SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-25-09, 07:41 AM   #391
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

That's ok OLC, unless it is not a bug I like to have malfunctions ON to simulate breakdowns It strongly adds a flavour of challenge that I really like
Old 06-25-09, 07:47 AM   #392
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contact View Post
That's ok OLC, unless it is not a bug I like to have malfunctions ON to simulate breakdowns It strongly adds a flavour of challenge that I really like
If you delete just the code I showed, as I explain, then it won't disable all malfunctions. It will only disable those malfuctions which affect the scopes and binocs, which you really don't want with OLCG2. Take the attack scope for example. One of the malfunctions is supposed to restrict it to 1 zoom level, but the OLCG2 scope is already fixed at 1 zoom level and this malfunction will mess up that zoom level (rather than having no effect at all) and consequently mess up the firing solutions. That is not a realistic malfuction, so you really ought to disable it.

If you follow the instructions I gave then all the other malfuctions will still happen, but it's up to you of course.
Old 06-25-09, 08:00 AM   #393
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis View Post
If you delete just the code I showed, as I explain, then it won't disable all malfunctions. It will only disable those malfuctions which affect the scopes and binocs, which you really don't want with OLCG2. Take the attack scope for example. One of the malfunctions is supposed to restrict it to 1 zoom level, but the OLCG2 scope is already fixed at 1 zoom level and this malfunction will mess up that zoom level (rather than having no effect at all) and consequently mess up the firing solutions. That is not a realistic malfuction, so you really ought to disable it.

If you follow the instructions I gave then all the other malfuctions will still happen, but it's up to you of course.
Maybe that is why I had strangely odd firering solutions calculated earlier without any logical explanations why ?

However there is a seal on lens malfunction that gives a slopy view if periscope is lifted above water in persicope depth which I would still like to have..
Is there any way of leaving only this malfunction regarding scopes ?
Old 06-25-09, 08:23 AM   #394
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Is there any way of leaving only this malfunction regarding scopes ?
Yes, in theory, but I'm afraid I don't have the time to dig around in the hex and work out which lines change what. Maybe someone else will... otherwise your options remain the same.
Old 06-25-09, 09:06 AM   #395
TigerShark808
Engineer

Downloads: 71
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Hey, I just started my third patrol and got surprised by faulty binoculars magnification:

Never seen this before..
I have had this happen to me a few times also(3 or 4 times). I just save game and exit then once reloaded everything is usually fine.
My problem now and has been for a few days is I cant read my crews XP in the XP BAR ? .You know the bar that shows the lvl of proficiency when a group is in one of the many station assigned to them? I would take a snap shot of the problem but cant seem to do that now either.

Have reintstalled the game twice now. Same problem(s).

I had this happen before and as above with the binocular problem it went away when i reloaded the game. But it refuses to go away now

Oh well.
D.I.D 100% Realism !

SWCs-AtlanticReaper Skin <---because it is badass!
TigerShark808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-09, 09:11 AM   #396
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerShark808 View Post
My problem now and has been for a few days is I cant read my crews XP in the XP BAR ? .You know the bar that shows the lvl of proficiency when a group is in one of the many station assigned to them?
If you mean the bar above each compartment then that is a known side-effect/bug of the LRT mod. If you use one of OLCG2's LRT options then you just have to make do without that bar.
Old 06-25-09, 09:13 AM   #397
TigerShark808
Engineer

Downloads: 71

Thank you sir..I feel so much better now
D.I.D 100% Realism !

SWCs-AtlanticReaper Skin <---because it is badass!
TigerShark808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-09, 10:28 AM   #398
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis View Post
If you mean the bar above each compartment then that is a known side-effect/bug of the LRT mod. If you use one of OLCG2's LRT options then you just have to make do without that bar.

I thought these green bars over the top of each compartment represents the average crew efficiency level at the particular compartment which is made by each persons fatigue level in that same compartment. So I don't see any green bars too but I believe it is just because I have settings in SH3 comander set to no fatigue. right ?
Old 06-25-09, 11:01 AM   #399
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
I thought these green bars over the top of each compartment represents the average crew efficiency level at the particular compartment which is made by each persons fatigue level in that same compartment.
Correct.

Quote:
So I don't see any green bars too but I believe it is just because I have settings in SH3 comander set to no fatigue. right ?
Wrong. The LRT mod is the reason you don't see the bars.
Old 06-25-09, 11:05 AM   #400
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 303

No it really is due to longer repair times mod. I have the exact same SH3Commander settings as I had in GWX2.1+(OLCE+Gui), which was standard 8h GWX setting. Never had LRT mode before. And iirc it was specificaly stated being a side effect in it's thread or readme. Now i do not have te green bars anymore. Limiting time compression and making regular crew shifts becomes more of an issue this way. But that's all part of officer-hood I'm afraid.
Old 06-25-09, 11:28 AM   #401
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I see.. thanks. Well then usage of "no fatigue" option with LRT in SH3Cmdr can now be justified assuming crew shifts changes every 8 hours or so..
Old 06-27-09, 07:44 PM   #402
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Hi,

concerning the sabotage/malfunction feature, this thread might be of interest:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=139603

As OLC has said, one has to localize the new hex offsets in OLC's camera.dat file for the parameters and correct the entries in Randomised events.cfg.

Cheers, LGN1

(Just to make sure, the values given in the link will not work with OLC's work.)
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-09, 06:50 PM   #403
Captain Birdseye
Watch Officer

Location: Sat behind my desk at BdU tapping away on my Enigma machine.
Downloads: 44

Hi there, whenever I try to click the white disc to drop down onto the peri lens, the periscope moves and I can't get it to drop down. Does anyone know why this is?
Captain Birdseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-09, 09:57 PM   #404
badwolf
XO

Downloads: 59

Quote:
I see.. thanks. Well then usage of "no fatigue" option with LRT in SH3Cmdr can now be justified assuming crew shifts changes every 8 hours or so..
Hi Contact
LRT only effects the repair time, all other compartment efficiencies are the same as GWX. The crew will get tired on duty as normal for that fatigue model used.
Its just a matter of personnal preference if you use a particular fatigue model or none at all. I personally use fatigue as I enjoy the fact that the repairs are made much more realistic due to the uncertainties and organising crew to work efficiently is a challenge, but its not everyones cup-of-tea.
badwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-09, 03:22 AM   #405
vorosgy
Swabbie

Downloads: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Birdseye View Post
Hi there, whenever I try to click the white disc to drop down onto the peri lens, the periscope moves and I can't get it to drop down. Does anyone know why this is?
You have got to enable the manual targeting realism setting.
vorosgy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gold, gui, olc, olce2, ubermod