SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-08-11, 04:35 PM   #391
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Also with no magic skills , i suggest to make the first special meal ability cost no points . Thats because if you use the silentotto hack you cannot use the special meals until you can use points back in base . Because you have no points when starting .
good to know
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-11, 04:50 PM   #392
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544
Uploads: 0

Hi TDW

After playing few missions with the Magnum Opus installed (+ a few sound mods), I ran into a couple of problems:
- With the SH3 style UI enabled, the time compression factor is not displayed (on the upper right corner bar, near the radio contacts range). There are the + - signs, with nothing displayed between them, just the grey background of the bar.
- There is no script displayed in the Automation window. All three columns are empty. (I'm inept with using scripts, so maybe I just didn't get it right).

Otherwise, the megamod is fantastic, with a great immersion factor
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-11, 05:28 PM   #393
harag
A-ganger

Downloads: 67

TDW, Glad to see the Mega mod is in beta, great news!

I noticed you didn't have "MightyFine Less Annoying Footstep Sounds for SH5" in your list, and as I don't know a lot of those in the list can i suggest you add this one to it? or is there already one?

Cheers.

MightyFine Less Annoying Footstep Sounds for SH5
------------------------------------------------
by Heretic 4 March 2010
MightyFine Industries
Creamed Corn Division

This is a very simple mod to replace the annoying sounds when walking on a metal surface to the much more subdued walking on wood sounds.

Install with JSGME
harag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-11, 05:31 PM   #394
Poacher886
Chief

Downloads: 36

Oh dear, its one headache after another!.

I downloaded the 'Magnus Opus', file to my desktop again, this time it worked correctly, and i was able to open it via WinZip!, i was then faced with 2775 odd files, which i looked through trying to find the one called MODS, to open and copy/paste into my Silenthunter 5 MODS folder.

After some time with no success in finding the file, i re-read you instructions and figured you ment copy paste the whole downloaded file (Magnus Opus) into the SH5 MODS folder which i did (it still has the WinZip logo on it!), i then went and opened JSGME, but alas the mod was not there to activate!!

Any chance of a quick picture demo or something....this is driving me insane!

Thanks

Edit: Ok, im a dick, using the simplier 7-Zip, i realised i had'nt extracted the files!!!!..its noe in JSGME, i'll give it a go.
Poacher886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-11, 05:54 PM   #395
Poacher886
Chief

Feedback.

Right, i've activated the mod through JSGME, and loaded SH5, which loaded as normal and good, given there is no differences to the title screen, and i have'nt played SH5 before, how will i knoe straight after starting a campaign that the mod is installed.

Whats bothering me, is seeing in your collection a mod that says "Remove logo intro".....well my game loaded as standard i.e the Ubisoft logo was there and the starting film etc..!!

Thanks again....nearly there!
Old 01-08-11, 05:59 PM   #396
rsvette12
Lieutenant

Downloads: 132
Default Wow

Amazing work Sir wow incredible takes quite a while to load but this is like a new much better sim with amazing options to pick from huge thanks and to all the others that had contributed there mods.

Regards, Rich
rsvette12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-11, 06:00 PM   #397
rsvette12
Lieutenant

Downloads: 132
Default Question

Do you plan on changing the start-up screen, that would be coooool.

Regards, Rich
rsvette12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-11, 06:10 PM   #398
jwilliams
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poacher886 View Post
Feedback.

Whats bothering me, is seeing in your collection a mod that says "Remove logo intro".....well my game loaded as standard i.e the Ubisoft logo was there and the starting film etc..!!

Thanks again....nearly there!
No the mod has not been enabled!!!!

1st go to your mods folder (for me its D:\Games\simulator\SH5/mods).

inside this folder open up Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1 and inside should be 2 folders... 1 called data and the other documentation.

if this is not the case then u have put the wrong folder into your MODS folder.

i suspect that you've prob got just one folder called MODS inside your Magnum_Opus folder.... if so then you need drag this folder to your desktop and open it up. Inside you'll find 2 folders.

Magnum_Opus_scopes (do not enable)
Magnum_Opus-v0_0_1

you need to put this Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1 folder into your SH5\mods folder then activate with Generic Mod Enabler.
Old 01-08-11, 06:12 PM   #399
bart
Frogman

Downloads: 245

HUGE thanks to everyone that's contributed to this brilliant and long awaited mod.

Special thanks to TDW.....well done sir.
Old 01-08-11, 06:41 PM   #400
Poacher886
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
No the mod has not been enabled!!!!

1st go to your mods folder (for me its D:\Games\simulator\SH5/mods).

inside this folder open up Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1 and inside should be 2 folders... 1 called data and the other documentation.

if this is not the case then u have put the wrong folder into your MODS folder.

i suspect that you've prob got just one folder called MODS inside your Magnum_Opus folder.... if so then you need drag this folder to your desktop and open it up. Inside you'll find 2 folders.

Magnum_Opus_scopes (do not enable)
Magnum_Opus-v0_0_1

you need to put this Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1 folder into your SH5\mods folder then activate with Generic Mod Enabler.

Thanks Very much....you were right, and it now works as expected!!!

One thing though, i've just started my first campaign, and expected to start in a U-boat pen with the Atlantic in fornt of me.....except im stuck in the middle of a Tutorial!!!!!
Seriously, im finding it hard to even bare it.....is there any way i can avoid this forced non-sence.

Thanks
Old 01-08-11, 06:50 PM   #401
Illyustrator
中国水兵

Downloads: 80
Uploads: 1

TheDarkWraith, congratulate You and All Modders, and as patient Testers on this long-awaited event. To me it is especially pleasant, that Mega-Mod is called «Magnum Opus».
Huge to all of you Thanks for your work!!!
We continue to work...
Illyustrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-11, 06:59 PM   #402
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poacher886 View Post
Thanks Very much....you were right, and it now works as expected!!!

One thing though, i've just started my first campaign, and expected to start in a U-boat pen with the Atlantic in fornt of me.....except im stuck in the middle of a Tutorial!!!!!
Seriously, im finding it hard to even bare it.....is there any way i can avoid this forced non-sence.

Thanks
yes there is. If you open up the \documents\SH5\data\CareerHistory.cfg file you'll find an entry:

HasCompletedTutorial=true

Make it say 'true' as above and then start another campaign. Recommend deleting your 'started' campaign and then remaking it. It will ask you if you want to skip the tutorial - say yes
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-11, 07:14 PM   #403
col_Kurtz
XO

Downloads: 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Like I said this is BETA for testing and feedback purposes. We can tailor it to what it needs to be for an official release We'll see what other people think about it and make a decision based on everyone's input.

As you see sober seems to have already figured out my problem with the MCCD part of the mod.

The menu.txt files for all the languages need to be updated still also. I don't speak or write anything other than English so the community will have to pitch in here.
Yes of course Sir.
This is a real pleasure play this game right now with this stuff. I wrote - in my opinion, I know this is beta... but this beta vs stock SH5 is a release, isn`t?
My english is very poor... so sometimes some misunderstanding - for give me My intentions were good anyway. Looked into .py and I thought that something has simply overlooked.
Personally, I like pastels and soft colors. I `m playing ... not only me, I think, mainly in the dark, and I think bright colors shocked eyes.But... As i said it is my personal opinion. It`s working and this is a big deal

And here I would like to thank everyone who contributed to the creation of THIS MOD. In whole and in detail.

DRM it`s a horror, horror... col. Kurtz Apocalypse Now
WinXP Pro SP3 2x1GB Geil 800Mhz DDR2, ATI 4850 Asus Top, E2160 1.80 Ghz overlocked to 2.79Ghz MoBo Asus P5b
col_Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-11, 07:53 PM   #404
longam
Admiral

Downloads: 26

Great, let the testing begin...
longam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-11, 08:32 PM   #405
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic