Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-17, 07:13 AM   #3316
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

All this Trump bashing is hilarious given the fact that no matter what dirt they throw at him the American people still dislike the Democrats more than they do Trump and they can't fix it.

Quote:
Since early June, when voters in Georgia’s sixth congressional district rubbed yet more salt in their 2016 election wounds, Democratic pols and sages have been pondering why, as Ohio congressman Tim Ryan put it, “our brand is worse than Trump.” That’s a low bar, given the president’s nearly subterranean approval ratings, but so far the Blue party has mostly been turning to an inside-the-box set of policy and political memes: jobs programs, talk of a mutiny against House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, and better marketing—or, in Ryan’s words, “branding”—of the Democratic message.

What’s missing from this list is the most important—and most challenging—item of all: solving the liberal “deplorable” problem. The white working class that hoisted Donald Trump to an unexpected victory may not always admire the man, but they know that he doesn’t hate “people like me,” in the pollsters’ common formulation. And they have good reason to think that Democrats, particularly coastal and media types, do hate them: consider Frank Rich’s snide and oft-cited article, “No Sympathy for the Hillbilly.” It’s possible that white working-class voters would back a party filled with people who see them as racists and misogynists, with bad values and worse taste, because they all want to raise taxes on Goldman Sachs executives, but it seems a risky bet.

https://www.city-journal.org/html/ca...les-15313.html

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online  
Old 07-11-17, 07:21 AM   #3317
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

more emotional butthurt and drama.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online  
Old 07-11-17, 08:33 AM   #3318
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
All this Trump bashing is hilarious given the fact that no matter what dirt they throw at him the American people still dislike the Democrats more than they do Trump and they can't fix it.
Yea! August is back from the G20 conference in Germany

How did it go August? It's good to have both sides on here for sure.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 07-11-17, 08:59 AM   #3319
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Yea! August is back from the G20 conference in Germany

How did it go August? It's good to have both sides on here for sure.
Oh yeah gotta represent, or is that testify.

August is online  
Old 07-11-17, 03:46 PM   #3320
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
more emotional butthurt and drama.
No kidding. They won the election and they are still whining.
Old 07-11-17, 06:05 PM   #3321
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

I am sure we are all reading about Donny Jr's E-mails with Russia.

Let's assume what what is being reported is true

Let's, for a moment ignore the failure to report/lying as that is a different issue.

Was Jr, communicating with Russian nationals, in this context, in violation of a federal law?

I don't care if we did not like it, or if it was a poor decision. I just want to know if there was anything illegal about what he did.

I can't find any federal statutes that address this (other than the concealment and lying). None of the news media is citing any actual laws that Jr might have broken.

Which raises the question that if what he did was not illegal, why did he conceal it?

Whether his contact was legal or illegal is a pretty important issue. And if what he did was illegal, then an actual federal law should be cited.
Old 07-11-17, 06:53 PM   #3322
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Solid proof of collusion with the Russian Government:

August is online  
Old 07-11-17, 07:57 PM   #3323
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
No kidding. They won the election and they are still whining.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 07-11-17, 11:03 PM   #3324
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
I am sure we are all reading about Donny Jr's E-mails with Russia.

Let's assume what what is being reported is true

Let's, for a moment ignore the failure to report/lying as that is a different issue.

Was Jr, communicating with Russian nationals, in this context, in violation of a federal law?

I don't care if we did not like it, or if it was a poor decision. I just want to know if there was anything illegal about what he did.

I can't find any federal statutes that address this (other than the concealment and lying). None of the news media is citing any actual laws that Jr might have broken.

Which raises the question that if what he did was not illegal, why did he conceal it?

Whether his contact was legal or illegal is a pretty important issue. And if what he did was illegal, then an actual federal law should be cited.
As a private citizen, Trump Jr. is under no obligation to report foreign contacts. If he truly was "negotiating" with a foreign government, you might charge him under the Logan Act. That's a long shot though, the law is 218 years old and only 1 person has ever been indicted (1803), and the charges were dropped. Besides that, there is some feeling that the law is so vague that it might not be constitutional as it is currently written.
Old 07-12-17, 01:35 AM   #3325
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Some views:

Trump administration: There's no evidence of collusion. 12 legal experts: Yes, there is. --

https://www.vox.com/2017/7/11/159522...-2016-election

What Donald Trump Jr. did was wrong and maybe illegal. But it wasn’t treason. --

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-jr-treason-no

These are the laws Donald Trump Jr. might have broken --

https://news.vice.com/story/these-ar...ht-have-broken

A bit of humor about Trump's preparedness for and 'stellar' performance at last week's G20 meeting :

<O>
Old 07-12-17, 02:47 AM   #3326
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Regarding Trump Jr. releasing the content of his emails as an act of "transparency", it seems he was 'transparent' only because it was 'apparent' the New York Times had obtained the text of the emails and was about to publish the texts; in fact, the Times actually contacted Junior, told him about the imminent disclosures and asked him for a comment on the texts:

Donald Trump Jr. purposefully scooped the New York Times by publishing his own Russia bombshell emails --

http://www.businessinsider.com/donal...s-email-2017-7

New York Times story triggered the release of Trump Jr. emails --

https://news.google.com/news/search/...a?hl=en&ned=us

<O>
Old 07-12-17, 06:16 AM   #3327
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

It should come as no surprise that the accused only reveals what he must. Transparency? I did not believe in that for even just one second.
Old 07-12-17, 08:00 AM   #3328
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Oh no not the dreaded panel of experts!

I always keep in mind the originator of these stories happens to be the NYT. A company struggling hard to keep their readership.

Now for these questions

Quote:
Let's assume what is being reported is true.
THAT right there is the problem. IMO what we are witnessing now is no different than the birther idiots and the other group of idiots who proclaimed the former president ad-Dajjal. You would think accusers could have the common courtesy to present atleast one piece of compelling evidence. But no, instead we are inundated with links to Steven Cobert comedy skits and panels of self proclaimed experts throwing darts. Neither prove anything but are filled with 'might haves' and 'maybes' and too be honest a good laugh all intended to sway opinion.

Quote:
That doesnt make any sense. If what he did is not illegal then what is the concern of concealment? Last time I checked everyone in this country including the President of the U.S. has a reasonable expectation of privacy. Somethings are simply none of our business but there are some who really hate that part of our constitution and love to abuse it. In the name of freedom of the press of course.

I heard it said Jr. was corresponding via email with people who might have some dirt on the competition. What I find amusing is the pooring out of accusations and outrage that anyone would do something like that. Surely it must be illegal maybe even treason! But then we read stories from our own media finding this dirt on Jr.'s search for dirt and the public is tuning in to get dirt on Jr. Doing the same thing they're accusing him of. I think thats called hypocrisy.

Last edited by Rockstar; 07-12-17 at 10:03 AM.
Rockstar is online  
Old 07-12-17, 09:46 AM   #3329
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
..instead we are inundated with links to Steven Cobert comedy skits and panels of self proclaimed experts throwing darts. Neither prove anything but are filled with 'might haves' and 'maybes' intended to sway opinion.
That's all the Democrats have come up with ever since Trump began his campaign. Wait and see how loud the whining will be when he gets reelected.

Quote:
Last time I checked everyone in this country including the President of the U.S. has a reasonable expectation of privacy. Somethings are simply none of our business but there are some who really hate that part of our constitution and love to abuse it. In the name of freedom of the press of course.
C'mon you know that the right to privacy only extends to registered Democrats...

August is online  
Old 07-12-17, 10:06 AM   #3330
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Warning this video contains vulgar language and hate speech.

Rockstar is online  
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter