - you hear the voice message, depth under keel works again.

9. When in TC > 1 some UI buttons don't work at all: clicking on the round compass doesn't change the course (rudder works though), using keys (Q, E) on bottom bar compass doesn't work either.

Wasn't able to duplicate this problem. Everything worked fine.

10. K button conflict: Otto's Chalkboard uses it and it's a game key to display Captain's Log.

Key can be changed in options file:

IncreaseChalkBoardCountHotKey = [ True, MenuKeyManagerWrapper.Keys.K, False ]

10 is enough for 1 evening.
See above in yellow.

Hope to have v4.2.0 available here soon. Here's the change log so far:

v4.2.0 - fixed bug of high precision timer not updating it's TC level on certain station exits or ESC key presses
- added new commands to Automation (from Trevally recoded by myself): Crash_dive_now, Set_guns
- changed how Automation updates active scripts (visual feedback)
- (SH5Enhanced style) added a new user option that controls whether the heading bar is expanded at game start. Default is enabled (True) (HeadingBarIsExpanded)
- adjusted options file for upcoming options migrater
- added a new user option that controls whether Advanced HUD is enabled at game start. Default is disabled (False) (AdvancedHudIsEnabled)
Old 09-01-10, 01:53 AM   #4073
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91

What about automatic procedure with finding target data via hydrophone?

PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 03:29 AM   #4074
Capt Jack Harkness
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 1

Quote:
A few issues:

After attacking a ship or convoy then returning to course I almost always get this error after jumping to high TC.
Capt Jack Harkness is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 06:23 AM   #4075
Barso
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

The show nav map TDC dials button on the nav map at the top of the screen is not circular.
I suppose this is because my display is 16:10 ?
Is there anyway to make it a circle?
Also how can I revert back to the original map tools?
Thanks.

Last edited by Barso; 09-01-10 at 06:44 AM.
Old 09-01-10, 06:31 AM   #4076
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Still trying to figure out why some of you get this. Any info on it would be great
Will pay special attention to these.

Quote:
That is correct. That hotkey only toggles the main Automation window on/off
Then the description is misleading: "# the hotkey used to toggle the currently selected Automation script on/off"

Quote:
Finally figured out how to make the heading bar expanded at game start and working also Two new user options were added to v4.2.0: AdvancedHudIsEnabled, HeadingBarIsExpanded. These control the state of the headingbar and AdvancedHUD at game start.

Quote:
I set this to 3 and everything was fine.
Will retest.

Quote:
It's on my list to do.

Quote:

Wasn't able to duplicate this problem. Everything worked fine.
Anybody who also has this issue please post and let us know. This could help to learn when/why this happens.

Quote:
Key can be changed in options file:
I know, I changed it. Just letting you know - this is for sure that most of users of your mod, now and in the future, will run on default settings (especially if your mod eventually becomes as popular as SH3 GWX was, which is likely IMHO). Thus it would be best to avoid such conflicts.

You answered my post, but you didn't answer my previous one (just 1 post earlier in the thread) - just letting you know in case you simply missed it.

Thanks for your mod and the amount of effort you put in it.
Old 09-01-10, 01:10 PM   #4077
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Due to an excellent suggestion by Abd_von_Mumit, v4.2.0 will include a change to Automation. Besides some new commands, Automation will allow you to include a description with each script. In this version I will not enforce a description to be present. In subsequent versions I will enforce the description to be present. The description can be multi-lined but it has to be text only (no markups or tags or anything)

The description will follow the [COMMANDS_END] header. If you want a description simply add this after [COMMANDS_END]:

[DESCRIPTION]
Testing
Testing 2
Test again
[DESCRIPTION_END]

If you do not want a description (it will default to a value) simply do the following:

[DESCRIPTION]
[DESCRIPTION_END]

Here is a test script I made to test this:

[AS]
TDW_Testing3
[CATEGORY]
Testing
[COMMANDS]
Print_message,0,0,Hello from TheDarkWraith,0,0,0,1
Set_Time_Compression,1,0,0,0,0,1,0
Advanced_knuckle,90,-50,15,9999,9999,0,5
Advanced_knuckle,-90,9999,5,2,11,0,5
[COMMANDS_END]
[DESCRIPTION]
Testing script 3 by TheDarkWraith
Line 2 - Test
Line 3 - Test again
[DESCRIPTION_END]

Here is a screenshot showing no description tags present or no description given:

and here is a screenshot with my test script above:

The description tooltips will also appear in the Activated scripts column when you mouse over a script in it

now v4.2.0 is complete. Uploading now.
Old 09-01-10, 01:17 PM   #4078
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

What happens if player installs a script that has a description in version 4.1 of your mod?
Old 09-01-10, 01:30 PM   #4079
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
What happens if player installs a script that has a description in version 4.1 of your mod?
I let this version be compatible with old scripts (before v4.2.0). Subsequent versions you will have to add the correct description headers to your scripts. I did this so you all can use your existing scripts now to test this version for bugs.

The script parser isn't very efficient if I don't enforce the descriptions headers. That's why in versions later than 4.2.0 you will have to update your existing scripts to include those headers in your scripts.
Old 09-01-10, 01:40 PM   #4080
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v4.2.0 released. See post #1 for details

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui