SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-09, 01:59 PM   #3046
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

What's the status of RFB? I haven't seen any updates lately, and the posts in the other forum have also fallen a lot

Also, why has this thread been unstickied?
Old 09-24-09, 05:52 PM   #3047
green_abobo
Sparky

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0
RFB 1.52-estimated torpedo depth variables/free cam ?

ahoy.

just a quick quandry involving the depth at which the MK-14's and MK-10's run at...
through trial and error,it appears the MK-14's seem to run about 10' deeper than they are set to run on the dial. say you were firing at a destroyer and the draft of it was like 12 feet. how would you go about setting the depth if the values on the dial start @ 5' but there are no numeric values lower other than 0 (if the above is true,this would make the 'torps run at 15' actually,you follow what I'm asking? I'm a big fan of magnetic detonators..ever seeking for the critical hit,why waste more torpedoes than you have to,right?)

is this something that changes depending on the year (like the detonator settings change from impact/magnetic to strictly impact only,and the distance in which they arm changes as well) or is this the same throughout the war.

Does it matter which tube(s) you fire from? obviously tubes that are above the lower ones would defaulty fire shallower correct? this is not taking the sea state into account. how adversly does this factor into the equation?

What about the Mk-10's? does the above apply to these as well?

one more thing,while I'm at it...
the free cam vertical controls...
you can use shift + home/delete keys to move the free cam up or down rapidly. what key combos do you use to do move the vertical cam slowly? (like ctrl+home/end does in stock)

that's it.thanks in advance.

"fish" on!

Old 09-26-09, 05:52 PM   #3048
Quagmire
Watch Officer

Downloads: 52

I would like to know as well, please. I've been away a while and its a bit of a let down to see this thread off the sticky list. Does anyone have any news?

Also, I know version 2.0 is out there somewhere. Anyone know where to get it?

Thanks!
The day publishers figured out that they could sell flashy first person shooters to teenagers in numbers greater than sand on a beach was the day that quality simulations died. --Col. Tibbets UBI SHIV Forums

I guess they should have made SH4 an open boat where we run around inside and shoot each other a 1000 times. They seem to handle those games with numerous patches. --Longam UBI SHIV Forums

A sad day has dawned...
Old 09-26-09, 06:26 PM   #3049
sergei
Sea Lord

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 29

Page 44 of your RFB manual will let you know when the many defects on your torpedoes will be fixed. Seriously mate, read the RFB manual. It's very well written and has a load of useful info in it.

Using an early war Mk14 you will just have to concede that attacking a shallow draft vessel is very difficult, if not impossible.

It doesn't matter which tube you fire from. The depth keeping mechanism in the torpedo sets its depth relative to the sea surface, not the depth off the tube!
Old 09-26-09, 07:21 PM   #3050
Frederf
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 1

Does RFB actually model several editions of the MK14 as separate torpedo types or is it simply one torpedo type that magically gets better June 10, '43 midnight?
Old 09-26-09, 10:59 PM   #3051
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederf View Post
Does RFB actually model several editions of the MK14 as separate torpedo types or is it simply one torpedo type that magically gets better June 10, '43 midnight?
LukeFF, would be able to clearly explain the setup. I will muddle through. The file that controls the torpedos has been adjusted to give a historical performance in a twofold manner. One being the depth keeping and the other being the faulty exploder that would crush at near 90 degree impact angles to the target. From my own faulty memory I can vaguely remember LukeFF working out the percentage faults for the exploder depending on impact angle. The same with prematures, deep runners and circle runners. After the perfunctory time and dates the issues resolve. Now I do not remember if after that date the torpedos are 100% infallible, I do believe they can still malfunction. You are welcome to come over and do a search at Sub sim central, link below.

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Old 09-27-09, 12:28 PM   #3052
Wilcke
The Old Man

further on the torpedo questions here is the chart from the RFB Manual.

Type Deep Runner Premature Det Duds

Mk.10 Up to 10 ft all the war. None None

Mk.14 Up to 12ft 8/42 Large chance until 6/43 Large chance until 8/43

Mk. 23 Up to 12ft 8/42 Large chance until 6/43 Large chance until 8/43

Mk. 18 No problems
Mk. 27 No problems

the formating is hosed, if you cannot decipher my mess please ask I will clarify. Thank you.

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php

Old 09-27-09, 07:44 PM   #3053
Frederf
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 1

See, the documentation doesn't answer the question.

If it's just a single torpedo type that changes behaviors based on time then you can pick up an old more-faulty MK14 May 1943 and sail around and it magically upgrades to the new model in the middle of the ocean.

If it's multiple torpedo types then nothing magically upgrades mid-patrol, you have to come back to port to load up on the revised torpedo design.

I'd prefer the multiple torpedo types as it's a more realistic and understandable system. If you take a faulty torpedo out to sea it's still faulty even if some magical midnight occurs mid-patrol.
Old 09-28-09, 02:38 PM   #3054
Wilcke
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederf View Post
See, the documentation doesn't answer the question.

If it's just a single torpedo type that changes behaviors based on time then you can pick up an old more-faulty MK14 May 1943 and sail around and it magically upgrades to the new model in the middle of the ocean.

If it's multiple torpedo types then nothing magically upgrades mid-patrol, you have to come back to port to load up on the revised torpedo design.

I'd prefer the multiple torpedo types as it's a more realistic and understandable system. If you take a faulty torpedo out to sea it's still faulty even if some magical midnight occurs mid-patrol.
Nope I do not have the answer. But I do understand your concern. I will try and see if LukeFF is around to answer it for you.

Old 09-28-09, 11:28 PM   #3055
Quagmire
Watch Officer

Downloads: 52

Please forgive me if I am missing something obvious but I still can't find any updates on RFB 2.0. Its been almost an entire year since version 1.52. I hope this mod hasn't died.
Old 09-29-09, 06:55 AM   #3056
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
Please forgive me if I am missing something obvious but I still can't find any updates on RFB 2.0. Its been almost an entire year since version 1.52. I hope this mod hasn't died.

As far as I know, the mod is definitely not dead. If I recall correctly, several pages back in the thread the same question was raised. Luke stated that it would be awhile for the next version to be released. Believe me, I can't wait myself. Patience young Jedi!
Old 09-29-09, 08:01 AM   #3057
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish40 View Post
As far as I know, the mod is definitely not dead. If I recall correctly, several pages back in the thread the same question was raised. Luke stated that it would be awhile for the next version to be released. Believe me, I can't wait myself. Patience young Jedi!
The mod is still going. Luke has RL things he is attending to.
Old 09-29-09, 12:57 PM   #3058
joakim1972
Swabbie

Downloads: 67
Default hello. how to rest current orders ???

hello everyone. well, as the title says. How do I reset the current orders? I mean the little window that pops up when you run around on the map view in thousand times the normal speed. if you encounter anything, a window will come up, ship spotted, and you can chose, engage target, maintain current orders or dive to periscop deep. you can chose a default setting so the window dont pop up. but now I wish to rest this... but I have no clue how and find nothing so far by my searches...

please help...
Old 09-30-09, 07:55 AM   #3059
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Hello and wellcome Joakim,

In SH3 you could hit ESC and the available menu giave you option to "reset orders", I think in SH4 it worked the same.
Old 09-30-09, 09:28 AM   #3060
joakim1972
Swabbie

Downloads: 67

Hello and thank you for your reply. I found this option in my serches, but it doesnt work. When im in patrol and I press esc, I dont see any option to reset orders. I ofcourse also enter any option available then. But nope, I dont see anything....

Im running SH4 + uboat missions + RFB 1.5 + RSRD.

Yes i also recall from SH3 you had this option. But so far in SH4 I havent seen it here in SH4

Is there any file I can edit? Cause this is the second time this happends to me, and it is a little bit tidious to uninstall and reinstall just to get this option reset.. but if there is no other way....

Thanks in advance.
Closed Thread