SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-09, 03:55 PM   #316
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvart
I have compared views (F12) in stock SH3 and in SH3 with GWX-mod (training mission Navigation) and i have not seen any distinctions ...?
Did you enable the 'GWX - 16km Environment' mod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94
olc, i THINK i am getting somewhere thanks to your info. so far i still fighiting with this polygons but i think i am on the right way .there are still there,of course but less,less visible.
have a look :

ps1: yesterday i take a close look at sh4 's water and i think that sh3's water can be better than this
Keep at it.
But don't expect SH4 water.
SH4's water has a much higher polygon count and it uses shaders. No amount of tweaking SH3 is going to be able to match that.
Old 01-04-09, 07:44 PM   #317
Piggy
Ensign

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 0

Hey all, having a blast with GWX3.0, however there is one thing Im not too keen on. The sound of the depth charges from inside the sub, I prefer the sound from GWX2.1 and Im not too crazy about the rattling aspect of the sound when the charges arent even close to the sub.

Also is the sub not rocking from DC's anymore? (perhaps I havent had a close call, but I swear I did last night)... anyway is there a way to change it back to the previous sound? (or does Tompsons sound pack have different ones?)

Couple of other things.

1. Did the water get darker in 3.0? Dont get me wrong, I like it and it allows you to use the external camera without the ability to "cheat" once in a while.

2. When I start a new patrol the news for the month has stayed the same, which is the message you get when you start prior to war breaking out about what to do in certian flotillas etc... Whats weird is this is my second career starting in April of 41 yet Im getting August 39 news? 3 patrols so far with the same news brief.

Happy New Year all and thanks for the christmas present....
Old 01-04-09, 07:57 PM   #318
A Very Super Market
The Old Man

Downloads: 0

Lots of guys from Vancouver here...

I think the whole game has gotten darker, before I could see ships in the night... now its impossible even with external camera "inspection". Then again, it might be to better weather effects.

As for the calendar and info, I only had that problem in 2.1! I think it may be a corrupt something because in 3.0 my calendar is fine.

The entire German garrison of Vanviken, right here in your thread!
Old 01-04-09, 09:38 PM   #319
Piggy
Ensign

Downloads: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Very Super Market
Lots of guys from Vancouver here...

I think the whole game has gotten darker, before I could see ships in the night... now its impossible even with external camera "inspection". Then again, it might be to better weather effects.

As for the calendar and info, I only had that problem in 2.1! I think it may be a corrupt something because in 3.0 my calendar is fine.
Yes Ive noticed there does seem to be alot from Vancouver here, maybe it has something to do with being close to the ocean. :hmm:

I agree the nights have gotten darker, I think its better actually, or more realistic perhaps. I wonder if the AI's visual range has reduced from this?

Funny you should mention "corrupt".... Ever since I downloaded the single big GWX3.0 file (not the packets but the all in one) Ive been battling a nasty trojan. Now, to be fair I did download SH3 Commander and the config files so it could have come from there as well. Anyway, I found a good free anti virus and all is well again.

Now I wonder if this trojan has effected my SH3?

You guys did change the DC's explosion sounds though right?
Old 01-05-09, 03:55 AM   #320
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis
Quote:
I have compared views (F12) in stock SH3 and in SH3 with GWX-mod (training mission Navigation) and i have not seen any distinctions ...?
No ...
This mod is not pleasant to me ... Bad environment (water, sun and so on) ...
This citation (look above) about this mod only? :hmm:
And "GWX 3.0" + "GWX - 16km Atmosphere" pic's:

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...

Last edited by Anvart; 01-05-09 at 03:50 PM.
Old 01-05-09, 04:05 AM   #321
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

[quote=Piggy]
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Very Super Market
You guys did change the DC's explosion sounds though right?
Yeah they did changed the DC's explosion sound. But you can still hear the same sound on torpedo impact and on ship explosions.
Lack of variety.

Old 01-05-09, 08:32 AM   #322
vonLuckner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hello there,

I received an enigma encoded message - is this a mission or just a filling transmission?
A transmission code is given, but not the daily changed code which was given to the ships in a code book.

There are several "SSS"-messages with coordinates in longitude and latitude, I checked one but this points on at city somewhere in france... can't believe that this was a ground force that hit a mine... filling transmission? How could I find these coordinates in SH3?

Cheers,
von Luckner

Old 01-05-09, 08:58 AM   #323
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Many of the messages are simply eye candy to help with game immersion.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 01-05-09, 09:30 AM   #324
owner20071963
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis
Quote:
No ...
This mod is not pleasant to me ... Bad environment (water, sun and so on) ...
This citation (look above) about this mod only? :hmm:
Enabled the 16km Mod with other Online Players,
The mod is not pleasant to our Older Members,
Darker?Yes it is,
In real life at night there are No Lights at sea,
Only Ship lights,
In Real Life the Deeper you go
at sea the Darker water gets,
This mod Makes it so,As real as possible,
Thanks to all the Modders
For Their Hard Work,
This Mod may be Unpleasant to you,
if your sight is not good,
But its A Great Mod Overall.

Old 01-05-09, 12:12 PM   #325
caymanlee
Medic

Downloads: 32
Default that's what I call gifts!

million thanks for GWX team's work
Old 01-05-09, 12:46 PM   #326
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Default A question - SH3 commander

Hello,
first a BIG THANKS (again) for the GWX team for combining those mods into one great package !
I am currently installing SH3 from scratch, only thing i do not get is the SH3 commander installation. I wanted to install SH3 patcheed to 1.4b, then GWX, then SH3 Commander. Only then did i want to turn those mods on via JSGME.
I have somehow difficulties installating SH3 Commander, the GWX manual says to "download some special files if you want to use SH3 Commander", but the link does not show any spcial fiiles to use with it ? Huh ? Maybe i just did not get it, will read again.
Anyway thanks a lot, and greetings,
Catfish
Old 01-05-09, 02:18 PM   #327
meduza
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 40

You can download GWX3 cfg files for SH3Commander here. After you install the latest verson of Commander, run the files and they will be installed. During the installation you'll have to point to the foller where you installed SH3 Commander, if it is not in the default location (C:\Program files\SH3 Commander)

Old 01-05-09, 04:02 PM   #328
spiltnuc
Swabbie

Downloads: 4
Help

I've been trying to download GWX gold but I'm having some trouble. I installed a fresh version of sh3 off of my games dvd and downloadeed the 1.4 patch off of file front. However, when I attempt to install the GWX Gold I get an error message that the setup files are corrupted please install a new copy? Can anyone help? I reinstalled sh3 and the patch from another source but still receive same error msg?
Old 01-05-09, 05:23 PM   #329
Heinz Von Hennig
Sailor man

Downloads: 40

Domo Arigato !!
Old 01-06-09, 12:17 AM   #330
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by meduza
You can download GWX3 cfg files for SH3Commander here. After you install the latest verson of Commander, run the files and they will be installed. During the installation you'll have to point to the foller where you installed SH3 Commander, if it is not in the default location (C:\Program files\SH3 Commander)
Was cheking thegreywolves.com download section, there's a link to SH3 cmd for GWX3 files(http://files.filefront.com/GWX+211+C.../fileinfo.html). But there seems to be redirection to sh3cmdr files for gwx2.1

wtf ?

Nevermind, I've already got the .exe

Last edited by Contact; 01-06-09 at 12:29 AM.

Closed Thread