SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-06-09, 05:35 AM   #301
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Thanks.
Old 06-06-09, 08:20 AM   #302
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Default MkIIc is out!

New in this version:
  • Fixed a minor problem in the LRT mod.
  • Improved the wave graphics. I've increased the "ChoppyWave" value from 0.03 to 0.04, which makes the water look better IMO (slightly more WAC-like). I didn't change this setting until now because I couln't be arsed to test it for adverse effects, but I've now tested various values of this setting and can confirm that it has no impact on sensors. It's impact on "physics" (ship motion/speed/sinking mechanics) is more difficult to determine, but I've noticed no obvious adverse effects even with large changes so I think the small increase from 0.03 to 0.04 is quite safe.
  • The map contact drawings for individual units are now smaller. This makes the map screen less "squashed" when there are individual units within visual range of your sub, but you still have the "benefits" (for want of a better word) of the Realistic Map Contact Updates feature. See the before/after screens below. A small bonus from this change is that small convoys now look different to individual units on the map.
  • Subtle changes to the wave textures and partial cloud texture.
Previous versions:

MkIIc:
Old 06-06-09, 08:25 AM   #303
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0

Default [REQ] Moving the TDC I/O-Switch to the Main Menu [G3F]

(deleted. sorry.)
Old 06-06-09, 08:45 AM   #304
Darkseed
A-ganger

Downloads: 16

Nice, downloading new version now.

Did you alter menu_1024_768.ini and/or dials.cfg in the version change? If so I'll need to redo the wooden stop watch mod.
Darkseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-09, 08:52 AM   #305
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseed View Post
Nice, downloading new version now.

Did you alter menu_1024_768.ini and/or dials.cfg in the version change? If so I'll need to redo the wooden stop watch mod.
Nope, no changes to those files!
Old 06-06-09, 09:17 AM   #306
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Will download this soon

Just a quick note, I tried the naval academy with Vsync enabled and I can say now it runs smooth when flying around with external camera. When Vsync was off, I did experienced a light twitch when flying with external cam.
Old 06-06-09, 10:04 AM   #307
Alex
Dominant Wolf

Downloads: 30

What ?
So there's a new version ?

Downloading !
Old 06-06-09, 06:02 PM   #308
Venatore
Admiral

Downloads: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis View Post
New in this version

This one almost went through to the keeper (Australian slang for almost missing something). From b to c, I didn't even notice the name change

Thank you very much OLC for your hard work in the development of this awesome mod!
Venatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-09, 07:07 PM   #309
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 92

Wow more up-loading to be done
SeaWolf U-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-09, 07:51 PM   #310
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Cheers Ven. Nice to see you around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaWolf U-57 View Post
Wow more up-loading to be done
Thanks!
That should be it for a while.

Last edited by onelifecrisis; 06-06-09 at 08:25 PM.
onelifecrisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-09, 08:51 PM   #311
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis View Post
Cheers Ven. Nice to see you around.

Thanks!
That should be it for a while.
both new versions are up
SeaWolf U-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-09, 08:57 PM   #312
Sea Hawk
Loader

Downloads: 15
Default OLC Gold Bug

Im playing on GWX gold + Commander, manual targeting.

I've loaded the following mods:-

OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ Option 2 ~ Environment and GUI with LRT
OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ Flat Sun Fix
sliderule+aob tools for gui 127

1) The sky is black as ink despite it being day time. The sky arround the ship is normal but just above the masts it goes black. I've tryed options 1 and 2, with and without the flat sunfix. How can I fix this black sky?

2) Ive downloaded the tutorials but I can only listen to the tutorial "origonal OLC GUI Video Tutorial", I cannot see it. Does anyone know where I can download a version that I can watch? (I can see & hear "video tutorial supplement for OLC Gold")

3) What is the differance between the 4 options for OLC Gold? What do EDE, GUI, & LRT stand for? Wjhich choice should I pick? (just found out that EDE is enhanced damage effects)

"engage the enemy more closely"
Admiral Horatio Nelson 21/10/1805 Trafalgar
Sea Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 03:56 AM   #313
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Hi Sea Hawk,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Hawk View Post
Im playing on GWX gold + Commander, manual targeting.

I've loaded the following mods:-

OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ Option 2 ~ Environment and GUI with LRT
OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ Flat Sun Fix
sliderule+aob tools for gui 127
The sliderule+aob tools mod is, as the name suggests, designed for use with OLC GUI 1.2.7 (a much older version of this mod). It is not compatible with OLC 'Gold'.

Quote:
1) The sky is black as ink despite it being day time. The sky arround the ship is normal but just above the masts it goes black. I've tryed options 1 and 2, with and without the flat sunfix. How can I fix this black sky?
It's difficult to tell from your description (a screenshot would help) but it sounds like you may have installed the mod without first rolling back SH3 commander. Always make sure that SH3 Commander is rolled back before installing mods or you can seriously mess up your SH3 installation.

Quote:
2) Ive downloaded the tutorials but I can only listen to the tutorial "origonal OLC GUI Video Tutorial", I cannot see it. Does anyone know where I can download a version that I can watch? (I can see & hear "video tutorial supplement for OLC Gold")
As stated on the video download page (which you should read, now, as it contains important information) you need the divx codecs to watch the videos. Go to www.divx.com.

Quote:
3) What is the differance between the 4 options for OLC Gold? What do EDE, GUI, & LRT stand for? Wjhich choice should I pick? (just found out that EDE is enhanced damage effects)
LRT stands for Longer Repair Times, a mod by nvdrfiter which dramatically changes the damage model for your U-boat. In particular it increases the amount of time it takes to make repairs to arguably more realisitc values.

In general, GUI stands for Graphical User Interface. In this case it's short for OLC GUI. As you can see, all four options include the environment and the GUI, so you just need to decide whether you want EDE or not, and whether you want LRT or not.
Old 06-08-09, 04:51 AM   #314
Sea Hawk
Loader

Downloads: 15

Thanks Onelifecricis

I will try uninsltalling OLC gold then role back SH3 commander, then reinstall tonight when I get home.

The reason I installed "sliderule+aob tools for gui 127" was because I could not find the slide rule and AOB calculator when I had only installed OLC Gold. I could find it after installing "sliderule+aob tools for gui 127".

It might be that I did not know where to click as I have not watched all the tutorial.

At presant I can bring up the AOB calculator by opening the TDC dials at the botom then clicking on the button in the center of this pannel. This center button was not there when I had only installed OLC Gold (but then I had not done the SH3 Commander role back).

I still cannot find the slide rule - I assume that this is the same as on the reverse side of the Wiz Wheel AOB calculator.

"engage the enemy more closely"
Admiral Horatio Nelson 21/10/1805 Trafalgar
Sea Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 05:12 AM   #315
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Thanks Onelifecricis

I will try uninsltalling OLC gold then role back SH3 commander, then reinstall tonight when I get home.

The reason I installed "sliderule+aob tools for gui 127" was because I could not find the slide rule and AOB calculator when I had only installed OLC Gold. I could find it after installing "sliderule+aob tools for gui 127".

It might be that I did not know where to click as I have not watched all the tutorial.

At presant I can bring up the AOB calculator by opening the TDC dials at the botom then clicking on the button in the center of this pannel. This center button was not there when I had only installed OLC Gold (but then I had not done the SH3 Commander role back).

I still cannot find the slide rule - I assume that this is the same as on the reverse side of the Wiz Wheel AOB calculator.
As you guessed, the video tutorial will answer some of your questions. However, there is no slide rule in OLCG2 (unless you want to be clever with the Range/AOB finder); the attack disc in OLCG2 has just one side.

It was explained to me before but I've since forgotten, so please tell me - what do people use the other side of the whizz wheel for?

I've never seen Pisces' 3-bearing AOB finder. I'm sure it's a good tool - Pisces is a very smart chap - but I doubt I'll add it. In OLCG2 I already have all the tools I need.

Maybe someone else will make a version of these tools which is compatible with OLCG2, for those who want them.

Tags
gold, gui, olc, olce2, ubermod