SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-19-10, 08:00 AM   #3151
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

I have been testing the bug fixes and found that the Chronometer is still not hiding when the rest of the UI hides.
The Compas Rose/Rudder does not restore with the rest of the UI when finished with dialog menu.

In the example below. When the dialog window opens for any Crew Member, the UI hides but not the Chrono.

Haven't tested entering port with the Chrono and Compass Rose/Rudder being displayed as yet.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire

Last edited by TheBeast; 06-19-10 at 08:28 AM.
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-10, 09:27 AM   #3152
VirtualVikingX
Captain

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 0

Whats the music in the instructional video?
VirtualVikingX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-10, 09:44 AM   #3153
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
I have been testing the bug fixes and found that the Chronometer is still not hiding when the rest of the UI hides.
The Compas Rose/Rudder does not restore with the rest of the UI when finished with dialog menu.

In the example below. When the dialog window opens for any Crew Member, the UI hides but not the Chrono.

Haven't tested entering port with the Chrono and Compass Rose/Rudder being displayed as yet.
problems fixed Same with the integrated mod Ottos chalkboard.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-10, 09:48 AM   #3154
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
Following mode on first target working, after switching following mode off and selecting a new target, switching following mode on for the new target, it follows the old target, until TAI map opened (i start the game with minimized TAI in options file).

After switching to external view and back to OBS Scope (others not tested), the XO dialog is missing. It is recoverable using the XO icon, but wont stay or pop up again while locking on a target then. (i start the game without XO icon visible via options file).

fireing solution works fine
TAI/follow target problem fixed.
I need more information about this XO dialog box missing. You have the XO icon not visible so no dialog box should be shown. Are you looking for a different behavior? Are you looking for if XO Icon is disabled and you lock onto target the dialog box should still open?
When you say firing solution works fine, you mean the red buttons and all or ??
Old 06-19-10, 10:17 AM   #3155
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
TAI/follow target problem fixed.
I need more information about this XO dialog box missing. You have the XO icon not visible so no dialog box should be shown. Are you looking for a different behavior? Are you looking for if XO Icon is disabled and you lock onto target the dialog box should still open?
When you say firing solution works fine, you mean the red buttons and all or ??
Hi,

current state / behavior is:

if XO icon is disabled via options file (you have still access to it using upper frame option button, its only for hiding at gamestart), the dialog is still shown after locking on a targat, and closing after unlocking a target, which is fine and needed at current to make use of target ident options and estimating speed using multiple stadimeter distance measures. (at current there is no estimate speed dialog poping using the new buttons, only manual speed inputs possible).

It would be fine to have this estimating speed dialog or action handy using a second button for the speed dial, and a seperate one for poping a dragable recog manual including "finding right id using these questions about bow form and so on"

...made all fireing solutions with this new version incl. new buttons and works fine here, without cheat.

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-10, 10:24 AM   #3156
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Hi,

current state / behavior is:

if XO icon is disabled via options file (you have still access to it using upper frame option button, its only for hiding at gamestart), the dialog is still shown after locking on a targat, and closing after unlocking a target, which is fine and needed at current to make use of target ident options and estimating speed using multiple stadimeter distance measures. (at current there is no estimate speed dialog poping using the new buttons, only manual speed inputs possible).

It would be fine to have this estimating speed dialog or action handy using a second button for the speed dial, and a seperate one for poping a dragable recog manual including "finding right id using these questions about bow form and so on"

...made all fireing solutions with this new version incl. new buttons and works fine here, without cheat.
I've changed how the XO TDC dialog box functions in regards to whether the XO icon is enabled or not. If it's enabled everything is as it was before. If it is disabled then when you lock onto a target the XO Icon and TDC Dialog box appear. If you clear the lock and move the scope out of the target the XO Icon and TDC Dialog box disappear. This way you don't have to continually click on the XO Icon toggle in the top right bar to get the TDC Dialog box to appear when you lock onto a target
Old 06-19-10, 11:18 AM   #3157
LeBabouin
Mate

Downloads: 12

Finaly jumped from 2.50 to 3.0.4. Installed only "NewUIs_TDC_3_0_4_ByTheDarkWraith". Clicking the captain's cap in the right upper corner vertical bar crashes my game, it happens everytime.

Also I wonder what's the picture piece in the right bottom corner everytime I raise the nav map. Clicking the XO to close the dialog box doesn't work, though the tiptool claims "open/close..."

Old 06-19-10, 11:32 AM   #3158
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBabouin View Post
Finaly jumped from 2.50 to 3.0.4. Installed only "NewUIs_TDC_3_0_4_ByTheDarkWraith". Clicking the captain's cap in the right upper corner vertical bar crashes my game, it happens everytime.

Also I wonder what's the picture piece in the right bottom corner everytime I raise the nav map. Clicking the XO to close the dialog box doesn't work, though the tiptool claims "open/close..."
that's the first report of crashing from clicking the captain's log. I'm not sure what could be the problem That's a stock SH5 icon that came with the game. If you disable the mod and load up stock SH5 and you click that same icon does the game crash?

The bottom right corner picture piece is a shipping chart. Mouse over it and then left click and hold to drag it whereever you want it to be.

To close the XO TDC dialog box click on 'never mind'. I haven't found a way to overcome the stock bug of clicking the icon to close the box not working yet.
Old 06-19-10, 12:07 PM   #3159
LeBabouin
Mate

Quote:
that's the first report of crashing from clicking the captain's log. I'm not sure what could be the problem That's a stock SH5 icon that came with the game. If you disable the mod and load up stock SH5 and you click that same icon does the game crash?
O_o yes it does too. I'm sure that didn't happen before. I didn't looked at your code for the ship's journal yet, but does it create a permanent file in the game folders ?

Quote:
The bottom right corner picture piece is a shipping chart. Mouse over it and then left click and hold to drag it whereever you want it to be.
Oh sorry,might have missed the post stating about that.

Quote:
To close the XO TDC dialog box click on 'never mind'. I haven't found a way to overcome the stock bug of clicking the icon to close the box not working yet.
Sorry again, I was sure I have been using it this way. Must have dreamt.
Old 06-19-10, 12:19 PM   #3160
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v3.0.5 released. This is a bugfix version for v3.0.0 that includes all other bug fixes. See post #1 for details.
Old 06-19-10, 01:26 PM   #3161
LeBabouin
Mate

Got that, while doing nothing, in external view. Is the GameWrapper a custom class ?

Last edited by LeBabouin; 06-19-10 at 01:44 PM.
LeBabouin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-10, 02:49 PM   #3162
LeBabouin
Mate

Quote:
[3.0.4] Game crashes too from the click on the ship's journal from the radio man order bar.
Old 06-19-10, 03:06 PM   #3163
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

results of last 3.1.0 test version:

all my reported problems are gone, except some dials (speed and bearing) flipping to different readings when mouse over sometimes.

would it be possible to make all dials dragable, especially the spread angle gauge, i would like to have it left below torp dept area...

...also a goody would be mounting an additional button to the speed gauge to activate function "estimate target speed from stadimeter readings" and an additional option preventing to pop the xo dialog at all, together with an additional button for the recog manual, mounted to the range dial

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-10, 09:22 AM   #3164
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
After switching to external view and back to OBS Scope (others not tested), the XO dialog is missing. It is recoverable using the XO icon, but wont stay or pop up again while locking on a target then. (i start the game without XO icon visible via options file).
it took me awhile to finally figure out what you were trying to convey here. I finally got it You are at the Obs scope and if you have XO icon disabled via togglable icon and you have a target locked (which then makes the XO icon visible and XO TDC dialog box visible), if you external cam out (F2) and then exit external cam (which puts you back to Obs scope) the XO TDC dialog isn't visible nor is the icon. I was able to duplicate that. I have a solution for it and will be available in bugfix v3.0.6 (here soon).
I'll also add a new user option that prevents the XO TDC Dialog box from even popping up at all if you have the XO icon disabled via options file.
Old 06-20-10, 09:26 AM   #3165
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBabouin View Post
[3.0.4] Game crashes too from the click on the ship's journal from the radio man order bar.
clicking the radio man's order category 'Captain's Log' executes the same order that clicking the captain's hat in the top right bar does. So if you're crashing due to the captain's hat one you will also crash using that order category one. That is a stock SH5 item (the command and it's associated page) so it wouldn't be the mod causing the crash. The ship's journal is a new item that I added with the mod that is not related to the captain's log.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui