SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-09-10, 06:47 AM   #2926
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Default TUTORIAL VIDEO: Advanced Firing Solution using Sonar only

Here is a really good TUTORIAL VIDEO: Advanced Firing Solution using Sonar only by WernerSobe

ENJOY!

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-10, 08:32 AM   #2927
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117
Uploads: 0

Quote:
why are you using such an old version of the mod? That screenshot shows a very old version of the mod.
I don't, that's just the best screenshot I had of the overlay.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-10, 08:40 AM   #2928
Der SchattenJager
Watch

Downloads: 14

The bearing overlay that Kylania posted is an essential mod to me. If it could be incorporated into TDW's mod, that would be pure sex.

The overlay in that mod is kind of fuzzy, though. I could redraw it as vector art if you need it. Anything to help. Another thing I don't like about that overlay mod is the overlay at the two closest zoom levels (the only two it's available at) is too big for the TAI, and as you can see from Kylania's screenshot of it, it cuts it off, making it hard to use.

If it could be available at all zoom levels (toggleable would be awesome!) in addition to being the proper size for the TAI and scaled correctly at all zoom levels, this would make TDW's mod nearly perfect.
Der SchattenJager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-10, 09:02 AM   #2929
Meldric
Officer

Downloads: 167

Hi TDW!

What I would love to see in 3.0.0 (or a later version) would be that the GUI elements (like officers) remember their position. I need to move the officers around even after each load of a savegame... It is not a major thing... but still annoying.

And I realized that the two buttons to completly raise and lower the scope do not show in my GUI, although a click at the place where they should be visible results in the same effect. So the buttons work, but are not visible...

Meldric
Meldric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-10, 09:25 AM   #2930
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meldric View Post
Hi TDW!

What I would love to see in 3.0.0 (or a later version) would be that the GUI elements (like officers) remember their position. I need to move the officers around even after each load of a savegame... It is not a major thing... but still annoying.

And I realized that the two buttons to completly raise and lower the scope do not show in my GUI, although a click at the place where they should be visible results in the same effect. So the buttons work, but are not visible...

Meldric
If the buttons aren't visible then you have a mod that has overwritten the PeriscopeBasicPanelGE.dds file located in \data\Menu\Gui\Layout

I'm going to include some code to remember the position of draggable items and save them to a file so they can be repositioned at game start. Just haven't gotten to it yet.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-10, 09:31 AM   #2931
Meldric
Officer

Downloads: 167

I have Conus' Graphics mod installed. I suspect this mod to override the buttons...

Thank you very much!
Meldric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-10, 11:13 AM   #2932
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

TAI map bearing overlay working correctly now as far as rotation and staying with sub. Still doesn't scale to zoom level though - that's going to be a tricky one......New button for controlling the visibility of the bearing overlay has been added to bottom right corner of TAI. I switched the bearing overlay used to the one suggested some posts ago.
Old 06-09-10, 11:22 AM   #2933
Gato76
Planesman

Downloads: 82

Very nice,this mod is the only reason i still play SH5,i hope you release this update soon
Gato76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-10, 12:29 PM   #2934
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

..."remember the position of draggable items"

thats nice !

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-10, 03:40 PM   #2935
dem
Planesman

Downloads: 476

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
Here is a really good TUTORIAL VIDEO: Advanced Firing Solution using Sonar only by WernerSobe

ENJOY!
nice if you have sonar
dem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-10, 09:19 PM   #2936
kylania
Silent Hunter

Toggle Bearing Overlay button is directly over the "Close Mission Briefing" button while in port.

Old 06-09-10, 09:35 PM   #2937
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
Toggle Bearing Overlay button is directly over the "Close Mission Briefing" button while in port.

while in port? Ok, that's an easy one to fix. I'll just disable it until you are 'in mission'. I'll do the same with center on sub (as they should be done already ). Thanks for the heads up
Old 06-09-10, 10:01 PM   #2938
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

The Bearing Plotter overlay is not scale propperly making the 100 meter concentric rings usless. Currently the overlay covers the entire map.
The overlay should stay to scale and as you expand your view the overlay should get smaller. The overlay is really not required on map with zoom level range legend greater then 6000 meters.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-10, 10:05 PM   #2939
kylania
Silent Hunter

It's very handy to place accurate bearings without having to do the three step + math method of using the protractor at larger scale map zooms.

Old 06-09-10, 10:19 PM   #2940
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
The Bearing Plotter overlay is not scale propperly making the 100 meter concentric rings usless. Currently the overlay covers the entire map.
The overlay should stay to scale and as you expand your view the overlay should get smaller. The overlay is really not required on map with zoom level range legend greater then 6000 meters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
It's very handy to place accurate bearings without having to do the three step + math method of using the protractor at larger scale map zooms.
We're going for functionality currently. The big questions are: does it work? does it work properly (stay with sub, rotate with sub, etc.). Scaling is going to take some thought on my part on how to do it correctly. It might take me some time to figure it out also.

@kylania - there was more than just the toggle bearing overlay still visible on that mission briefing map I've disabled everything now on the nav map until you are 'in mission' at sea.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui