SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-20-14, 05:24 PM   #3316
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Works now The game just got 100X better with the latest RPM inertia patch .
It does add a certain amount of realism to it now

I just found where the code iterates over all the player's unit's damageable items I now know how to get the current damage of each item (and thus how to set it to a higher value if I want - think random failures ). When I say all the sub's damageable items I mean crew, systems, parts, weapons, etc. There are 76 damageable items defined for the sub I'm currently using in game.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-14, 05:42 PM   #3317
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 155
Uploads: 0

"Better watch where you do not go, because where were going, we will know what it is when we get there, and anyway, it will never be only water."

Proverbe Shadok
BIGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-14, 05:48 PM   #3318
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Why wasn't there a damage bar for each of the crew in the vanilla game ! Maybe some day you could add some ?
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-14, 11:32 PM   #3319
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Why wasn't there a damage bar for each of the crew in the vanilla game ! Maybe some day you could add some ?
Possible but why? You can get that information from the crew window

After finding the mecca of how the game does damages I tracked down how it repairs those damages. Longer repair times patch anyone I found the function that takes care of repairing the damage and tomorrow I'll decode it to see how it's calculating how much damage to repair and over what time span.
Old 08-22-14, 12:42 PM   #3320
moha14881
Loader

Downloads: 264

How to change the tool helper??? The stock has confused me???
moha14881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-14, 09:13 PM   #3321
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by moha14881 View Post
How to change the tool helper??? The stock has confused me???
Don't understand the question

Let's talk about how the player's crew repairs damage. For one, it's severely lacking and oversimplified Quite frankly, it sucks big time It needs a major overhaul

Every 7.373 seconds the repair damage timer fires. Remember this number. The game then iterates through all the compartments defined in ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc file. Each compartment then iterates through all of the equipment, crew, weapons, etc. contained in them. If the game finds that an item has damage (damage > 0.0 - damage is 0-1.0 value) it then calculates the efficiency multiplier (most of the time it's 1.0 - could be less but never seen it more than 1.0) and multiplies the efficiency multiplier by the 7.373 number (this is the timer fire value). That result is then divided by 3600 (3600 seconds to an hour). That result is then subtracted from the current damage to the item resulting in it's new damage value (less than before). That's it Are you serious? That's the best the devs could do for crew repairing damage to items????

Realize that every 7.373 the crew tries to repair EVERYTHING that is found to be damaged. That is not even close to being anything near realistic. I would expect something like this for a Nintendo DS or something similar but for a game marketed as a simulator? I'm about to have a fit of rage!

Ok, we see what crap we were dealt now let's talk about how we are going to fix it I have a couple of ideas but let's see what you all have for ideas.
Old 08-23-14, 02:53 AM   #3322
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Don't understand the question

Let's talk about how the player's crew repairs damage. For one, it's severely lacking and oversimplified Quite frankly, it sucks big time It needs a major overhaul

Every 7.373 seconds the repair damage timer fires. Remember this number. The game then iterates through all the compartments defined in ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc file. Each compartment then iterates through all of the equipment, crew, weapons, etc. contained in them. If the game finds that an item has damage (damage > 0.0 - damage is 0-1.0 value) it then calculates the efficiency multiplier (most of the time it's 1.0 - could be less but never seen it more than 1.0) and multiplies the efficiency multiplier by the 7.373 number (this is the timer fire value). That result is then divided by 3600 (3600 seconds to an hour). That result is then subtracted from the current damage to the item resulting in it's new damage value (less than before). That's it Are you serious? That's the best the devs could do for crew repairing damage to items????

Realize that every 7.373 the crew tries to repair EVERYTHING that is found to be damaged. That is not even close to being anything near realistic. I would expect something like this for a Nintendo DS or something similar but for a game marketed as a simulator? I'm about to have a fit of rage!

Ok, we see what crap we were dealt now let's talk about how we are going to fix it I have a couple of ideas but let's see what you all have for ideas.
vdr1981 would be one person for ideas . I will think about some damage ideas in the next few days . Guns not firing , torpedoes not firing etc .
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=207093
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-14, 11:42 AM   #3323
Balu0
A-ganger

Downloads: 151

Hi, probably stupid question, but what do I do here : (RPM Inertia)
"
; +0x0 = RPM multiplier for Warship units (0.1)
; +0x4 = RPM multiplier for Merchant units (0.05)
; +0x8 = RPM multiplier for Sub units (0.05)
; +0xC = RPM multiplier for Air units (1.0)
Code6=0x60,CDCCCC3DCDCC4C3DCDCC4C3D0000803F
"

What part of the Code6 line should I edit ?

A friendly destroyer on collision course with me just went from full ahead to to full back in about 0.1 second... was a bit of an immersion breaker
Balu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-14, 12:19 PM   #3324
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balu0 View Post
Hi, probably stupid question, but what do I do here : (RPM Inertia)
"
; +0x0 = RPM multiplier for Warship units (0.1)
; +0x4 = RPM multiplier for Merchant units (0.05)
; +0x8 = RPM multiplier for Sub units (0.05)
; +0xC = RPM multiplier for Air units (1.0)
Code6=0x60,CDCCCC3DCDCC4C3DCDCC4C3D0000803F
"

What part of the Code6 line should I edit ?

A friendly destroyer on collision course with me just went from full ahead to to full back in about 0.1 second... was a bit of an immersion breaker
Did you have the RPM inertia patch enabled at that time? I hope not
Old 08-23-14, 03:34 PM   #3325
Comvas
Watch

Downloads: 298
Default Decks Awash problem

I notice when I go to deck's awash the SH5 icon shows me under water and the watch officer will not report on the nearest target even when I go up to the bridge myself and see it fully staffed. Also radio messages can't be sent even with the radio antenna up. Flak guns on the tower can't be manned. The exhaust on type VII is not down by the waterline, but high behind just under the flak gun. It appear that SH3 had this correct and that SH5 does not.

I'm using your new UI by TDW and most of the equipment mods, plus your TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_164_0. Is there an easy way to signal SH5 that 7 meters is not truly underwater crippling decks awash?
Comvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-14, 03:48 PM   #3326
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comvas View Post
I notice when I go to deck's awash the SH5 icon shows me under water...
That right there is your problem. You must have a mod enabled that is modifying the sub's .cfg file. If everything is correct then the game should not show the underwater icon when using decks awash. The only thing you shouldn't be able to use when running decks awash is the binoculars.
Old 08-23-14, 04:34 PM   #3327
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

I am getting an error message come up.

I have done a reinstall

Uplay did all the updates ok

I logged in to Uplay ok

Uplay then went to do an update as it sometimes does when you start but before you see the play button.

Error message.

Uplay launcher has stopped working a problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Which of course it does not.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-14, 04:38 PM   #3328
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

I would try going to Add/Remove programs and uninstalling the UCrap launcher. Then I would ensure that no traces of it were left behind in folders or in the registry. Then I would go to Ubis website and download the newest version of their UCrap. Oh it pains me to say anything about that DRM crap
Old 08-23-14, 06:34 PM   #3329
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Thanks TDW

Have you calmed down, don't want you having a seizure.

Where do I download it to?

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-14, 06:53 PM   #3330
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Thanks TDW

Have you calmed down, don't want you having a seizure.

Where do I download it to?

Peter
Just run the installer.

Go to: http://uplay.ubi.com/
Click the download uplay in the upper-right corner
Select the pc version
Run the installer when it asks or save it to your computer if you want

check here also: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...zmux8PeBl7vHTQ

It might be a simple matter of you needing to enable online mode so it can do it's thing. With the way they code things this doesn't surprise me at all.