Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-03-15, 07:22 PM   #331
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
But maybe I just lack fantasy, and am too sober-minded.
Are you saying that it's not a possibility? Or are you saying you don't want it to be a possibility?

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-15, 07:28 PM   #332
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Should we not let the FBI do their job and see what conclusion they come to ?

It's not the first time this has happened. It has happened even here in Denmark and Sweden, where a male person has, after been thrown out from a party, returned with some type of weapons and attacked those who was at the party and manage to kill and/or wound people.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-15, 07:35 PM   #333
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Should we not let the FBI do their job and see what conclusion they come to ?

It's not the first time this has happened. It has happened even here in Denmark and Sweden, where a male person has, after been thrown out from a party, returned with some type of weapons and attacked those who was at the party and manage to kill and/or wound people.

Markus
But how many times did his wife return with him to help? Not just instigating but a full participant in both the crime and the gunfight later during their attempted escape. I agree with you about letting the FBI do their job before making any judgements.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-15, 08:31 PM   #334
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

I gotta admit, it's kinda fun to watch the bamster's admin avoid using the"T" word.

It's work place violence...
It's road rage...
It's a customer service problem...

Who cares, what difference does it make?

Can I get a wut! wut! for president Comacho!

You realize, President Comacho can't call it terrorism, because that means he'd have to call Putin to come and take care of it. It would be kinda awkward for Russian warplanes to be bombing terror camps in Cali.
Old 12-03-15, 08:51 PM   #335
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

I live in Los Angeles, which is adjacent to San Bernardino, and the major news networks and local stations are all headquartered out of LA, so we have been getting 24/7 news on the incident since it happened, in real time. This includes live news conferences and updates held by the local, state and federal officials. A few of the details of the incident seem to add up to a possible "hybrid" situation unfolding:

1. There is no doubt the couple were involved in some sort of terrorist activities and may have been the nexus of a greater plot;

2. The amount of munitions found at the suspected home of the couple indicate a much larger plot was in play (I say suspected home since the authorities, as recently as less than an hour ago, have been unable to confirm the couple actually lived in the home, in spite of their names being on the rental agreement);

3. Prior to the shootings, neighbors had observed a sizable number of ME males coming and going to and from the home;

4. The authorities went directly to the home following a tip from a co-worker who had observed the male suspect behaving strangely at the target facility and called the authorities out of concern;

5. Due to the tip, the authorities actually arrived at the home before the couple and, when the couple saw the authorities on scene, they fled prompting the chase and shootout;

6. A large number of electronic devices were found at the home: PCs, laptops, cellphones, etc., all apparently fully functional and and holding their current data in memories;

Given the above this is my supposition of what it all means: The couple were, if not the instigators, active members of a larger plot, one that may not have included an attack on the Resource Center as part of the full plot. According to local reports, the male suspect was known to be a rather hot-headed; it is possible he may have had personal grudges against his employers and co-workers. Something, words or events, may have triggered his rage and he went back to the home, armed himself and his wife, and returned to Center and carried out the massacre, not as part of a plot, by as a personal action. After the attack, he must have realized he had made a huge tactical error as related to a larger plot and tried to hurry home to destroy whatever evidence he had left behind at the home. Fortunately, the authorities got there first and, seeing the police presence at the home, fled, only to be cornered and killed in the shootout. The very fact that so much evidence was left behind at the home tells us the Center attack was not the target of the terror plot. The SOP of organized terror cells is to destroy and dispose of all evidence, physical and electronic, that would give authorities clues as to who they worked for, who may have been involved in a plot and the locations of those individuals. The couple did not do this simple, fundamental, Terror 101 action. I think the male went off half-cocked on a personal vendetta and, in the process, completely compromised the larger plot. I do believe the FBI, Homeland, any any other concerned agencies are goin to have a field day with the data they will collect from the devices left behind. It is entirely possible the co-plotters will be found because one of their own allowed his hot-headed pride to get the better of him. So, basically, what you have is a hybrid: it was an act of terror, it was not the intended act of terror...

<O>
Old 12-03-15, 08:58 PM   #336
August
Wayfaring Stranger

What happened to the third shooter reported at the scene? Last night they had somebody in custody but today I couldn't find any mention of it.

Old 12-03-15, 09:08 PM   #337
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Haven't heard anything more about him either August!

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-15, 09:10 PM   #338
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Yeah, hopefully they got some good info from the house. They need to break all this stuff up, before it gets worse.

The info about the neighbor's observations, man that's a tough call. I had neighbor's about 9 years ago that were dealing in stolen goods. Beat up, out of state, vans in front of their house. It's easy to make the call after the fact. Paging captain hindsight...

Old 12-03-15, 10:02 PM   #339
eddie
Ocean Warrior

The guy that was detained by Police has been released, and is not a suspect in this shooting spree

About the third person who was detained

A man was seen running from the gun battle on East San Bernardino Avenue on Wednesday and was detained. Police later determined that the man was not a suspect.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...htmlstory.html

Al Capone
Old 12-03-15, 10:15 PM   #340
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Ah thanks So the eye witness reports of three attackers was wrong too?

Old 12-03-15, 10:31 PM   #341
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Having just finished a book about Pearl Harbor, I don't put a lot of faith into eye witness reports.
Old 12-04-15, 04:43 AM   #342
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
More then likely.

Al Capone
Old 12-04-15, 10:55 AM   #343
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

It looks like the pair left a six-month-old baby with the grandmother beforehand.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-15, 01:27 PM   #344
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Hope some can provide me with confirmations about what I'm about to write

A friend had posted a video showing Russian Bomber plane bombing A Daesh what looks like a refinery and some cistern

And with words these has been untouched until now.

That made me confused-Have our own politicians let Daesh have these oil refinery all these time

USA/NATO etc have been bombing Daesh for a long time before Russia entered the party and targets like those are or should be what I would call top priority targets.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-15, 01:31 PM   #345
Betonov
Navy Seal

Downloads: 26

This is a good comic about the problem with Islam, but it's long and contains a few F-words so I'll put it in a spoiler bracket for those with bad bandwith.

Betonov is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
terrorism