SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-14-06, 07:06 AM   #16
Notewire
Soundman

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 0

supposedtobeworking - I am an amatuer mod mixer like everyone else I suppose - and I had some success last night with minitweaker.

Try this. Download the tweaker - and download the tweak files and put them in the tweak files subfolder that tweaker will make for you automatically. Then you just select "open tweaked file" and select the sh3.sdl. This will allow you to alter any sound volume in the game - which can be a blessing and a curse. Personally, I love the ambient noise of my electric engines - so I increased that and found the clock file and decreased that. Any comprehensive changes beyond minor tweaking can get tricky - but it is a very useful tool. You can find it in the general mods listing post.

I hope this helps, and Panthercules, as usual, you are spot on with transferring the sound files - it is good to have the old comforting *thwack*thwack*thwack* sounds back.

Tschues,
Yarre Notewire
Notewire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-06, 12:54 PM   #17
supposedtobeworking
XO

Downloads: 59

Ok, I have messed around with minitweaker and have figured it out up to that point, but I am never sure what to do when it comes to the numbers and settings--I wish someone would make a guide explaining the various settings and what the numeric values mean. Still haven't tried the hyd wav sounds as i am in mid patrol. Sounds like it will work though..

The peri zoom back to 6x and no WO instant range are next on my list if anyone knows how to change those in GW.?
supposedtobeworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-06, 11:38 PM   #18
panthercules
The Old Man

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by supposedtobeworking
Still haven't tried the hyd wav sounds as i am in mid patrol. Sounds like it will work though..
I did the sound swap out mid patrol (after rolling back SH3 Commander of course), and it seems to have worked just fine for me.
Old 09-16-06, 02:46 PM   #19
supposedtobeworking
XO

Downloads: 59

Still hoping someone ccan direct me to the files to edit to make the peri zoom 6x instead of 10x in grey wolves. Also would be nice to take away the range given by the WO on the surface....anyone know how to do this?

thanks.
supposedtobeworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-06, 01:28 AM   #20
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by supposedtobeworking
Still hoping someone ccan direct me to the files to edit to make the peri zoom 6x instead of 10x in grey wolves. Also would be nice to take away the range given by the WO on the surface....anyone know how to do this?

thanks.
Sure, don't ask for it. Though really at times the WO was able to give you a range to target, it's in books written by u-boat commanders, so it's not cheating and not "unreal".

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote