SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-27-10, 06:18 PM   #3361
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
v3.1.2 released. This is a bugfix for v3.1.0. See post #1 for details
Hi TDW just uploaded my version of the stadimeter fix, if you want to have a look at it. If theres anything in it of use to you feel free .
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-10, 06:51 PM   #3362
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thSeal View Post
Now this I'm interested in seeing, you do have to make it dled able though....

How's this:

DL: http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/...H5/Reaper7.png

And the Original Artwork I Used.

Old 06-27-10, 07:00 PM   #3363
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
I just made it. If you want it for a Tower Emblem, I can redo it as TGA. I really made it for TDW. Was wondering if TheDarkwraith would want it for his Signature...

Should the Clock start automatically as soon as you fire a Torepedo?

Speaking of the clock. I made a new chrono.dds if you want to put it in the NewUIs_TDC builds. Have 3 versions, Normal Size and Mini.
Send me the clocks, I'll look them over

v3.1.2 adds a new user option for the clock to start automatically when a torp is fired

Got any pictures of the wraiths from The Lord of The Rings trilogy? I need a custom avatar and need to make a sig. My avatar name comes from the aforementioned Wraiths
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-10, 07:20 PM   #3364
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Got any pictures of the wraiths from The Lord of The Rings trilogy? I need a custom avatar and need to make a sig. My avatar name comes from the aforementioned Wraiths
Here's one I made for you TDW.

DL: http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...RINGWRAITH.png
Old 06-28-10, 12:40 PM   #3365
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antar
Precision?
If the target is in long range that the error of measurement is higher than closer. Second thing: the first measurement of AoB is wrong, real angle is near 24° - this is the main reason why the value of speed is too small.
How are you able to tell the initial AOB so well? I have a very hard time judging that
It is hard without map update contact.
At you video you should use a protractor from map tools:

... or use SH4 method do determinate AoB and speed by two range measuremets ...

PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-10, 01:01 PM   #3366
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antar View Post
... or use SH4 method do determinate AoB and speed by two range measuremets ...
You've given me a great idea here. I should have the navigator or WEPS output a line to the messagebox denoting contact's AOB (and possibly course) after two range readings have been taken and each subsequent range reading thereafter.....this can help alleviate the AOB error like I have when trying to guess the contact's initial AOB

I've also started working on the AI.....time to take my scripting skills and 'beef up' the AI to make them more intelligent and more random. I'm tired of the AI being predictable - I want unpredictable (randomness)
Old 06-28-10, 01:10 PM   #3367
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
You've given me a great idea here. I should have the navigator or WEPS output a line to the messagebox denoting contact's AOB (and possibly course) after two range readings have been taken and each subsequent range reading thereafter.....this can help alleviate the AOB error like I have when trying to guess the contact's initial AOB

I've also started working on the AI.....time to take my scripting skills and 'beef up' the AI to make them more intelligent and more random. I'm tired of the AI being predictable - I want unpredictable (randomness)
Thats great news on the AI TDW, it needs a massive overhaul.
Do you like the avatar I made you . AI firing a Starshell when dark and they know there's a threat would be a good place to start .
Old 06-28-10, 01:15 PM   #3368
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Thats great news on the AI TDW, it needs a massive overhaul.
Do you like the avatar I made you . AI firing a Starshell when dark and they know there's a threat would be a good place to start .
sorry haven't downloaded the avatar yet. I'll download it when I get home tonight
Sounds like a great place to start with the Starshell. I'll work on it first
Old 06-28-10, 01:43 PM   #3369
raymond6751
Admirable Mike

Downloads: 421
Default Oh yeah - do it do it do it.

Quote:

You are on a roll, man. Follow your dream!
Old 06-28-10, 01:50 PM   #3370
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
sorry haven't downloaded the avatar yet. I'll download it when I get home tonight
Sounds like a great place to start with the Starshell. I'll work on it first
Excellent.

If you want to keep the Avatar and want any changes like Text etc let me know.
I can change it easy enough.
Old 06-28-10, 02:03 PM   #3371
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91

Quote:
The two range measurements is better method than single measurement and AoB, because by two measurements you can calculate real AoB and speed - this method is implemented in SH4 and is more precisious than SH3...
Of course you can take a mistake with range...

Did I send you SH4's AoB and speed formulas?

Look, I think that the good idea to implementation this method is this way:
1) Take a distance from target, set the AoB and speed like classical SH3...
2) If you do not reset TDC, first range is still in memory (what about big waves and unlock the target by flodded/hide periscope?)
3) Take second time a new distance...
4) If the SH4's AoB or speed do not equal first AoB and speed measurement with 20% error...
5) After "calculation time" (30 sec?) you have a comment in log:
6) "Sir, in my opinion the correct AoB is XXX" and "Sir, for me the real speed of target is XXX"

What do you think?

PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-10, 02:13 PM   #3372
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antar View Post
The two range measurements is better method than single measurement and AoB, because by two measurements you can calculate real AoB and speed - this method is implemented in SH4 and is more precisious than SH3...
Of course you can take a mistake with range...

Did I send you SH4's AoB and speed formulas?

Look, I think that the good idea to implementation this method is this way:
1) Take a distance from target, set the AoB and speed like classical SH3...
2) If you do not reset TDC, first range is still in memory (what about big waves and unlock the target by flodded/hide periscope?)
3) Take second time a new distance...
4) If the SH4's AoB or speed do not equal first AoB and speed measurement with 20% error...
5) After "calculation time" (30 sec?) you have a comment in log:
6) "Sir, in my opinion the correct AoB is XXX" and "Sir, for me the real speed of target is XXX"

What do you think?
I like it Makes it look like the crew member (WEPS or Navigator) is actively participating.....I should be able to pull this off.....

2) is not a concern because I can 'store' information with the contact. That's how the contact spotted gets it's information. All that contact spotted info is stored with each contact.

If you would, resend the SH4 speed and AOB formulas please.
Old 06-28-10, 05:10 PM   #3373
longam
Admiral

Downloads: 26

Go man go..... Doing great on fixing what need to be fixed....

Last edited by longam; 06-28-10 at 05:36 PM.
longam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-10, 08:47 PM   #3374
BowfinSS287
Planesman

Downloads: 223

thanks for your help TheDarkWraith ,i have your new version
installed and its fantastic....now its time to sink some tonnage
BowfinSS287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-10, 08:05 PM   #3375
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

working on v3.2.0. Antar has been helping me with some formulas for calculating AOB and speed from range readings. This version will have a new user option (NavigatorAssistAOBSpeedCalcs) that when enabled will have the navigator calculate the AOB, speed, and avg speed from range readings taken on a contact. When you have taken a second range reading and then each subsequent range reading will have the navigator calculating these values. There is a delay from when the navigator says he's calculating the values to when the values show up in the messagebox (it takes him some time to do the calculations and plot it ). If you select a new contact and use the stadimeter then the old contact's avg speed value is cleared. This allows you to 'redo' the avg speed for contacts with it.
I'm horrible at guessing a contact's starting AOB. With this navigator assist all you have to do is take two range readings (with some time inbetween them) and then you have the starting AOB to plug into the AOB TDC dial . Each range reading from them on you can use to verify the AOB on the AOB TDC dial.
The SH3 style speed estimator now outputs avg speed for the contact also in the messagebox. Selecting a new contact and asking for the SH3 style speed estimator on the new contact will cause the old contact's avg speed to be cleared. This allows you to 'redo' the avg speed for contacts with it.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui