SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-26-14, 03:32 PM   #3766
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0
A Question

Greatings From Baltimore Maryland ( CA45 ). My name is Jerry and I'm getting ready to switch to a new " Home Built Computer ". First of all , I have a " Patched 1.4 , StarForce free " version of SHIII, on DVD and would like to use the " H.sie_V16B1-Patch-Kit ". I must be doing something wrong, because my version of SHIII won't complete the patching with the " H.sie_V16B1-Patch-Kit ", I think I followed the instructions as specified in the " Read-me " but I'm not sure if I missed something or that there could be another problem . Any suggestions or help would be appreciated . Thanx
Doolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-14, 10:40 AM   #3767
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360
Default THANX

I gave it a day off and tried this morning , I'm good , and yes I had goofed the other nite . I was not reading the " Read-me " correctly " . Never mess with this stuff after 5 or 6 beers... LOL Thank u ... Jerry CA45

Oh yea in answer to your question : I received a message in a black message box with some print and the message " Not Complete " . I believe , I didn't write it down because I was going to look at it again . The second time it worked fine ... again thanx

Last edited by Doolar; 06-27-14 at 11:41 AM.
Doolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-14, 12:40 PM   #3768
messageboy101
Engineer

Downloads: 429

is this compatible with the steam version of SH3
messageboy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-14, 12:59 PM   #3769
desertstriker
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 998

Yes it is compatable with the steam version.
desertstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-14, 04:05 PM   #3770
messageboy101
Engineer

Downloads: 429

But it must be a clean .exe no 4gb patch

If so here i go to reinstale sh3 a 2nd time today
messageboy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-14, 09:21 AM   #3771
suitednate
Planesman

Downloads: 43

Is anyone here using the Conus widescreen mod in addition to these patches? It appears that there might be some conflicts.
suitednate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-14, 10:35 AM   #3772
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitednate View Post
Is anyone here using the Conus widescreen mod in addition to these patches? It appears that there might be some conflicts.
I have used CONUS' mod with both sets of patches with no problems.

If you make changes to the menu_1024_768.ini and other files after all other mods (including CONUS' WS mod) have been activated, and if you then activate the patcher mods after all other mods, then it is not possible for the patches to conflict with any other mod. But you must make the changes to the files after all other mods are active.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-14, 03:25 PM   #3773
suitednate
Planesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWalleye View Post
I have used CONUS' mod with both sets of patches with no problems.

If you make changes to the menu_1024_768.ini and other files after all other mods (including CONUS' WS mod) have been activated, and if you then activate the patcher mods after all other mods, then it is not possible for the patches to conflict with any other mod. But you must make the changes to the files after all other mods are active.
Well the load screens for the Conus mod won't show up. Just blackness. Game starts though. Also last night when I was taking damage from depth charges I was getting all these blank message from CE. No text on the bottom center message log. Was wondering if any of this was due to conflicts. The conus compass rose add on didn't work either.

I am running GWX with conus widescreen, conus compass rose add on, Hsie and stiebler patch.
Old 07-06-14, 03:34 PM   #3774
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Quote:
Well the load screens for the Conus mod won't show up. Just blackness. Game starts though. Also last night when I was taking damage from depth charges I was getting all these blank message from CE. No text on the bottom center message log. Was wondering if any of this was due to conflicts. The conus compass rose add on didn't work either.

I am running GWX with conus widescreen, conus compass rose add on, Hsie and stiebler patch.
Did you make the modifications to the files for the patchers after activating all other mods?
Old 07-06-14, 03:58 PM   #3775
suitednate
Planesman

Quote:
Did you make the modifications to the files for the patchers after activating all other mods?
At that point no, what I have tried since then (but have not been able to test yet) is to make the stiebler changes to the files within the other mods themselves when talking about the messages and commands. But there is a conflict within the dials. Also I added the lines for the stiebler fog meter but that doesn't seem to work right with the conus widescreen either.
Old 07-06-14, 04:20 PM   #3776
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Quote:
At that point no, what I have tried since then (but have not been able to test yet) is to make the stiebler changes to the files within the other mods themselves when talking about the messages and commands. But there is a conflict within the dials. Also I added the lines for the stiebler fog meter but that doesn't seem to work right with the conus widescreen either.
I suggest that you follow the excellent instructions provided by both h.sie and Stiebler. Don't make changes to the files within the other mods. Leave them alone so that it will be easier to restore them if necessary.

Make sure you follow Stiebler's instructions, which make an important change to the instructions provided by h.sie. Read both sets of instructions carefully first, and make sure you understand what you are going to do. Then follow the instructions carefully. There is no need to deviate or improvise.

WAEFRTD
Old 07-08-14, 03:20 PM   #3777
suitednate
Planesman

If I'm going to add SH3 commander to GWX and the Hsie and stiebler patches, should I install that after or before the hard coded fixes? And if it is before the fixes, can I just unload the patches through jsgme, then Install Sh3 commander and then reload the patches through Jsgme? Or do I have to run the batch files and edit all the files again after installing Sh3 commander?

Hope it was clear what I'm asking.
Old 07-08-14, 04:09 PM   #3778
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

SH3 Commander is a stand-alone program, not a mod. It doesn't matter when you install it. You launch Commander, select the options you want, set up a new career (if necessary) in Commander, then launch SH3 from within Commander, by clicking the "Launch SH3!" button. Commander does its file-modding, then initializes SH3. When you exit SH3 (as you normally would), Commander restarts, and either removes the file-changes automatically or when you click the "Rollback SH3" button.
Old 07-08-14, 05:27 PM   #3779
suitednate
Planesman

Quote:
SH3 Commander is a stand-alone program, not a mod. It doesn't matter when you install it. You launch Commander, select the options you want, set up a new career (if necessary) in Commander, then launch SH3 from within Commander, by clicking the "Launch SH3!" button. Commander does its file-modding, then initializes SH3. When you exit SH3 (as you normally would), Commander restarts, and either removes the file-changes automatically or when you click the "Rollback SH3" button.
Thanks for the info
Old 07-10-14, 04:45 PM   #3780
suitednate
Planesman

After loading SH3 commander, I have found that the realistic torpedo reloading limits of the realism patch (ie, no reloading if wind speed is above 7 m/s so you have to dive to reload) seem to have been "invalidated" by sh3 commander. I was reloading at 10 m/s and also able use the deck gun at about 8m/s. Anyone know why this might have happened and what need to change?