SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-19-08, 11:30 AM   #286
Reise
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwine

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSolo78
@Redwine

It´s "Itwardian Script"
So sorry, you must to know my english level is too poor... i cant understand this. :p

I think he mean Edwardian script
Font

See here

http://www.linotype.com/634/itcedwar...pt-family.html
Old 08-19-08, 12:31 PM   #287
Redwine
Sea Lord

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reise
Quote:

Quote:
@Redwine

It´s "Itwardian Script"
So sorry, you must to know my english level is too poor... i cant understand this. :p

I think he mean Edwardian script
Font

See here

http://www.linotype.com/634/itcedwar...pt-family.html
Ok ! Thanks ! the type font !

Yes it is "Edwardian Script ITC"

Thanks Reise...
Redwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-08, 07:22 AM   #288
Cheapskate
XO

Downloads: 47

Hi again,Redwine

As mentioned on Diving Duck's Open Hatch thread, here are some further details of the problems I found when testing OH_V2 with WAC3.0.

My test setup was Stock 1.4b + WAC 3.0. No mods were added except for Mush Martin's brilliant MBFL. This reduced single mission loading time for each mission from 6.5 minutes to 29 secs .

Using the Scapa Flow Single Mission, I loaded every submarine type, for each year and checked the screen displays both inside and out. For the internal inspection I used Shift+F2 and 'walked' around everywhere looking for any problems.

In most cases I didn't find any. OH_V2 plus patches worked perfectly.
However, I could not open the VIIC-41 or VIIC-42 files for 1944 and 1945. My computer just locked up.

I was also unable to consistently load the Type XXI for 1943-5. In this case, there was no lock up but I got Microsoft error reports and had to shut down the game.

It seems that these errors are caused by WAC3.0 not showing any late-war radars.
I did check out the OH_V2 patches with NYGM as WAC is loosely based on this. They all loaded correctly and showed the side mounted radars working properly.
However, My version of NYGM has only 4 versions of the Type VIIC towers and WAC3.0 has got 5. So, I guess that is where the problem lies.

Rgds
CSkate

PS. I did report these things, among others. HanSolo says he is aware of some problems and that a patch is planned.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-08, 10:41 AM   #289
Redwine
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate
Hi again,Redwine

As mentioned on Diving Duck's Open Hatch thread, here are some further details of the problems I found when testing OH_V2 with WAC3.0.

My test setup was Stock 1.4b + WAC 3.0. No mods were added except for Mush Martin's brilliant MBFL. This reduced single mission loading time for each mission from 6.5 minutes to 29 secs .
loading times are long, but the fruit is nice !

Quote:
Using the Scapa Flow Single Mission, I loaded every submarine type, for each year and checked the screen displays both inside and out. For the internal inspection I used Shift+F2 and 'walked' around everywhere looking for any problems.

In most cases I didn't find any. OH_V2 plus patches worked perfectly.
Initially, at mission start up... i have not problems, the problems appears afeter some minutes of play, and after use of time compression, and swithch between stations.

At mission start up, the items are not missed.

Diving Duck make a fix for WAC 3.0... and works fine, no more items missed...

Happened to me on a type VIIC 1941.

Te problem goes off in two ways...

1] Using the Diving Duck Open hatch V2 Fix for EAC 3.0 users... (these files contain the new 3D interior for type VII)

2] Installing the Open Hatch V1 files for type VII, (those used by WAC 3.0) but these files contains the old 3D interior for thus sub. Nice interior too, with no yellow interior lights, and a very clear (noon dark) interior illumination...

I think so the missing interior items is caused by the new 3D interior on Type VII intoduced by Open Hatch V2 previous the fix.

Quote:
However, I could not open the VIIC-41 or VIIC-42 files for 1944 and 1945. My computer just locked up.

I was also unable to consistently load the Type XXI for 1943-5. In this case, there was no lock up but I got Microsoft error reports and had to shut down the game.
I will check this... some time, missions made/builded with older versions dont loads up.

Quote:
It seems that these errors are caused by WAC3.0 not showing any late-war radars.

I did check out the OH_V2 patches with NYGM as WAC is loosely based on this. They all loaded correctly and showed the side mounted radars working properly.

However, My version of NYGM has only 4 versions of the Type VIIC towers and WAC3.0 has got 5. So, I guess that is where the problem lies.

Rgds
CSkate
I was planning to add some thing from NYGM, the ship sinking model, but not installed any thing yet.

May be i will have troubles on this...

Quote:
PS. I did report these things, among others. HanSolo says he is aware of some problems and that a patch is planned.
Yes i read a fix is incoming to solve some of this samll problems.

Many thanks for your info...
Old 08-20-08, 11:58 AM   #290
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 3

Quote:

Fix available!
Old 08-20-08, 08:29 PM   #291
Redwine
Sea Lord

Quote:
Quote:

Fix available!
Many thanks Han !

Downloaded and installed, all seems to be fine except for an strange issue, my sub is literally blasted by any near exploding ship... and not so near, iwas blasted and killed by an BB exploding far than 1km.

I was looking the files, and amorforcemultiplier and fuelforce multiplier and explosion range are same, plus your new .zon files make more strong my sub...

I cant understand... :hmm:
Old 08-21-08, 03:17 AM   #292
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Fix available!
Many thanks Han !

Downloaded and installed, all seems to be fine except for an strange issue, my sub is literally blasted by any near exploding ship... and not so near, iwas blasted and killed by an BB exploding far than 1km.

I was looking the files, and amorforcemultiplier and fuelforce multiplier and explosion range are same, plus your new .zon files make more strong my sub...

I cant understand... :hmm:
Hm.. I can´t expericence this behaviour at my rig!
I testet in naval academy with the deck gun and everything works fine.
If you wanna have a realistic hull damage of your sub... I have uploaded an extra AddOn called "Realistic Hull Damage". Should be fine for you because it makes it a lot of more difficult
Old 08-21-08, 08:18 AM   #293
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

Due to an error I found the Bug Fix is shortly offline!
Old 08-21-08, 10:26 AM   #294
Redwine
Sea Lord

Quote:
Hm.. I can´t expericence this behaviour at my rig!
I testet in naval academy with the deck gun and everything works fine.
If you wanna have a realistic hull damage of your sub... I have uploaded an extra AddOn called "Realistic Hull Damage". Should be fine for you because it makes it a lot of more difficult
Reinstalled the game, and applyied the data folder over it, problem seems to be off, but with your new files i still having problems to open some missions with determined submarine types. :hmm:
Old 08-21-08, 06:41 PM   #295
Registered55
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

just to say I’m one of those people that the game always crashes on me as soon as the Word "initializing" goes away, all i see is this big round Dial bottom right corner, and suddenly game crashes, tried installing 4 times, and each time same thing and same place,

tried different sound drivers and graphic card drivers just in case it was a driver error, but no go,

although stock Silent hunter 3 1.4b works fine and very stable,

tried NYGM 3.0, i get CTD's
tried GWX 2.1 worked ok, but way to hard, to real for me, i like the map updates, and i like the colour coding, yes it's easier, but i find that fun,

i was gonna keep at it with GWX, but then i started reading the notes concerning the mod, i wasn't impressed, there were loads of things one can't do, don't save near land, don't save near enemy, and the list just went on and on, for me, too many restrictions, i even saw this in the forum somewhere,

I had problems with this as well, but I've learned to follow these steps and the issue is solved:

1. Leave the boat on the surface and stay in the control room screen facing the helms station, as when you start. Use "save and exit" and create a new filename for each save.

2. Make sure there are no visible contacts, and move the time at least 30 minutes if you just sank a ship or downed a plane. Do not save near land.

3. Do not add or remove any mods or change any files in SH3 after the save. That includes SH3 Commander Files if in use, uncheck auto roll back.

bloody hell, too many do's and don't for me,

i just want a mod that makes the Stock game have more ships, and more going on in the world,
i'm surprised that UBISOFT didn't think ahead, obviously back in 2005 they had to be careful, too much going on in the world make the game unplayable on most systems, but they should of put in some options to allow people who play in 2007 with far superior technology to up the ante,

not sure why mods like to crash on me in silent hunter 3, but i suppose some are unlucky i guess

system spec

AMD 5200+
2GB DDR 2 mem
HD N/A
Geforce 7600GT 512 MB Driver 175.19
Soundblaster Live creative latest, & back to my fav KX Version: 5.10.00.3541
Windows XP 32bit pro
DirectX 9 August Updates.

like i said though, i find a lot of MODS seem to crash my version, and yet other people say it's great works fine, weird,

oh well, keep looking.

all i'm after is Stock silent hunter 3 but more stuff going on in the world, more ships,

i find the seas are quite bare, and sometimes there's nothing to do, but apart from that stock silent hunter 3 is ok for me,

i also noticed that ships do not respawn, so the more one kills, the less there are in the world, again, means even less ships in the world, not fun,

Last edited by Registered55; 08-21-08 at 06:59 PM.
Old 08-22-08, 02:15 AM   #296
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

@registered

That`s really weird!
How big is the size of the wac folder?
What has been your download server?
Did you download from different servers?
Old 08-22-08, 05:54 AM   #297
Registered55
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

i got it from filefront

sizes are

4.40GB size 4,733,210,854 bytes

9,784 files, 572 folders,

using 7zip 4.57.

like i said, it wasn't just this mod, i've had others that seem to cause CTD's,
so i'm not that bothered, i remembered playing silent hunter 3 about 2 years ago, number 4 came out, saw my mate playing it, had a small go myself, decided to give number 3 ago,

and hold and behold i'm experiencing what i was 2 years ago, although it was grey wolves then and NYGM 1.1 i believe,

to me the engine in silent hunter 3 is unstable at best anyway, and there isn't any SDK tools from what i've seen that can check files, so after modding a utility could be run that checks the basics to see if any mistakes can be detected,

some games comes with scenario editors that have the ability to check the files when finished, the big one that comes to mind is "PARADOX" games,

if anyone knows of a small mod that just makes the stock game a little more difficult, prefably more ships, and ships that respawn which would simulate ships being rebuilt.
Old 08-22-08, 06:44 AM   #298
NGT
Lieutenant

Downloads: 289
Default CTD solution for some people ?

Guten tag HanSolo and others.

Few days ago I had hat, again, CTD experience, and not only with WAC 3.0.

3 SH3 installations of 4 available in my computer were off. (All 4 in different partitions or disk drivers.)

Re-installing 3 times, but no success. So, I started reflection, what the difference with the 4th working, and I found:

The no CTD installation HAVE NOT INTRO FILM AND LOGO.

...data/Movies/Intro is empty because I hat removed the Intro.wmv and Logo.wmv files.

I did the same in the other 3 and MIRACLE they works !!!

The most strange is, that CTD occur after playing -without problem- the logo and intro film, and after the download of the game, in the menu interface.

Sorry if all that are useless for most/all of you, but we never know, perhaps somebody, somewhere . . . .

WAC Team: Thanks again for your work.

sorry for bad english
NGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-08, 08:30 AM   #299
Tuddley3
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 170

@ Registered

If you want to, you could try WAC 2.15. I could upload it to Filefront for you this weekend. There is a lot of downloading you'll have to do, and uploading for me because you need both WAC 2.0 and WAC 2.15. I have them both on CD, so if you want to be patient, I could do it for you, unless someone else already has it uploaded somewhere.
Tuddley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-08, 09:21 AM   #300
Cheapskate
XO

Downloads: 47

@ NGT

SH3 will start quite happily without any of the movie files.

In fact it will even run when the complete movie folder is missing!

Are you using MultiSH3 for each of your separate installations?
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote