SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-23-07, 10:39 PM   #16
walsh2509
XO

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0

A little help please , I've got that for SH3 and down loaded it for SH4, but its not showing in my attack map.

I put the application in the main folder and clcik on it, it gave me a mod folder. Like it said I dropped the map in the folder and ran the application, but nothing showed up. So after reading the read me for it, I made a sub folder in the mod folder, called it 360 and put the map into the new folder. I then hit the application again, and this time the folder showed up, I then moved to from left to right and when I did another map appeard in the main folder.

But in the game I can't see it ... a day or so ago I was able to track my torps in the attack map , but that went, will it have something to do with the fact that I can't see the torps when I zoom right into the map. Will that have an effect on this mod?

thanks ..
walsh2509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-07, 11:31 PM   #17
sofu
Nub

Downloads: 0

I need this STUFF !!!!!!!!!

very good +_+)b
sofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 01:48 AM   #18
CaptainCox
Sea Lord

Downloads: 4

OK I updated the first post with new download links for both Metric and Imperial. Also added the "Balao" Sub, missed it yesterday. I hope all is OK now. If not please just post here and I try to correct it...its a bit early here in Germany and I just woke up to do this :p
Old 03-24-07, 02:46 AM   #19
nvdrifter
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Excellent work CaptainCox.
Old 03-24-07, 05:14 AM   #20
OneTinSoldier
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 46

Imperial Version.. YES! Thank you Captain Cox!
"Variable this is EasyRhino, do you copy? Over." Loud and clear EasyRhino. "Do we have a gig? Over." That's a Roger, we have a gig. Target is painted, start the music. "Roger that Variable. Into attack. Pickling target. Target is acquired and lit. LGB comin' down!" EasyRhino, circular error probability zero. Impact with High Order Detonation. Thank You, have a nice day.
OneTinSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 06:10 AM   #21
castorp345
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 118

excellent!
thanks CapitainCox!!

edit: except there seems to be something funny with the imperial files--while the original .dds files were 5kb each, and the metric .dds files were 5mb each, each of these imperial .dds 's are now 18mb [!] and additionally aren't recognized by any of my image software (including photoshop)...

edit2: they do work in game, however at the magnification level they appear at they are partially occluded by the edge of the screen...
would it be possible to have them appear initially at lower magnification levels?
also, regarding file size--what was the bit depth of the original image before converting to .dds? 24-bit should work, no? and what about rle compression? (or does that mess with the transparency?)

Last edited by castorp345; 03-24-07 at 06:31 AM.
castorp345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 11:24 AM   #22
CaptainCox
Sea Lord

Sorry that I did not answer before, been busy doing a "RADIO" mod...coming up in a few...

Anyhow ok, yea the Imperial are bigger cause they are simply bigger 1m=1.09361329833771 yr so I simply had to make the Alpha channel bigger in order for it to match the ruler in the game. To take away one step would not work I think I could try but later...So in short the files for Imperial are a bit heavier due to the actual size of the graphics.

Do you have the DDS plug in from Nvidia? you should be able to open them with that, I can. Regarding the converting and compression...man I CAN'T remember. I will have a look later. But basically its just using the Alpha channel.
Old 03-24-07, 12:17 PM   #23
castorp345
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 118

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCox
Sorry that I did not answer before, been busy doing a "RADIO" mod...coming up in a few...
no worries and 'am eagerly looking forward to your radio mod!

Quote:
Anyhow ok, yea the Imperial are bigger cause they are simply bigger 1m=1.09361329833771 yr so I simply had to make the Alpha channel bigger in order for it to match the ruler in the game. To take away one step would not work I think I could try but later...

'So in short the files for Imperial are a bit heavier due to the actual size of the graphics.

Do you have the DDS plug in from Nvidia? you should be able to open them with that, I can. Regarding the converting and compression...man I CAN'T remember. I will have a look later. But basically its just using the Alpha channel.
'k, sounds good.
i don't have the nvidia plugin but will make sure to get it!
('been using irfanview to view .dds files and ddsconverter to manipulate them in bmp format)
thanks for the tip and the mod!

cheers
hc
castorp345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 01:14 PM   #24
ReM
Commodore

Downloads: 19

Lol,

this sim is not even a week old and already the handy tools start comin'in...

Thanks for your troubles, nice piece of work!
Old 03-24-07, 02:59 PM   #25
walsh2509
XO

Downloads: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by walsh2509
A little help please , I've got that for SH3 and down loaded it for SH4, but its not showing in my attack map.

I put the application in the main folder and clcik on it, it gave me a mod folder. Like it said I dropped the map in the folder and ran the application, but nothing showed up. So after reading the read me for it, I made a sub folder in the mod folder, called it 360 and put the map into the new folder. I then hit the application again, and this time the folder showed up, I then moved to from left to right and when I did another map appeard in the main folder.

But in the game I can't see it ... a day or so ago I was able to track my torps in the attack map , but that went, will it have something to do with the fact that I can't see the torps when I zoom right into the map. Will that have an effect on this mod?

thanks ..

Can anyone help, have I done it right ? should the 360 show even in sub school after install ?

For some reason sometime after I installed 1.1 I could not track my torps on the attack map.

Could someone please have a read of the above to see if I have installed it correctly or has anyone else have the same problem with the torp track disappearing on the Attack map ? and can't see the 360 either ?

thanks ..
walsh2509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 03:11 PM   #26
RedHammer
Loader

Downloads: 38

You have to zoom close enough to your sub on the map. Shows up good on my game. are you sure you did it the correct way? I recommend using JSGME.

S!

RH
RedHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 03:19 PM   #27
CaptainCox
Sea Lord

OK I will try to do this step by step.

Get the JSGME if you don't have it already "Generic Mod Enabler " http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/products.html

Run the EXE INSIDE your MAIN SH4 folder, it should create a "MODS" folder, if not install again (should do it at 1st try normally)

Put any mods you want (in this case the 360 bearing mod) into the "MODS" folder
and hit JSGME.exe (I have a shortcut in my Start menu) and you should see all mods you dumped in the "MODS" folder now just hit the "ADD" button in the interface and see how the stuff gets loaded in to the right window, when you loaded the mods you want, close. Now all should work as it should.

This a pic from my SH3 JSGME folder as an example
Old 03-24-07, 04:49 PM   #28
Liszt_
Bosun

Downloads: 0

doesn't this tool take a bit away from the realism factor? i mean did they have this sort of tool back then or rely on the manual plotting with compass, rule, protractor?
Liszt_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 05:45 PM   #29
tedhealy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liszt_
doesn't this tool take a bit away from the realism factor? i mean did they have this sort of tool back then or rely on the manual plotting with compass, rule, protractor?
You know your own heading so being able to draw relative bearings doesn't take away from realism. What you didn't exactly know was your own position on the map though.
tedhealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 06:07 PM   #30
CaptainCox
Sea Lord

I did this cause I was so used to it in SH3/GWX. It gives me the bearing and rough distance at a glance, that stuff counts when doing a torpedo run inside the perimeter of a convoy.