Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Sounds like China.
"In the land of China, people hardly got nothing at all."

Forrest Gump

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 04:10 PM   #393
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Not everybody who owns property works for a living. Lot's of people who don't own property do work for a living. Where are you coming up with this stuff?

When the Constitution was written women and Black people couldn't vote. Would you go back to that?

Hey, I say we really go back to basics and revert the @nd Amendment to include only muzzle-loading muskets, you know, keep it real and authentic, just like the Founding fathers would...

...and, say, I've heard that old woman down the lane 'consorts' with farm animals... I wonder if she floats...?...

<O>

Last edited by vienna; 02-02-21 at 06:04 PM.
vienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 04:25 PM   #394
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

If i have learned anything in the last four years, it is this absolutely impressive humour the right wingers have shown.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 05:17 PM   #395
Sonicfire1981
Engineer

Downloads: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
It's an ancient system and while I would oppose our country returning to the practice it is hardly "dumb".
Ya, well, y'know... he's describing an oligarchy, where he, of course, is part of the political elite, while
Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanko6 View Post
[...]those of you who laughed at this, you’re exactly the person I don’t want voting.
Quote:
And it’s not anti-democratic,
is a pretty dumb thing to say. We could decide only educated people can vote. what then?
Sonicfire1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 06:02 PM   #396
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

Guys… You’re yelling at me! I didn’t make the constitution. The forefathers did. And they were pretty smart dudes. They formed this country in fear of being killed.

Now I get it, to people like you that love Biden, a racist idiot, and that’s your right, it sounds extreme. Most of you are probably from another country And don’t get it, and that’s ok. This country is still in its experimental stages. But in this country we have to ensure the right people are voting, because our forefathers demanded it.

And the Capitol Hill being taken over, was written in the articles for the purpose of the people being able to change, alter or abolish the government.

The United States of America is formed on the idea that the people who live in it and are rightful citizens can change it however they please. Even by force if necessary. But in order for those people to decide, they need to be citizens here! That was absolutely fundamental. In one way the forefathers figured, especially since they were so concerned about owning property, was to give that right to property owners only. Not certain groups of people, not certain races, not certain sexual preferences, to land owners.

In order to be a property owner, you have to strive to be better than what you are. That means going out working, working many jobs, striving to be better every single day. Not depending on the government, not depending on mommy and daddy, not just being a waitress but a waitress that is going to be better each and every day. The forefathers were absolutely fixated about property being the centralization of the country. That’s why it’s highly protected in the constitution.

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/6tFeTSUmVc
bstanko6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 06:07 PM   #397
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

And just to clarify one point for my statement above, the idea of working hard was absolutely ideal to the forefathers. They were all about small government. But you can’t have a small government when there’s millions on welfare. Which is why I talk like this. I’m not saying people don’t need welfare, or help, but that was never intended by the forefathers. Big government is a no-no in this country. But we’ve gone so far from their wishes that is actually hurting us.

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/6tFeTSUmVc
bstanko6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 06:09 PM   #398
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicfire1981 View Post
Ya, well, y'know... he's describing an oligarchy, where he, of course, is part of the political elite, while
is a pretty dumb thing to say. We could decide only educated people can vote. what then?

Shh, quiet!...

...Poor Mitch McConnell worries about that all the time and doesn't need to be reminded of yet another problem for declining GOP voter counts...

<O>
Old 02-02-21, 06:12 PM   #399
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Guys… You’re yelling at me! I didn’t make the constitution. The forefathers did. And they were pretty smart dudes. They formed this country in fear of being killed.

Now I get it, to people like you that love Biden, a racist idiot, and that’s your right, it sounds extreme. Most of you are probably from another country And don’t get it, and that’s ok. This country is still in its experimental stages. But in this country we have to ensure the right people are voting, because our forefathers demanded it.

And the Capitol Hill being taken over, was written in the articles for the purpose of the people being able to change, alter or abolish the government.

The United States of America is formed on the idea that the people who live in it and are rightful citizens can change it however they please. Even by force if necessary. But in order for those people to decide, they need to be citizens here! That was absolutely fundamental. In one way the forefathers figured, especially since they were so concerned about owning property, was to give that right to property owners only. Not certain groups of people, not certain races, not certain sexual preferences, to land owners.

In order to be a property owner, you have to strive to be better than what you are. That means going out working, working many jobs, striving to be better every single day. Not depending on the government, not depending on mommy and daddy, not just being a waitress but a waitress that is going to be better each and every day. The forefathers were absolutely fixated about property being the centralization of the country. That’s why it’s highly protected in the constitution.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 06:15 PM   #400
Sonicfire1981
Engineer

Downloads: 61

Quote:
What you do with "your" constitution is not my business (I believe others here might want to object, as they think "their" constitution should be the same as yours but it feels somewhat differently).

remind me: where did the orange man get his wealth from? again?
Sonicfire1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 07:12 PM   #401
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
In order to be a property owner, you have to strive to be better than what you are.

That's not accurate. In order to be a property owner you just need enough money to buy the property. That money doesn't have to be earned. It can be inherited, won, stolen or any number of other non-working ways of getting it.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 08:15 PM   #402
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Many Chinese own property in the US. Aren't they vested then?

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 08:23 PM   #403
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Correct me if I'm wrong but if Trump is found guilty by the Senate he loses any protections of his former office and susceptible to criminal prosecution. As my mind was wandering and pondering over the possibilities. I wondered if he would pull a Snowden and flee to Russia.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 09:00 PM   #404
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Many Chinese own property in the US. Aren't they vested then?
Not unless they are US citizens.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 09:07 PM   #405
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

I realize that but that wasn't postulated as a requirement so I played devil's advocate.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote