vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
it is impossible to provide proof to a democrat
Huge problem with that statement...

I'm not a Democrat; I'm an Independent... don't like either party...

However, I do understand your quandary: it's impossible to prove anything if you don't have any real proof...

<O>
Old 12-30-17, 08:05 PM   #4038
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
The irrefutable fact is Trump did not call Comey a liar in regards to what he said about the media not knowing what they're talking about. Personally I think what Comey said is spot on, wouldn't you agree?
Oh, I don't have a problem with Comey, other than he should have done what Mueller has done: just keep doing your job and don't make any unnecessary public statements or appearances. If your going to argue the comparative veracity of Trump v. Comey, Trump comes up way, way short; Trump has even lied about his lies and then lied about lying about lying about his lies; Trump is a veritable Möbius strip of untruth and deception. I just find it rather odd for anyone to try quoting a person who has been labelled a liar by the person they are trying to defend. It just seems a sort of extension of the Trump Effect: the concept of selective and convenient "truth".

What next? A quote from Kim of NK?...

<O>
Old 12-30-17, 08:55 PM   #4039
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
it is impossible to provide proof to a democrat
Making those type of comments does not help the discussion
Old 12-31-17, 02:22 AM   #4040
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
Making those type of comments does not help the discussion
Yes, shame on you Red Devil for letting some truth slip from your lips. You know "truth" is neither asked for, or wanted by Democrats. How can someone on our side know "truth" anyway, just a few post back it was claimed we're all idiots. Everybody seemed ok with that, didn't seem to feel that hurt the discussion. Even Democrats discussions need a safe space.

Old 12-31-17, 06:52 AM   #4041
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

So you felt insulted by people calling you dumb, and electing Trump is your answer? Was he elected because of an inferiority complex?

If you are not dumb, how can you respect Trump, Pruitt, and obvious lies?
Denying science because it does not fit in one's world view will not help the US.
But it is not about a real world view or facts, it is only about political power and greed, making money and pushing the industry, and nothing else matters.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 12-31-17, 07:30 AM   #4042
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
..... just a few post back it was claimed we're all idiots. Everybody seemed ok with that, didn't seem to feel that hurt the discussion.
Good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
So you felt insulted by people calling you dumb, and electing Trump is your answer? Was he elected because of an inferiority complex?
You just did it again.

Quote:
But it is not about a real world view or facts, it is only about political power and greed, making money and pushing the industry, and nothing else matters.
That's a very broad statement that could easily be applied to any political group in any country in the world.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 12-31-17, 07:57 AM   #4043
Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
[...]You just did it again.
In a way yes, and intentionally. He wrote
"How can someone on our side know "truth" anyway, just a few post back it was claimed we're all idiots."

He only has a problem if he believes those people. I doubt he does, and those people are mostly wrong.
But:
If Trump denies science and experts completely and is proud of it, being publicly proud to be dumb, throwing away all better knowledge – what do you expect people to think about that? A tit-for-tat response towards the "establishment" just out of a gut feeling, now where did i see that before? B.t.w. the real "establishment" is mostly right-wing and conservative, just as a reminder.

By me:
Quote:
...it is not about a real world view or facts, it is only about political power and greed, making money and pushing the industry, and nothing else matters.

That's a very broad statement that could easily be applied to any political group in any country in the world.
This is true, but i admit i trust e.g. the former EPA more than what it has become under Pruitt/Trump. An agency initially founded to oversee pollution, prevention and ecological protection, has been hijacked by big business, rewriting initially reasonable decisions and laws of decades, in their favour. National parks being reduced to ten percent of their former size, allowing drilling for oil and deforesting in it, tax reductions for industry but not for the common man.. and all this has happens so blatantly that it cries to the heavens.

This has not much to do with republicans or democrats, people should really see through this. And it seems they do:
Google search: What americans think about Pruitt EPA

But apparently no one has the power to stand against this, or the sweet revenge against Obama is being preferred, whatever the new president does.

Old 12-31-17, 08:01 AM   #4044
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

One thing is certain: Trump splits the American nation and people more than any president ever did before him in modern time. And he intentionally does it, becasue by this he keeps his likers rallied around him - they are under the spell of a very strong wagon fort mentality. Trumo thus cannot afford to allow conflicts leading to forming that wagon fort disappearing. Reagan also was controversial, but he did not aim at raising conflict, he just accepted controversy and conflict as the price for doing it like he did. Trump depends on keeping the fires of conflict burning, he absolutely actively instrumentalisesthem.

Deadlock. I see no way out there any time soon. Trump changes the country, and the consequences will still be felt long after he has gone again.

All this shall not let forgetting however, that there also is another reason for this crisis.The political oppositon is unable to show up with any convincing alternative, and that they send Hilary Clinton into the race was the biggets mistake they could have done. it still woudl have been a mistake if Clinton would have won - for then she would have alienated the losers of the election who now support Trump - even more. She would have had a similiar, comparable effect on US society, like Trump has - just from the other end of the party spectrum.

If the Us voters really would have been clever, they would have completel boycotted the electiosn and punishing both parties by not electing any of them. Instead they voted for getting the bullet instead of getting hanged at the gallow. The better choices would have been to start a fight or to run away.

A swap of all political personell - and the system that genereates it and make sure its always the same kind of party soldiers making it to the top - is needed. And while such a swap is what it is, a revolution, it will not happen.

Groundhog Day.
Old 12-31-17, 08:34 AM   #4045
Red Devil
The Old Man

Downloads: 258

there are two things people should never discuss on forums - Religion and Politics. People can fall out so easily discussing either. Both of which, by the way, I have no affiliations as such, but am a card carrying UKIP member because they are neutral.

I meant no cheap snide remark about being unable to explain anything to a democrat. It just is. They have been blasting the tv channels with their rather silly opinions and screaming that the democratic election was faked. CNN is the worst, especially for fake news. So much so I don't watch it anymore. And that idiot in California, Whoopee (what a stupid name) Goldberg well nuff said.

Why is it that people who use the word Democracy in their title, are the least democratic. N Korea is a prime example, former Democratic Republics of wherever, the same.

My ref to the KKK is down to reading various articles over the years. They started off extreme right, but I think maybe 'fake news' twisted it to the opposite side of the spectrum. I might have been misled by that particular example.

Democrats and the 2017 election. Trump won the vast majority of the USA, red bits that were left (pardon the pun) were California and Florida, I think. California strangely had many dead people voting, now that was on the news last year. Some rich bitch democrat funded a re election in some state and Trump actually increased his vote.

Hillary Clinton. now that is a real weird lady. She allegedly has many deaths to account for, strangely enough, all opponents of hers, or turncoats who blew the whistle on her activities. You should trust her at your peril, she is so dangerous and is funded by Soros and Saudi Arabia; that too is fact and not fake news. Let her lot back in and the USA will become Islamic within 50 years. Apparently there are already Islamic no go areas in the USA, we have a few enclaves here in the UK.

The Clinton Foundation. What is the best way to hoard millions and avoid tax. Pose as a charitable foundation.

Finally, I will leave it at that, I don't want to fall out with anyone. Just remember too, Religion is the route of all evil
>
Darkness is only the absence of Light; Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge ©

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Old 12-31-17, 08:55 AM   #4046
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
In a way yes, and intentionally. He wrote
"How can someone on our side know "truth" anyway, just a few post back it was claimed we're all idiots."

He only has a problem if he believes those people. I doubt he does, and those people are mostly wrong.
I don't care what side you are on or what your beliefs are. Name calling and suggesting that others are less intelligent than you means you are out of arguments. From my point of view it should be avoided. If it can't be avoided then be prepared to get as you give. And don't cry about it.

Quote:
B.t.w. the real "establishment" is mostly right-wing and conservative, just as a reminder.
Oh my. Well I'm going to have to call you on that. I think you are wrong but since you made the statement you will have to provide some evidence.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 12-31-17, 11:44 AM   #4047
Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
I don't care what side you are on or what your beliefs are. Name calling and suggesting that others are less intelligent than you means you are out of arguments. From my point of view it should be avoided. If it can't be avoided then be prepared to get as you give. And don't cry about it.
Please do not put words in my mouth.
He said that someone gave some Trump supporters names, it was not me. I said that those people are wrong, but that i can understand that some react allergic if people openly admire Trump for rejecting science and blatant lying.
Yes i should know it is different in the US.. regarding relation of voting and political affiliation:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/timwors.../#5e0d4e491d60

https://www.thenation.com/article/wh...sts-they-dont/

Old 12-31-17, 11:58 AM   #4048
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30

I'll just leave this here

Old 12-31-17, 12:08 PM   #4049
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Due View Post
I'll just leave this here

Nice reminder von due We don't all have to agree, but play fair

http://www.eurasiareview.com/1612201...strategy-oped/

Quote:
Britain used divide and conquer to maintain control of its colonies. Now Israel has transformed the strategy into a fine art in its manipulation of its Arab neighbors.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 12-31-17, 01:27 PM   #4050
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post

Article Quote:
Britain used divide and conquer to maintain control of its colonies. Now Israel has transformed the strategy into a fine art in its manipulation of its Arab neighbors.
Darned Israelis not wanting to be exterminated "again", what's their problem? We all know if they let up for one second that's what's going to happen, and I think there are still many in the world that wouldn't be too bothered by that.

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter