SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-06-12, 04:37 PM   #391
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalleblom View Post
The Beast,

if i hadn´t done it already: great thx for your mod

Little question about. I use a Mod for german translation. In this there´s a upclocalization.tsr. In this are 95 % of the Information about the upgrades in german. Only nauzorios skins are not include.
Quote:
nauzorios skins, 10.5mm Deck Gun, Improved Alberich, Tarnmatte, Improved Tarnmatte and TurmEagle are a few of the items I have added that will also need Translation.
Now i have found the UpgradePacks.upc. This also have lines with an description of the upgrade.

My upgrades are displayed in english. So i try to figure out which file is the decisive one which i have to translate and the upgrades are showing in german.

Thanks for help

Kalle

EDIT: so now i found an edited UpgradePacks.upc in the stoianm upgrades available mod i used. In this are the infos about the upgrade packs additinally:

example:

[UpgradePack 24]
ID=UpackUb20mmVierling
NameDisplayable=2cm Flak 38 Quad
FunctionalType=UpFTypeWeaponHeavyFlak
Type=NULL
ImageIndex=7
UpgradePackSlotType=GerHeavyAA
UnitUpgradePackIntervalOptionCurrent= NULL, NULL, 0
UnitUpgradePackIntervalOptions1=1943-02-01, NULL, 0
IDLinkUpgradePackElements=20mmQuadImpGer
Info=Caliber: 2 cm|Elevation: -2 to +90 degrees|Rate of Fire: 800 rounds/min|Ammo Weight: 0.32 kg|Magazine Size: 20 (80 total)|Reload Time: 5.5 seconds|Breech: Automatic|Maximum Range: 12,350 meters
Notes=The 2 cm Flakvierling 38 consists of quad-mounted 2 cm Flak 38 AA guns with collapsing seats, folding handles, and ammunition racks. It is best used against low-flying aircraft, although it can prove just as effective against other targets.
TrackingID=301

Think this causes the retranslation of the upclocalization.tsr. Can someone confirm this
Yes, entries in the UPC files may override TSR descriptions and must be corrected. When/If time permits I will look into this.

My latest Bubble_01.dds is looking much better. It increases visablility but not to much.
Link to texture to see same image with different background color to visualize how transparent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Will it come with availability by date so i can delete the mod i made .
I am working on this bit-by-bit but keep getting interrupted by real life. End of summer here and many people have been stopping by.
I am selling this house so I will be moving soon to a new home. This will put me offline for some unknown amount of time.

Regards!
TheBeast

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire

Last edited by TheBeast; 09-07-12 at 02:29 AM.
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-12, 02:55 AM   #392
Kalleblom
Lieutenant

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
nauzorios skins, 10.5mm Deck Gun, Improved Alberich, Tarnmatte, Improved Tarnmatte and TurmEagle are a few of the items I have added that will also need Translation.
I´m working on it.

Quote:
Yes, entries in the UPC files may override TSR descriptions and must be corrected. When/If time permits I will look into this.

My latest Bubble_01.dds is looking much better. It increases visablility but not to much.
Link to texture to see same image with different background color to visualize how transparent.

I am working on this bit-by-bit but keep getting interrupted by real life. End of summer here and many people have been stopping by.
I am selling this house so I will be moving soon to a new home. This will put me offline for some unknown amount of time.

Regards!
TheBeast
Thank you for information and nice bubbles

Hope you get a good price for your estate and feeling comfortable in your new on.

Kalle
Kalleblom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-12, 03:02 AM   #393
TheBeast
The Old Man

Default Installing EUF during existing Campaign

Just remembered that if you install Equipment Upgrade Fixes Mod after starting a Campaign that some Equipment may not be available on current boat.

For Example the Hinged Snorkel:
The Hinged Snorkel replaces your deck gun when equipped.
The Problem is the the Submarine UPCGE file originally did not contain any refference to this upgrade option when you took command of your boat.
In turn, your save game files do not have any refference to this specific update option and this specific information is not updated in the files mentioned below once you have started a Career.
This results in the Upgrade Option not listing when in the Bunker.

To fix this, you can manually edit your save game files to enable the option to intall this item.
There are two (2) files that will need to be edited in the "~\Documents\SH5\data\cfg\SaveGames\<last_save_folder>" folder.
1. "ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc"
2. "UPCInitial\ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc"
These two files need to be in sync or may cause CTD.

Use Notepad Search function to find "AcceptedTypes=GerMediumDeckGun". There may be multiple instance of this entry depending on how many Conning Towers are available for your current Submarine. All instance will need to be updated.
Change it to be "AcceptedTypes=GerMediumDeckGun,UboatType7xSnorkle"
NOTE: depending on the Type Uboat you have, "x" can equal a, b, c or c41
Save changes and launch or restart the game.
Load the Save game that you edited.

If you are in the Bunker, the snorkel should be available upgrade option. At least until I start enforcing Equipment Availabilty Dates.
If you are at sea, this upgrade should be available the next time you return to port.

I hope this answers some questions that a few people have sent PM's about.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Submarine FX Screen Capture with Snorkel Exhaust and Deck Splash.

New Submarine FX Screen Capture with Bubbles.

The Bubble size varies from very small to medium size.
As you can see above. Bubbles that have submarine behind them are clear and bubbles without anything behind them seem out of focus causing small bubbles to vanish. I think this is caused by one of the Environment Underwater Filters but not sure yet. I am using Environmental v5 by W_cler and I will try stock Environment to see if that makes a difference.
The new bubble_01.dds texture is looking good. Now I can play with Particle Opacity values for fine tuning of this FX after I deal with possiable Environment Underwater Filter issue.

Regards!
TheBeast

Last edited by TheBeast; 09-07-12 at 08:40 AM.
Old 09-12-12, 08:24 AM   #394
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Finally got the time for testing your next version of EUF / U-boat FX... better late than never

So far I've carried out just a quick test with a VIIC/41 but hey man, it is already enought for saying that you made a crazy work on those FX, but probably a few images are telling more than a thousand words:

bow view:

the conning tower from astearn:

decks awash:

In one word, stunning

my only remarks:

Splashes are visible in conning tower's interior when looking from top of it down the hatch...

and after diving I couldn't see any bubble, but maybe the custom mission I picked was too dark for testing them...

Oh wait, I've just realized that I forgot to delete the bubbles dds, as you were suggesting to do .
What an orrible beta tester I am
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-12, 09:21 AM   #395
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post

Splashes are visible in conning tower's interior when looking from top of it down the hatch...
Great picture!
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-12, 04:11 PM   #396
TheBeast
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
my only remarks:

Quote:
Yes, this is known issue.
When you are ouside ship with Deck Watch and looking down into boat you can see the Splashes.
There is really nothing I can do about that. I think it is related to seeing Deck Watch Shadows on Exterior surface of Conning Tower because Conning Tower Structure is not blocking.
and after diving I couldn't see any bubble, but maybe the custom mission I picked was too dark for testing them...
Quote:
Yes, sorry about the Blue Bubble I accidently include. Blue Bubble is Como in Blue Water.
Oh wait, I've just realized that I forgot to delete the bubbles dds, as you were suggesting to do .
What an orrible beta tester I am
My latest available bubble in PNG format:
bubble_01.dds
You can easily convert to DDS for now if you like.

Old 09-13-12, 08:27 AM   #397
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Yes, this is known issue.
When you are ouside ship with Deck Watch and looking down into boat you can see the Splashes.
There is really nothing I can do about that. I think it is related to seeing Deck Watch Shadows on Exterior surface of Conning Tower because Conning Tower Structure is not blocking.
yes, I believe like you that it is going to be hard, if possible at all, to find the cullprit of this little flaw, but we can live with it anyway

Quote:
My latest available bubble in PNG format:
bubble_01.dds
You can easily convert to DDS for now if you like.
nice texture, but a bit too rounded. In RL underwater bubbles look a bit more oval and overally irregular, with a little concavity on their south pole due to the buoyancy force acting on them.
Like in this picture:

or, even better, in this one:
http://wallpaper.wallpedia.org/wallp...ater_theme.jpg

I am sure that with your experince in manipulating images you can easily modify the texture posted by you for obtaining a more natural results
Old 09-13-12, 09:32 AM   #398
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

Beast. I have the VIIc41 installed and the snorkel is on the conn. I can't use it as there's no key command that works for it. Any suggestions?

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-12, 12:19 PM   #399
TheBeast
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
Beast. I have the VIIc41 installed and the snorkel is on the conn. I can't use it as there's no key command that works for it. Any suggestions?
Please read Post #372 for more info on this.

Old 09-14-12, 06:20 AM   #400
gap
Navy Seal

Okay, made some more testing. With a VIIB and in broad daylight this time
Here are a few screenies:

Look guys at the water streaming from hull's holes: something I had not noticed during my previous test. Very well done, TheBeast!

This time I didn't forget to replace the bubble_01 texture. Here's one last screenshot showing air bubbles coming from the deck:

I've shightly modified TheBeast's texture. In my opinion bubbles look more like the real thing now. TheBeast, if you like my changes, here is the new texture, in PNG format:

Old 09-14-12, 07:58 AM   #401
Kalleblom
Lieutenant

Nice Bubbles.

Bubbles, bubbles my bubbles!

Old 09-20-12, 05:23 AM   #402
TheBeast
The Old Man

Default Equipment Upgrade Fixes v2 sneak preview

Here is a sneak preview of some upcoming changes in Equipment Upgrade Fixes v2

Thanks you goes to BIGREG, Sober, Gap, and Tonschk for Testing and suggestions.

Bubbles, Deck Splash, Snorkel Exhaust, Splash and Wake.
D/L includes Hinged Snorkel's for EUF
EUF_UBoat_FX_v0_0_3_byTheBeast 10meg

Regards!
TheBeast

Old 09-20-12, 06:19 AM   #403
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 155

Yeah !

"Better watch where you do not go, because where were going, we will know what it is when we get there, and anyway, it will never be only water."

Proverbe Shadok
BIGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-12, 06:47 AM   #404
lesec74
Ensign

Downloads: 259

Quote:
Here is a sneak preview of some upcoming changes in Equipment Upgrade Fixes v2

Thanks you goes to BIGREG, Sober, Gap, and Tonschk for Testing and suggestions.

Bubbles, Deck Splash, Snorkel Exhaust, Splash and Wake.
D/L includes Hinged Snorkel's for EUF
EUF_UBoat_FX_v0_0_3_byTheBeast 10meg

Regards!
TheBeast
hello,
I have downloaded this file and I have 2 folders:data and documentation;In documentation , I have 4 folders,how use these 4 folders?jsgme?
thanks
lesec74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-12, 06:59 AM   #405
Kalleblom
Lieutenant

You only have to extract the mod into your MODS folder and enable. The files in the document folder are only info stuff.

In your MODS folder it must show this:
EUF_UBoat_FX_v0_0_3_byTheBeast

and klick on enable.