SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-28-14, 12:10 PM   #3331
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123
Uploads: 0

No I did not fall for the folder in a folder situation.

I checked the mod out in the mods folder and I have a Folder and Data Folder which should be correct.

For some reason as I said it does not want to show itself in the game which is frustrating.
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-14, 12:39 PM   #3332
ironcold
Seaman

Downloads: 303

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Started a new campaign with the current mod list . New campaign , not in port save or anything else , a new campaign . Left memel and sunk 2 cargo ships . Seen numerous AI subs plus a german task force . Polish DDs getting hammered by German Luftwaffe . Returned to Kiel . Left Kiel for the Scapa raid and sunk a Capital ship . Left Scapa for the British eastern Coast . Not a single CTD . I had tons of CTDs on my last career but that was because I mucked around with mods and continued my career without starting a new career . Start a new career if you are getting ctds , as painful as it is .
Oh no ! Never leaving the English Eastcoast.
ironcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-14, 01:03 PM   #3333
chemist92
Watch

Downloads: 283
Default Easy question

what mods need to uninstall if i use your mod list but changing dynamic environment to real environment?

Thank you
chemist92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-14, 08:08 PM   #3334
cigarswimmer
Watch

Downloads: 82

Hi all,
I was away from computer and SH5 from a long time, I'm back and happy to see what the subsim's community has made of sh5.
I hope to play the game with this mega mod soon.
Congrats to sober and all participating moders.
cigarswimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-14, 08:18 PM   #3335
Mash
Sailor man

Downloads: 44
Default A few questions

First off all, fantastic mod and great work. Thank you!!

I am getting back to SH5 after a few years. I just downloaded all of the files and I think I did most of the steps correctly. Here are a few questions.

- how can I learn what are all of the icons on top of the screen and how to use them?
- how can I reduce the overall brightness of the graphics? I have the gamma setting in the middle, but everything is just super bright and glowing almost. If I turn the gamma down, it becomes too dark at night.

Thanks.
Mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-14, 08:40 PM   #3336
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome back

Cigarswimmer! & Mash!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-14, 02:55 AM   #3337
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mash View Post
First off all, fantastic mod and great work. Thank you!!

I am getting back to SH5 after a few years. I just downloaded all of the files and I think I did most of the steps correctly. Here are a few questions.

- how can I learn what are all of the icons on top of the screen and how to use them?
- how can I reduce the overall brightness of the graphics? I have the gamma setting in the middle, but everything is just super bright and glowing almost. If I turn the gamma down, it becomes too dark at night.

Thanks.
You mean too dark at night like a real night
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-14, 03:54 AM   #3338
andacio
Watch

Downloads: 79

Is there any way that I can load a previsious save of the game , because I have no rudder transmission and I am stocked in the middle of the British Coast and I have no ideea what can I do . I can not turn my uboat.
Do I have to restart the whole campaign from the first mission ? What can I do?
andacio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-14, 04:04 AM   #3339
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by andacio View Post
Is there any way that I can load a previsious save of the game , because I have no rudder transmission and I am stocked in the middle of the British Coast and I have no ideea what can I do . I can not turn my uboat.
Do I have to restart the whole campaign from the first mission ? What can I do?
Defeats the purpose of the dead is dead mod . But yes unenable the dead is dead mod . Load a previous save . Save again then re enable the dead is dead mod .
Old 03-29-14, 04:52 AM   #3340
Dielos
Watch

Downloads: 53

Mhhh... I have a question about this issue right above me. Is it actually possible to turn the boat by engaging just one engine forward, and the other one on reverse? With TDW's patch, you can control engines separate.

This is possible in real life, but I'm not sure if possible in game...
Dielos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-14, 06:27 AM   #3341
andacio
Watch

Downloads: 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Defeats the purpose of the dead is dead mod . But yes unenable the dead is dead mod . Load a previous save . Save again then re enable the dead is dead mod .
Thank you verry much ! I want to thank you and all the others for all this work that you have done here and you must know that we all apreciate what you are doing .
Also , thanks for the patience that you have with all the new players like me . I understand the purpose of every one of your mods ,and that is to make the game more realistically, but sometimes it is hard and overwelming for someone that has no ideea about this game . In time , when I will learn to play like a pro ( I don t know when that will be) I will look back and laugh about all this stupid questions that I have asked on the forum , but we have a long way until there and are going to be more and more questions like this one !
So , keep up the good work !!
andacio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-14, 11:12 AM   #3342
Mash
Sailor man

Downloads: 44

Have a few questions..

1. Does it make a difference to the enemy if the radio range is set to max? Not sure how this is simulated in the game?

2. Not sure what Item Notes and Player Guidance icons do?

3. How to enable message log on bottom of screen. I have had it disappear a few time after a continuing campaign?

4. Finally, I installed the game in English but the ship contacts are in given in German and everything else in English. Is this a bug?

Thank you.
Mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-14, 11:17 AM   #3343
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by andacio View Post
... I will look back and laugh about all this stupid questions that I have asked on the forum , but we have a long way until there and are going to be more and more questions like this one!
There are NO stupid questions!

We're all here to assist each other
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-14, 11:28 AM   #3344
Dwail
Sailor man

Downloads: 196

Sober can you put links for previous version of your great mod: Realistic Underwater FX). I was playing with v2, but after to install all you Megamod list, with V8: This version doesnt work for me. When i see across periscope underwater, i see all black. I only can see with periscope at surface.

Thx in advance!.
Dwail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-14, 03:46 PM   #3345
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwail View Post
Sober can you put links for previous version of your great mod: Realistic Underwater FX). I was playing with v2, but after to install all you Megamod list, with V8: This version doesnt work for me. When i see across periscope underwater, i see all black. I only can see with periscope at surface.

Thx in advance!.
I don't have it . What submarine can see underwater with periscopes ?