SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-15-11, 06:07 PM   #346
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egan View Post
Fought a dragon elsewhere and it went down easy once I got it on the floor. Glad to see that killing dragons isn't bug in itself. The problem I had was with one near the little island east of Iverstead in case anyone has the same problem.
Bring some means of curing disease. I didn't, and I didn't notice the little notification when it flashes up on the top left of the screen. By the time I caught on to what was going on, my problems became more permanent. Now my two best friends are named 'sneak' and 'lockpick'.

Quote:
I'm actually considering calling in sick tomorrow just so I can play it more. Lol. It's a very long time since I felt like that about a game.
I'll be doing that on Friday.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-11, 06:40 PM   #347
Egan
Admiral

Downloads: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike88 View Post
The island in the middle of the lake? I'm in Iverstead now doing the Shrouded Hearth Barrow, if it's the same Island, I'll head over at day break to check it out.
Yeah, same lake. There's a little ruined tower on the shore line beyond it which I'd reached when it attacked me. Now I'm not sure whether this is a random dragon spawn or not because the second time I fought it I had done the dungeon on the island, completed the quest for the girl's remains and gone back to town first.
Egan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-11, 07:01 PM   #348
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egan View Post
Yeah, same lake. There's a little ruined tower on the shore line beyond it which I'd reached when it attacked me. Now I'm not sure whether this is a random dragon spawn or not because the second time I fought it I had done the dungeon on the island, completed the quest for the girl's remains and gone back to town first.
I found the Island, but there was no Dragon. I continued east until I got to Riften, on the way I passed a Dragon Burial site(Alduin awakens the dragons from them one by one, this particular site was missing the dragon in question(you can tell by the crater in the center)), so It's definitely in the area. When I was heading down from High Hrothgar I did have one fly over me, so I think it may be the same one, I just need to encounter him somewhere in the area.
Old 11-15-11, 07:57 PM   #349
Falkirion
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 34

Yosh, this game is going to be an awesome time sink for me. I barely scratched the surface last night during my first session and I fell in love with the world. Good bye Battlefield 3, you've been a fun game but Skyrim is my new drug.

Planning on making my current character a 2 handed beserker. Got my first power word and beat the Drudge king/captain, whatever he is. Looking forward to heading out into the wider world to have some more fun.
Falkirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-11, 09:20 PM   #350
Drewcifer
Commodore

Downloads: 38

Spellbreaker is pretty cool in this one, both a physical shield you wield and it casts ward when you use it.

In other news I ran into an enemy that was nearly 100% immune to magic... and I'm playing a mage who refuses to even carry with him a dagger, or stoop to the level of a caveman and conjure a sword. Thus I pretty much became a healer while Lydia killed him.

Interesting turn of events as I have been up until now the major damage dealer the tactic thru me off when my spells had zero effect and I had to react lydia couldn't stand toe to toe and fight for long but we over came together like always. epic stories so far.
Drewcifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-11, 09:25 PM   #351
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

I wonder if slaying my way through the Thieves guild could be considered an honorable, non-law breaking thing to do.
Old 11-15-11, 09:44 PM   #352
Drewcifer
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike88 View Post
I wonder if slaying my way through the Thieves guild could be considered an honorable, non-law breaking thing to do.
Hey its your world, Npc's just live in it.
Old 11-15-11, 10:15 PM   #353
Falkirion
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 34

Out of curiosity. Is anyone else running it on a Radeon HD 5970? Its a 2gb card so it should be able to handle ultra right? The set up defaulted to high for me, and even then the frame rate stuttered on the intro. Might bump it up now that I'm in the game proper and see if it still stutters.
Falkirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-11, 10:17 PM   #354
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
Hey its your world, Npc's just live in it.
I'm more worried about it affecting my infamy.

Edit: Egan, was the dragon in question green, and named Blood Dragon? If so I found him near Shor's Stone(East of Iverstead) and was able to kill him without a problem.

Edit2: Speaking of my Infamy, according to the crime statistic I've assaulted 51 people, and murdered 1, I also apparently have a 1,000 bounty on my head. I wonder who I "murdered".

Last edited by Spike88; 11-15-11 at 10:28 PM.
Spike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-11, 11:37 PM   #355
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

Just made my first set of Orcish armor. While I don't really care for the looks, I'm getting 84 in armor just from the Main piece alone. I've started collecting ebony ingots for when my smithing level reaches 60.

Edit: Started a Night to remember quest and stumbled upon a Daedric quest in Marlarth. It's pretty damn creepy, gave me chills, but I'm also playing in a dark room, so that contributed.

Last edited by Spike88; 11-16-11 at 12:00 AM.
Spike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-11, 12:50 AM   #356
Drewcifer
Commodore

The Molag quest line?
Old 11-16-11, 01:07 AM   #357
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
The Molag quest line?

Aye, although I didn't kill the Vigil, Lydia did, stabbed him while he was lying on the ground.

For some reason I can't marry Ysolda, haven't gotten the quest for her, despite wearing the amulet of mora. When my girlfriend was playing she got the quest the first time she talked to her, without the Amulet. I guess she just doesn't like me. Any other suggestions for a wife?
Old 11-16-11, 02:04 AM   #358
Drewcifer
Commodore

You can go back to riverwood and marry the that Camila girl in the shop where you returned the golden dragon claw. Also Aela the huntress is a fairly attractive wife if your done with the companions quests and you like violent women... lol. There are a few more scattered about, but I can't think of names... there was a lady in tavern somewhere that responded to the amulet but she looked like a dragon sat on her face...
Old 11-16-11, 12:02 PM   #359
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
You can go back to riverwood and marry the that Camila girl in the shop where you returned the golden dragon claw. Also Aela the huntress is a fairly attractive wife if your done with the companions quests and you like violent women... lol. There are a few more scattered about, but I can't think of names... there was a lady in tavern somewhere that responded to the amulet but she looked like a dragon sat on her face...
I don't really care for Camila, if she's willing to marry me despite her involvement with the elf, she's not my type. Plus she's not that pretty.

Right now I'm thinking of Mjoll the Lioness or I hear the priestess in the temple of Dibella are marry-able.
Old 11-16-11, 12:52 PM   #360
Drewcifer
Commodore

Well from what I gather all the housecarls are marry-able (Yours, not the other Jarls)

But there are a few types of wives, obviously warrior wives Lydia, Aela.

Merchant wives which buy and sell and give you a portion of the gold they make Camila, Ysolda

And then the others i'm not sure..... but it seems basically there is 'trainer wives' and 'merchant wives' and I'm not sure if there is another type.