mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapizi View Post
On the tower u will find 2 stairs ( 1 on each side) that lead to the deck
Thank you

Tried it out, but the way you are so to say third person standing beside the deck gun is not what I had expected I thought it would be like using the deck gun in SHIII or some of the other SH games.

I have seen this youtube video a few times by now and it seems like he is using calculating chances- Lock to get a torpedo-path then unlock(break lock) to change the path of the torpedo.

I'm doing the same-Lock to get a path then unlock. Then I use my attack periscope(I don't know how he manege to change the direction of this white colour) I can only change it by turning my Attack periscope from left to right or viceversa and then make a calculated chance.

I have read in the manual and tried to find some kind of tutorial videos on youtube. This to find out why my XO are very very bad at this targeting thing.

Either he give me the same solution as always-range 500 meters(and it doesn't matter if the ship is 15,2,25 or 3000 meters away) and he keep on saying speed 0.

Or does he need two "marks" one lock then down periscope and after about 3.5 minutes periscope up and a new lock on target to get a correct solution ?

Have just been playing and I tried this manually targeting-made changes in the solution my XO gave me and of course it was a miss(I said I'm bad at this) Had to dive and run away. Some days later I ran into an lone merchant and locked on to the target and my XO gave me the same solution as I had used some days before(in the game)

I have clean install-patched to 1.20 NO MODS

Here in my thread someone wrote using automatic targeting would result in 90 % hit, not in my sub world and I wonder why-I have unmarked(is that the correct English word) the "use manually targeting" in my game setting.

On this patrol I have used every torp and got two hit(good chance hit). Only by using my deck gun I got two merchant.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-16, 04:05 PM   #18
Kapizi
Seaman

Downloads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Thank you

Tried it out, but the way you are so to say third person standing beside the deck gun is not what I had expected I thought it would be like using the deck gun in SHIII or some of the other SH games.

I have seen this youtube video a few times by now and it seems like he is using calculating chances- Lock to get a torpedo-path then unlock(break lock) to change the path of the torpedo.

I'm doing the same-Lock to get a path then unlock. Then I use my attack periscope(I don't know how he manege to change the direction of this white colour) I can only change it by turning my Attack periscope from left to right or viceversa and then make a calculated chance.

I have read in the manual and tried to find some kind of tutorial videos on youtube. This to find out why my XO are very very bad at this targeting thing.

Either he give me the same solution as always-range 500 meters(and it doesn't matter if the ship is 15,2,25 or 3000 meters away) and he keep on saying speed 0.

Or does he need two "marks" one lock then down periscope and after about 3.5 minutes periscope up and a new lock on target to get a correct solution ?

Have just been playing and I tried this manually targeting-made changes in the solution my XO gave me and of course it was a miss(I said I'm bad at this) Had to dive and run away. Some days later I ran into an lone merchant and locked on to the target and my XO gave me the same solution as I had used some days before(in the game)

I have clean install-patched to 1.20 NO MODS

Here in my thread someone wrote using automatic targeting would result in 90 % hit, not in my sub world and I wonder why-I have unmarked(is that the correct English word) the "use manually targeting" in my game setting.

On this patrol I have used every torp and got two hit(good chance hit). Only by using my deck gun I got two merchant.

Markus
When u ger the XO firing sulotion you ARE NOT using Auto TDC.

To use Auto TDC when you get the XO message
1. Turn on TDC
2. Never Mind

Select 2. Never Mind.
Why?
Because this will let your crew do the firing solution, wich will be correct about 85/90% of the times.

To use the sight in the deck gun, in the upper left part of the screnn u will se a binocular, tap it (u need to be in the deck gun OFC)
U will get a sight with a mil scale, when u get the it to 10 it means the gun is ranged for 1000 meter.

Hope it help.
Ricardo
Old 08-19-16, 10:52 AM   #19
Fuzzyduck
Nub

Downloads: 0
Default TDC Trouble

Hi Markus,
Sounds like you’re having a spot of trouble with the TDC, Ok let’s see if I can help.
Remember “Manual Targeting “, means what it say’s!!, YOU have to input all the information that the TDC needs, you cannot just point at the target with the periscope and get a solution.
The TDC needs four (4) pieces of Information :- Speed, Range, Bearing, Angle on the Bow.
Some of these things you may already know but please bear with me. Ok you need to get yourself into a good firing position, Ie , ahead of the target and at approx 90 degrees to the targets path.
Now I’m not saying this is the best or right way to do it but this is my way,,, I take it that you have ‘Constant Map Update’ turned on, So using the ruler tool draw a line from slightly behind the target through it’s length and slightly passed your sub. This will give you the path of the target, Note! You may have to adjust this due to target drift. Position you sub at approx 90 degrees to the targets path and approx 500m away.
Now let’s input some information. To do this you need to click on the highlighted words under you scope glass this will bring up various menus. The orders in which the information is inputted is not that critical so don’t worry to much about that. Also remember that target identification is most important so take some time to get this right as this will affect range calculations by the TDC, + torpedo depth settings. (Pause game if necessary).
BEARING, this one is easy, with TDC ON point the scope directly at the target, all the time the TDC is on and you are pointing at the target this information is feed to the TDC.
RANGE, with your target identified place the horizontal line in the scope at the bottom of the target where it meets the water, (can be tricky in rough seas), click on range, then click on ‘use stedimeter’ this will create a shadow image of the target and scope line, move the shadow scope line up to the height of the mast (I tend to just use the flag as a reference) and click again, this will calculate the range. PS always remember to click the word ‘Back’ to exit any of the menus.
SPEED, using the method I described in RANGE make 3-4 range calculations over a period of 3-5 minutes if possible, but you must pick the exact same spot on the target mast (flag) each time, click on the word speed and then the word ‘calculate speed’. This will give you a target speed. OR just place your mouse over the target in the map and input it yourself.
ANGLE ON THE BOW (AOTB), now this one got me confused at first, this is NOT the angle at which YOU see the target, but the angle at which the TARGET would see you if you where surfaced. Click on AOTB, you can make a rough guess here yourself if you want but to get it right using the protractor tool on the attack map click a good distance ahead of the target on its path line, then click directly on the centre of the target then finally click on your sub, this will display an angle and that is what you input into the TDC, +/- 2 degrees is ok. (don’t forget to click back to exit menu).
Now as your target draws ever closer you don’t need to worry about speed as this is unlikely to change and the bearing as this is constantly updated by the TDC. I recommend that you update range and AOTB as often as possible as these setting will constantly change somewhat. You may also notice a faint yellow line in the attack map, if all inputs are good this is the path your torpedoes will take so no need to give any ‘Lead’ when firing your fish,,, just keep the target in the cross hairs of the scope and use shift/spacebar to fire..
GOOD LUCK...........
Fuzzyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-16, 11:30 AM   #20
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Hi Fuzzyduck

After having followed Kapizi advice on how to use the TDC lock and wait for the words tracking target, then unlock(break target) and shoot.

I get about 80-90 % hit ratio.

As mentioned earlier in this thread I'm searching for some youtube videos where someone have made manually targeting-tutorial or some page where a person have taken a picture after each little thing he or she has made before firing the torp.
I have somehow problems to adapt from reading, I know people are doing a great job taking their time writing, but I'm a person who learn best from either watching a video or page where there's picture followed by text.

Markus
Old 08-19-16, 12:39 PM   #21
skin-nl
KapitainLeutnant

Downloads: 247

Hi Markus

Here is one of the tutorials on YouTube

Michael
Old 08-19-16, 03:34 PM   #22
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by skin-nl View Post
Hi Markus

Here is one of the tutorials on YouTube

Michael
Thank you

I was waiting for him to measure the speed, He used the map update.

I remember something about making a mark on or around the target and then take time(3 to 4 minutes) and then something more.

But I got the angle of the bow more clearly now.

Markus
Old 08-19-16, 05:58 PM   #23
Kapizi
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Hi Fuzzyduck

After having followed Kapizi advice on how to use the TDC lock and wait for the words tracking target, then unlock(break target) and shoot.

I get about 80-90 % hit ratio.

As mentioned earlier in this thread I'm searching for some youtube videos where someone have made manually targeting-tutorial or some page where a person have taken a picture after each little thing he or she has made before firing the torp.
I have somehow problems to adapt from reading, I know people are doing a great job taking their time writing, but I'm a person who learn best from either watching a video or page where there's picture followed by text.

Markus
Glad i could help.

Carry on
Old 08-25-16, 10:48 AM   #24
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

I use this old thread ´cause it's a game play problem

I'm on patrol outside the English coast and I have to sink 50.000 tons of cargo ships I got so far about 177.000 tons and I still get the message Incomplete

Is this a bug in the game ? If yes is there a fix for this ?

Markus
Old 08-25-16, 04:29 PM   #25
Kapizi
Seaman

Yup thats a freaking anoyng bug.

Dont now how to fix it but the berbster or any other old skipper know