SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-08-08, 07:08 PM   #286
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhayl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syxx_Killer
Ok, I didn't know it would change all the other U-Boat icons. On the loadout screen, I was talking about when you are on patrol and press the "I" button to bring up the screen to place torpedoes into tubes or drag external torpedoes into an internal spot.

On a different note, I had decided to check out the Museum. I don't know if this is already known or not, but I thought I would bring it up anyway. I clicked the IIA in the Museum and this is what I got.
I don't know what, if anything, can be done to bring the S-Boat to the surface. I just thought it was a funny little quirk.
Oh that one, yep it's fixed, it uses the same profile as the shopping screen actually (the "closed" one). The barracks screen and damage screen use the same "opened" profile
I also checked the museum at the beginning and couldn't find a workaround, looks like if the unit type is submarine, whatever the other values it will be shown submerged (maybe there's a way to change it, I didn't really investigate this)

@Albrecht : I have no idea, I can't even spawn an aircraft in my testing mission
I think it's necessary to be more than 40km away in order for aircraft to have a chance of spawning. If you'd like I can upload this SP mission I have that has aircraft. Or I can custom-build you test-bed SP missions for whatever you'd like.
Old 02-08-08, 07:45 PM   #287
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

@Mikhayl: I've started building an "S-Boot War" campaign. I've decided to add the following S-Flotilles:

1 S-Flot
2 S-Flot
3 S-Flot
4 S-Flot
5 S-Flot

Any others really are just duplicates.

I'll use GWX as my base, because it better supports places like the Med and Black Sea. Variety.

However, with the release of GWX2.1 supposedly soon, I'd rather wait before continuing - there'll be changes to key files that I need to adjust and I'd rather do it once.

Once it's done, if others want to make compatible versions for other mods, they can go for it.

Nb: Does/will the S-boat display an emblem on each side? If so, some emblems for the above flotillas will be nice (http://www.wlb-stuttgart.de/seekrieg...sfl-frames.htm can be used as a guide). Maybe someone can help out with this?
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-08, 08:18 PM   #288
Boris
Sea Lord

Downloads: 41

Here's some more shots of the Schnellbootweiss skins. It's nearing completion... I'm going to do some weathering on it tomorrow, and maybe it'll be ready to release. After that I'll use it as a base for a variety of camouflage schemes and emblem variations.

Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-08, 08:26 PM   #289
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhayl
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh3rules
How about a link to the newest beta? I'd like to try out those nice loading screens.
It's still not ready, still a load of stuff to add/change/test
Take your time Mikhayl, we all can plod on with the first release.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-08, 08:37 PM   #290
gimpy117
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris
Here's some more shots of the Schnellbootweiss skins. It's nearing completion... I'm going to do some weathering on it tomorrow, and maybe it'll be ready to release. After that I'll use it as a base for a variety of camouflage schemes and emblem variations.

lol i was working on the same thing!!!
oh well...maybe ill add camo!
gimpy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-08, 08:44 PM   #291
Syxx_Killer
Admiral

Downloads: 21

We can never have too many skins!

Seeing that cool new skin got me wondering, will the AI S-Boats have the same skin? I just don't like being the only one to have a different skin. I like to feel like I'm just another member of the team and not stand out.
Syxx_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-08, 08:57 PM   #292
Boris
Sea Lord

Downloads: 41

The skin for the playable S-Boot is inside the unit dat file, but theres nothing to stop you from using this skin on the AI units by renaming it.
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-08, 11:59 PM   #293
gimpy117
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 108

another 5,000 ton frieghtor on the bottom...needed 2 toprs and 600 rounds though...
gimpy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-08, 12:55 AM   #294
AdlerGrosmann
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

A good mod. But with terrible ways for it to play. Someday I hope you can make it playable with Sh3 Commander. Also, maybe we could control an aircraft carrier, a destroyer, or maybe even a battleship someday if some one like you could invent it. I'm sure it may happen someday or it may not, but a good idea this mod has done to improve the way technology can go. I'm hoping for it to go further. I liked it, but my Sh3 commander was still running somehow even though it was off. I uninstalled it and somehow it was still in the comp after I uninstalled and deleted the folders.

Btw...could you make it where we could use the spotlight!?
Old 02-09-08, 09:47 AM   #295
AdlerGrosmann
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Thats good! I can't wait until the next one will work out.
Old 02-09-08, 09:57 AM   #296
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 4

Oh men... You are absolutely crazy.

I haven't tried the Schnellbotte yet and I'm not planning it soon, as I'm perfectly involved with sinking merchies the under-way, but fnally I'll have a S-way try for sure... From what I see by the time it eventually happens you'll be ready with tons of skins, various S-boat types, SWX 1.3a and maybe even OLCSB GUI. :rotfl:

That's probably the fastest growing mod project I've seen here ever.

I admire you, modders.
Links: SH5 mods I use, FileFront, Manual plotting how-to
Abd_von_Mumit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-08, 10:02 AM   #297
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Nice Mikhayl. Hopefully any changes to files in GWX2.1 won't set you back too much.

Re SH3Cmdr compatibility, you'll be pleased to hear that the new version I'm working on is quite happy with your S-Boat. To reiterate though, it's not hard to make SH3Cmdr compatible with the S-Boat in the meantime. Just:

1. open SH3Cmdr's "Sh3 options.cfg" file
2. scroll down to the "[CRUSH DEPTH]" block
3. delete the line "IIA=NSS_Uboat2A|x2688|175".
4. save and close

Once the S-Boat campaign is completed though, there'll be a need for many updated SH3Cmdr files to reflect the flotilla changes and just the basic differences between S and U boats. But I don't forsee any probs and I can help you with that aspect when the time comes as I know a thing or two about the way SH3Cmdr works, LOL!

Re the TypeIIA text, I know someone who spent a lot of time unsuccessfully trying to figure that out when SH3 was first released (when turning the IIA into a IIB). My guess is that the text is derived from the class name. I can't see anywhere else, unless it's hardcoded, that the text could come from.

FYI when building the campaign I will need to make changes to *_menu.txt. I'll keep the changes isolated so that they can be imported into your copy.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-08, 03:04 PM   #298
Antenor
Watch

Downloads: 0

Hi all! well, first, congratulations Mikhayl and modders are helping you for the amazing work i seen.
Until a couple of days ago, the Schnellbootes were unknown for me, only have some news several months ago of the game ptboats, but not like me very much, I always prefer the uboots (My loved VIIC forever hehe).
But seeing this amazing mod work, I started to search info about german fast attack boats and the idea to attack a merchant at 40knots instaid 2 underwater call my attention powerfully .

I love this mod! In the approach to a convoy, avoid docens of shells fallen around me, and the tension of shoot torp, hope the impact, and trying escape alive is very funny!. Is complicated and this is a new challenge for me sink merchant on this new way.
Thank you guys for your hard work and make the SH3 a new experience for all of us .

Here are a pair of captures of one of mi first "raid", see you!

P.D: Sorry for my poor english, im from spain, and have it a litte Rusty.
Antenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-08, 10:00 PM   #299
WilhelmSchulz.
The Old Man

Downloads: 17

Its a great mod but we do need to get DD or another good 3D moddler in on this project to work on the moddle. No offence Mikhayl your doing a great job getting the mod to work but the boat looks too short and stubby compaired to pics of the real thing.

WilhelmSchulz. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-08, 11:03 PM   #300
Viliotti
Swabbie

Downloads: 1

GREAT!

------------------------------------------------
Viliotti is offline   Reply With Quote