SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-25-08, 11:11 AM   #391
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruco9999
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCIP
It's weird, doesn't quite make any sense right now. I tried other playable ships and they work just fine... But no forward turret on this one. I'll keep looking... :hmm:
Does it work when you use the original posted download at the start of this thread?
No, that's the weird thing! I have nothing but SHIV v1.05 and Xantro's Pocket BB 1.01, and no forward turret... I tried the older 1.00, even, and it still has no forward turret - except the textures are also fubar.

I originally tried it with TMaru, Environment 4.5 and Operation Monsoon. That didn't work either, that's why I tried going back to stock to track down the source of the issue... Turned out that it won't even go with stock. Go figure!

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-08, 11:27 AM   #392
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29

Ok, well, I tracked down the problem to the playable turret. I can equip the ship with a playable 105mm gun in campaign and it will work just fine, but the playable 11-inch turret will not show up at all. It does show up on the equipment screen, but not the submarine itself.

Hmm :hmm:

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-08, 11:34 AM   #393
Mudpig
Watch

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 0

I did clone the stock 20mm Single , but I assigned all new ID to all nodes so don't think the behaviour comes from that. But I run over the files to see if I messed up something. :hmm:
Mudpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-08, 02:41 AM   #394
UrPeaceKeeper
Helmsman

Downloads: 40

<whistles>

Just ran some "extensive" testing against a few Task Forces. Managed to sink an entire task force by staying outa the AI BB's gunnery range (which admitedly is way to close. I'm not complaining ) Sank two BB's 3 Heavy Cruisers, 2 Light Cruisers and 8 Destroyers taking 0 damage. I have to say so far I like this overpowering effect over DD's. THey are now just time compression killers which gets old. Having run this latest release into the ground I'd say the only thing I'd like to see is the gun smoke clouds get darker still.

Ended the patrol with 186k sunk and got nothing more than a 10k renown and a few medals for the crew. Well ok I got the highest German award again but thats not much of an accomplishment. I really wish the crew got more medals for participating in such a heated battle! I gave my 6 awards to my gunner crew in an attempt to boost their moral :P

I also dropped on board all the TIV Acoustic Homing Torpedo's on board as DD killers as they are honestly very very pesky!

I finally got S3D on my comp so I cant use the excuse I dont know how to do it anymore. Just a matter of taking the time to do it before Friday Morning!

Good Work! So far no bugs!

Mudpig could you give me a hint as to which part of the particles.dat file you edited to get it darker? I couldnt seem to find it. Right now I see something about "Big Guns Shoot" but it's all stock colors and the other is "Deck Gun Camera Flash" or something like that that is also the stock colors. Hook me up and I can change em out to my personal taste

Last edited by UrPeaceKeeper; 05-29-08 at 02:54 AM.
UrPeaceKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-08, 05:31 AM   #395
andycaccia
XO

Downloads: 261

I'm looking to make the command room more "manned". jus one sailor on an big ship is quite depressing. How can i put in place the first officer and the navigation officer? (just to resemble a stock type XVIII)
Old 05-29-08, 06:07 AM   #396
W4lt3r
Ensign

Downloads: 43

Peackeeper, if the short range is problem, i can always adjust it a lot higher. How about 36 kilometers? :rotfl: Render distance is 20km or so.. Did the 1.5 change it further? I could then go even further with the 15km max range..
W4lt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-08, 12:38 PM   #397
UrPeaceKeeper
Helmsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4lt3r
Peackeeper, if the short range is problem, i can always adjust it a lot higher. How about 36 kilometers? :rotfl: Render distance is 20km or so.. Did the 1.5 change it further? I could then go even further with the 15km max range..
Nah thats totally fine I'll just assume they were under orders not to engage enemy forces and conserve ammo for an upcoming battle I'm surprised the eleven inchers managed to sink a New Mexico Class and a North Carolina Class BB. Must have been lucky!

Old 05-29-08, 09:21 PM   #398
gimpy117
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 108

is the random crash after heavy damaged fixed...cause Ive been seeign this...
Old 05-29-08, 11:18 PM   #399
UrPeaceKeeper
Helmsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimpy117
is the random crash after heavy damaged fixed...cause Ive been seeign this...
I havent crashed after getting taken out by a BB. It only happens if you hit a sub command like surface or that.

Found another bug. We have 8 torpedo tubes but only 6 are useable. If I had any clue as to where to start I'd look but the periscope and the torpedo controll map you only have the ability to use 6 of them.

Old 05-30-08, 04:39 AM   #400
claybirdd
Frogman

Downloads: 32

So much fun.I swore I wouldnt play the German campaign, however, this mod made me change my mind. A lot of great work and ideas have been implemented. IF ONLY OM COMPATIBLE
claybirdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-08, 12:16 AM   #401
gimpy117
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 108

RUCCO's mod is missing the bridge! help!
Old 06-08-08, 01:13 PM   #402
woofiedog
Engineer

Downloads: 9

This is some extremely Mint work on this ship... a real blast. Thank's for all of this hard work!
Old 06-08-08, 02:59 PM   #403
andycaccia
XO

Really enjoying the german campaign now!
More then 340.000 tonnes of allied shipping sent to the bottom of the ocean in one single patrol.
Old 06-08-08, 03:58 PM   #404
andycaccia
XO

Hi boys, sorry to bother you with this, I know it is not the best place for such question but..
I was messing around with the mission editor attempting to make the u boat campaign more "pocket battleship like"... (i'd like to increase the nuber of ships in random convoys).
So I have opened a campaign sim (allies_convoys_43.sim). The problem is that i can not save the mission (even if I do not change anything) because the editor says "no player unit found" and in prevents me to validate and save the .mis file.

Where should i look for this?
Thanx!
Old 06-10-08, 07:55 PM   #405
9th_cow
Planesman

Downloads: 53

im having a blast with this, unfortunatly every time i land a salvo on a DD it seems to cause a CTD
proudest moment to date, hvy cruiser, 10 000 + range, landed so many hits she flooded and capsised

only downsides, constant CTD's (get those without the mods anyway) and the damage model, 0% damage....80+% damage, with no notification inbetween.
i tend to dissengage when i feel like i might be damaged, because the hull always reads 0% till it decides to give way altogether lol.
9th_cow is offline   Reply With Quote