SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-11-11, 04:05 AM   #3436
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff lackey View Post
No, I read you correctly - Windows mode was already unchecked. That's why I checked it - since the problem was occurring while unchecked, I figured I'd change it to see if the mode had any impact. It did. No idea why, but it did.
That is very strange behaviour indeed. I have never experienced it myself, so I can't offer any real good fix for you. Try cleaning the register first as the least intrusive method. After the register cleaning, run one of the missions (don't use a saved game) to see if it helped. If that fixes the problem, you can go ahead and start a new campaign - I don't recommend loading saved games as the fault may still be somewhere in the saved game files.

If this simple fix does not work, I have no other suggestion than to uninstall all mods and the sim, clean the registry again, then re-load SH4 (only SH4). Load a mission and try it out. If it works OK, then load the update (U-Boats and other stuff), and run a mission again. If that works, load the TMO mod and run another mission. Using a one-at-a-time method like this, you will be able to tell exactly where the program fails.

You can also try going backwards. Disable ALL mods except TMO, then TMO, then U-Boats. Clean the registry between each disabling.

If you can catch the problem by going backwards, so much the better. It would be alot faster this way.

Good Hunting!
Old 11-18-11, 07:13 AM   #3437
LUKNER
Torpedoman

Downloads: 743

It is necessary to test the help new mods. It is established on mods TMO 2.2, TMO1.9, RSRDC_TMO_V502.
Your remarks I ask to throw off in this theme.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=189639
http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthrea...t=63986&page=7
MODS:
http://narod.ru/disk/31390946001/%D0...UBSIM.rar.html

Excuse for bad transfer of language.
LUKNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-11, 11:24 AM   #3438
mobucks
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff lackey View Post
Thanks. It was already unchecked, so just for a test I checked it. It seemed to work better, thought that fixed it, made several changes, then it did it again.

One thing I notice - when I put the mouse arrow over an icon and it is going to work, the mouse arrow just looks like the mouse pointer. When it is going to go to desktop, I can see what looks like a line/text cursor on the mouse pointer. FWIW
Try Disable/quit any pertinant backround programs running. Shot in the dark i know, but media players and the like even Java can mess up games.
mobucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-11, 03:07 PM   #3439
chrysanthos
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 488

i need some help:/ in many missions there is heavy fog and my watch crew cant spot anything not even in 500 metres....how can i reduce it? thanks....
chrysanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-11, 11:58 PM   #3440
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Truk

I have the most recent version of TMO. I have a few mods with it, but not RSRDC. At Truk I did not see the two channels into the lagoon. Did my mods over write Truk, or do I have to download the Truk lagoon mod?
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-11, 05:51 PM   #3441
sparrs
A-ganger

Downloads: 51
Default No Jap aircraft and SD radar not working...help!

Greetings!

I seem to have a problem. I have installed the latest version of TMO, the TMO patch, RSRD, the RSRD patch and a radio station mod. This is all I have and they are installed in the order I describe.

However, I have noticed (up to June 42 in a Salmon class boat, coming from a S-type boat) that I have not had one incident of seeing any aircraft at all. Also, the SD radar seems not to work either. I can raise the antennae but it doesn't move and I see no options in the radar navigation to use it.

This is a clean install, using win7, latest version (I have the gold edition), and it is really hampering my enjoyment of this game. I really dont want to start a new campaign; it was my intention to complete this campaign (playing on iron man mode...) but so far - there is no air activity.

I thought I would post this in the RSRD thread rather than TMO. Perhaps I should post it there too.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
sparrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-11, 07:23 PM   #3442
USS Drum
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrs View Post
Greetings!

I seem to have a problem. I have installed the latest version of TMO, the TMO patch, RSRD, the RSRD patch and a radio station mod. This is all I have and they are installed in the order I describe.

However, I have noticed (up to June 42 in a Salmon class boat, coming from a S-type boat) that I have not had one incident of seeing any aircraft at all. Also, the SD radar seems not to work either. I can raise the antennae but it doesn't move and I see no options in the radar navigation to use it.

This is a clean install, using win7, latest version (I have the gold edition), and it is really hampering my enjoyment of this game. I really dont want to start a new campaign; it was my intention to complete this campaign (playing on iron man mode...) but so far - there is no air activity.

I thought I would post this in the RSRD thread rather than TMO. Perhaps I should post it there too.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
The airplanes well your just lucky and the SD radar can not be use by you. The thing that is supposed to spin is for when you get SJ radar.
USS Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-11, 05:29 PM   #3443
sparrs
A-ganger

Hi
Thanks for that, as soon as I mentioned it, I experienced air patrols off the coast of Manila.

Another question. I was offered an upgrade from a Salmon class to a Tambor class, I accepted this, and maybe two patrols later I had a message after the patrol saying that the Tambor (Trout) had been upgraded (changed to the conning tower etc) but I lost all my deck gun crew? I upgraded my main gun to a 4 50 deckgun, but halfway through the mission I notice that in the crew ledger it was completely blank? Strange - and they were a hand picked gun crew too...

Cheers, great great game.
Old 12-01-11, 06:54 PM   #3444
sparrs
A-ganger

I just re-read the TMO manual - and have read about the deck gun crew bug. I might have done something after my refit, i.e change the type of gun. There was no option to move it to stern though?

Thanks (I'll read more before I ask anymore stupid questions...)
Old 12-01-11, 07:59 PM   #3445
USS Drum
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrs View Post
I just re-read the TMO manual - and have read about the deck gun crew bug. I might have done something after my refit, i.e change the type of gun. There was no option to move it to stern though?

Thanks (I'll read more before I ask anymore stupid questions...)
That's a TMO bug it won't let you change the gun to stern because the late war version of the Tambor has a deck AA gun where the aft deck gun would be so it just has two bow mountings.
Old 12-02-11, 08:41 AM   #3446
mido
Engineer

Downloads: 191
Uploads: 1
Default Pause Button

After I installed TMO version 2.2 my "pause button" (backspace) does not work anymore. According to the manual this hotkey has not changed.

Where is the pause button in TMO?
mido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-11, 09:20 AM   #3447
mido
Engineer

Default Contradicting Info in Manual

The manual says the keyboard shortcuts are laid out as in SH3 but is also says this:
Tab or the mouse wheel brings up the binocular view.
B – calls battle stations
Q – opens tube doors
W – cycles forward tubes
E – cycles aft tubes (emergency surface is located only on the orders bar now)
D – dives the sub to its safety depth.
T – Raise/lower SD radar antenna

What is it really?

In SH3
B is binoculars
Q opens the Torpedo Doors
W closes them
E is emergency surface
D is the same
T is sec flak

Can somebody clarify this?
Old 12-02-11, 09:39 AM   #3448
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

They hotkey layout originally started out as a SH3 layout. Over time through development, some keys were changed to what seemed to be practical. Practicality being based upon, preventing accidental hit of wrong key and/or based on convienance considering how often a command would be used.

For example, hitting B for battle stations is much more efficient then hunting accross the toolbar for the associated button. B for binoculars was unneccessary considering a mouse scroll wheel works just as good, and is more efficient in use anyway.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-11, 10:01 AM   #3449
mido
Engineer

Thanks for your reply but what about the other hotkeys in question, the pause button etc? Is there a up to date keymap available somewhere or is "try and error" method to find out.
How does one "emergency surface"?

Where can one edit the hotkeys? I really want a pause button.

Thanks again

Last edited by mido; 12-02-11 at 10:13 AM.
Old 12-02-11, 10:05 AM   #3450
USS Drum
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mido View Post
Thanks for your reply but what about the other hotkeys in question, the pause button etc? Is there a up to date keymap available somewhere or is "try and error" method to find out.

Where can one edit the hotkeys? I really want a pause button.

Thanks again
There is no pause button you have to do it manually with the time compression.