SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-14-10, 07:47 AM   #3946
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nufsed View Post
Hi TDW, a million thanks, works perfectly, one really small glitch I am having though is the message box disappearing...is it somthing I'm doing?
disappearing? When and what causes it to disappear? Is it TC level or ?? By default the L key is used to toggle the messagebox visibility and shift+L to toggle it's size vertically. Does it happen when pressing the L key?
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-10, 08:06 AM   #3947
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelanca View Post
Just had to say that the automation feature that you added is great. I have started to play with making my own and find it very useful. Now all it needs is the addition of writing scripts in game
I documented the TDW_Automation.SHA file with the current functions available to Automation and the new functions I have created for it. I didn't document how to make your own scripts or own commands though. Making your own scripts is probably pretty obvious from viewing the automation files but making new commands is not. The real power of Automation is the ability to make new commands - these new commands are script code and thus ANYTHING that one can do in a script can be done in Automation.
I also didn't document that multiple scripts can be running in Automation at the same time.
An Automation command in a script is defined as so:

command,1,2,3,4,5,6,t

where:

command = name of command
1 = parameter 1 passed to the command (has to be able to convert to float value)
2 = parameter 2 passed to the command (has to be able to convert to float value)
3 = parameter 3 passed to the command
4 = parameter 4 passed to the command
5 = parameter 5 passed to the command
6 = number of times to execute. If set to 0 then there's no limit. I'll explain this one more.
t = time in seconds to wait after command is given before next command is given. If 0 then the wait time will be 0.1 second. If command is the last command in the script then the wait time is ignored (it's 0)

Automation contains a Loop command that does what it sounds like - loop through the section of code defined by it x times. The times to execute parameter can control how many times a certain command is executed in this looping cycle. Maybe you want a command only given once during the loop cycle. i.e.:

[AS]
Test_Loop
[CATEGORY]
Testing
[COMMANDS]
Set_Time_Compression,1,0,0,0,0,1,0 ; set time compression to 1 and wait 1 second before next command
Rise_whole_obs_periscope,0,0,0,0,0,0,6 ; fully raise the obs scope. Wait 6 seconds before issuing next command
Activate_Scope_Station,1,0,0,0,0,0,0 ; activate the obs scope
Sweep_Scope,1,0,360,120.0,0,0,1 ; sweep the scope from 0 to 360 in 120 seconds. Next command will be issued 1 second after sweep is finished
Lower_whole_obs_periscope,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 ; fully lower the obs scope
Leave_Scope_Station,1,0,0,0,0,0,0 ; leave the obs scope
Wait,0,0,0,0,0,0,600 ; wait 10 mins
Loop,5,0,0,0,0,0,0 ; loop through everything 5 times
[COMMANDS_END]

this entire script will loop 5 times BUT the command Set_Time_Compression will only be given the first time through the loop. You can also have a Loop inside a Loop for some interesting effects

Once you understand Automation and the power it brings to the game you'll see the uses for it. And Automation was needed to lay the foundation for my next big idea.....

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 08-14-10 at 08:27 AM.
Old 08-14-10, 09:36 AM   #3948
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
And Automation was needed to lay the foundation for my next big idea.....
Next big idea?

I looked at 2nd post at this thread, but it was not updated lately...
Menage mod's option panel?
New SH5 options at main menu?

PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-10, 10:43 AM   #3949
Brumete
Sailor man

Downloads: 191
infinity versión interface UI by TheDarkWraith

Every day new version of the mod, for when the final version? 10.0? jejejeje
thanks for everything
Brumete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-10, 12:10 PM   #3950
Schultzy
Commander

Downloads: 48

Oh dear, Brumete. It looks like you've become a little too accustomed to Ubi's own unique brand of troubleshooting and bug squashing.

I guess in comparison, TDW is a breath of fresh air, yep.

Anyway, I got home early, installed the new version and can happily report it works perfectly. I can now sail and automate to my heart's content.

Thank you for all the hard work trying to track this down and ultimately fix it TDW and thanks also to Captain Joe for the initial hint.

Great job guys.

SH5 is to history what Star Trek is to science...it is exciting and inspiring, but eventually you have to come home from the convention, take off the pointy ears, and come to the realization that it was all just pretend and make-believe.
Schultzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-10, 12:14 PM   #3951
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
Thank you for all the hard work trying to track this down and ultimately fix it TDW and thanks also to Captain Joe for the initial hint.
Sober was my testing guinea pig while trying to figure this out so big thanks to him also for putting up with my testing files I kept sending to him to test
Old 08-14-10, 12:18 PM   #3952
Schultzy
Commander

Downloads: 48

Ahh, yeah, I knew I'd overlook someone...

Sober, good job mate, patience of a saint.
SH5 is to history what Star Trek is to science...it is exciting and inspiring, but eventually you have to come home from the convention, take off the pointy ears, and come to the realization that it was all just pretend and make-believe.
Schultzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-10, 01:22 PM   #3953
von faust
Soundman

Downloads: 430

Continue to appear the board in the right when I go to nav map or exit from dialog box whith my officer.
What is it ????

von faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-10, 01:29 PM   #3954
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

It is Ottos Chalkboard Mod

Unless you altered the Keys click Shift+B to get rid of it, K adds chalk tallies
Old 08-14-10, 04:22 PM   #3955
eon850aye
Mate

Downloads: 19
Default Obs scope not raising fully

TDW, is this a bug or an option to change I have missed?

I only use the New UIs mod-enhanced sh5 with all dials, none of the extras...
I have the latest JSGME 2.6 and New UIs 4.0.3.

This has been bugging me for a while now, and I have finally found the culprit, sorry TDW, it seems to be this mod.

Now I don't use the obs scope much, but every now and then I like to take the odd external screenshot. A while ago now, I noticed that the obs scope didn't appear to be as high as usual.
This didn't really bother me at first, but then it burrowed in, and looking through my screenies I could see it sticking out like a sore thumb.
I've spent an hour or so tonight, installing my mods one by one, till it happened again, and it is just this mod.
It happens with all the mods I've been using and also when Im just using the New UIs on its own.
If I do want to use it, the sea has to be dead calm, the sub at snorkel depth and preferably stationary, to be able to just break the surface!
As you can see from the pics, it's quite a difference.
(appologises in advance if this has been mentioned before).

eon850aye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-10, 04:31 PM   #3956
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

that is correct. The periscopes were adjusted to more historically accurate values for height. In lieu of that I added the snorkel depth icon to the depth bar so one had an easy way to get to the depth for the obs scope. You can use goblin editor to change it if it really bothers you.
Old 08-14-10, 04:38 PM   #3957
eon850aye
Mate

Downloads: 19

Okey dokey, thanks mate, but I think I'll leave it, now that I know it was intentional, I can forget about it and concentrate on playing the game.
eon850aye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-10, 04:55 PM   #3958
Nufsed
Sparky

Downloads: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
disappearing? When and what causes it to disappear? Is it TC level or ?? By default the L key is used to toggle the messagebox visibility and shift+L to toggle it's size vertically. Does it happen when pressing the L key?
Oops, must read the notes more carefully, sorry TDW my bad. Great work though mate.

Nufsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-10, 05:56 AM   #3959
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

I tried getting anti aicraft ammo to work but i couldnt .
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=173629
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-10, 06:44 AM   #3960
303_Michcich
A-ganger

Downloads: 82

one more TDW - current IRAI 0.16 seems to be conflicting with UIs mod 4.03...I guess it`s simply to overwrite in JGSME ?
303_Michcich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui