SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-04-10, 07:14 PM   #2746
Mescator
Soundman

Downloads: 49
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
The sample rates (Sound Quality) are not correct. Look at the sample rates of the stock sounds. That is the sample rate that should be used when making new sound samples. If you try to get high quality sample rates it causes problems.
Thanks, I'll have a look at this today. Why would the sound play perfectly in one view and not another though? As a example, i made a new silent running sound which CTD when triggered from the control room, but worked fine from the exterior cam.
Mescator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-10, 08:20 PM   #2747
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mescator View Post
Thanks, I'll have a look at this today. Why would the sound play perfectly in one view and not another though? As a example, i made a new silent running sound which CTD when triggered from the control room, but worked fine from the exterior cam.
Almost all Exterior Ambient Sound Samples are small in size and playback time. The Interior ambient sound sample is a much larger size file and much longer playback time.
Try tweaking the interior sound samples to reduce size and playback times.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-10, 08:43 PM   #2748
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 262

Thanks for the help on the sound CTD guys. I seem to have fixed it by ensuring bitrates are the same.

Got a second question about install order.

I'm running TMO, RSRDC and the TMO/RSRDC sensor fixes by Tater. I just downloaded the TMO2.0 beta patch. Should the install order be like this or will the Fixed Sensors mod overwrite the beta patch changes?

1 TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2
1b TMO_Beta Patch
2 RSRDC_TMO_V502
3a SCAF for RSRDC v502_2.0
3b Fixed_sensors_TMO-RSRDC
Dignan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-10, 08:45 PM   #2749
Swabbie
Sailor man

Downloads: 129

My boat won't move. Installed this mod and only this mod. Started a new career. Any bell changes I try to make are answered with. "Can not comply."

Freecam shows none of the boats as having deck guns. Can't go to that station either.

Last edited by Swabbie; 12-08-10 at 09:00 PM.
Swabbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-10, 12:58 AM   #2750
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swabbie View Post
My boat won't move. Installed this mod and only this mod. Started a new career. Any bell changes I try to make are answered with. "Can not comply."

Freecam shows none of the boats as having deck guns. Can't go to that station either.
Sounds like the Crew Ranks are wrong in the UPC files for your boat.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-10, 08:05 AM   #2751
Stary Wuj
Lieutenant

Downloads: 35

Thank You again!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Stary Wuj
Stary Wuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-10, 11:26 AM   #2752
Swabbie
Sailor man

Downloads: 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
Sounds like the Crew Ranks are wrong in the UPC files for your boat.
Crew ranks? How could that be? I'm using the vanilla boats that come with SH4.
Old 12-09-10, 03:27 PM   #2753
slikster
Watch

Downloads: 76

I've had a couple patrols with TMO now. Generally, I like what's there. However, It gets a little boring!

Going 5 days or more without seeing or hearing anything but an occational plane is the norm when searching an objective area. Is there any tweaks out there to up the shipping traffic a bit? I also really miss occational contact reports of single ships so that I can intercept them over longer distances.

I only have TMO loaded up.
slikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-10, 04:15 PM   #2754
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by slikster View Post
I've had a couple patrols with TMO now. Generally, I like what's there. However, It gets a little boring!

Going 5 days or more without seeing or hearing anything but an occational plane is the norm when searching an objective area. Is there any tweaks out there to up the shipping traffic a bit? I also really miss occational contact reports of single ships so that I can intercept them over longer distances.

Need to find the shipping lanes.I ignore my assigned patrol areas at times unless it's in a hot spot, I don't get to play much so when I do want to have a reasonable chance to find something.Howver, I've had patrols where I find nothing for 30 days then as I'm about to turn for home, I run into a convoy.Patience is key in sub warfare.I suggest opening the campaign files up with the mission editor...it'll show the traffic lanes or take a look at the map attached to the radio.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-10, 04:20 PM   #2755
Jan Kyster
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 152

Quote:
...so that I can intercept them over longer distances.
In TMO???

Forget it, man! They zig like hell. Once managed to loose a reported contact 60km away...

But I'm with you re. the occasional contact report! We do have a lot of ships, planes and friends out there.
Jan Kyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-10, 05:08 PM   #2756
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swabbie View Post

Make sure your install of SH4 is an unmodded, clean installation of SH4 with the Uboat mission expansion. (or a clean install of SH4 gold). If your using version 1.4 without the uboat addon, the mod won't work correctly. If your using a career game started before you installed the mod, it probably won't work correctly.

Quote:

The traffic is out there. You just have to find it. As frequency goes its much less then stock, but (and i'm guessing) a little bit more then RSRD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Kyster View Post
In TMO???

Forget it, man! They zig like hell. Once managed to loose a reported contact 60km away...
All convoys in TMO zig zag at regular intervals. My suggestion would be to track a convoy long enough to guess the zig zag interval, and plot your incercept course based on when you think it will change course to next. Anticipate his movement, and cut him off.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-10, 06:56 PM   #2757
Wojak10
Nub

Downloads: 100

Hi all, how do you think this set will be appropriate and compatible and can still add something?
Thanks for the advice and greet

TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2
TMO_20_Beta_update
Torpedo_ Graphics_for_TMO+RFB
Medals_Fix_ IV for v1.5 -TMO by Latency
IJN_Rad_Fix_for_TMO2_betaupdate
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
Fixed Zero Bomb Load RSRDC
Fixed_CD_sonar_RSRDC
Convoy Routes TMO+RSRD
TMO_Visuals_for_RSRDC
SCAF for RSRDC v502_2.0
Nav Map Make-Over v. 1.2
NMMO v1.2 Patch 1
NMMO Airbase Add-on
NMMO Airbase Add-on Patch 1
Poul-Sound for SH4
Wojak10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-10, 08:29 PM   #2758
virtualpender
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 281

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wojak10 View Post
Hi all, how do you think this set will be appropriate and compatible and can still add something?
Thanks for the advice and greet

TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2
TMO_20_Beta_update
Torpedo_ Graphics_for_TMO+RFB
Medals_Fix_ IV for v1.5 -TMO by Latency
IJN_Rad_Fix_for_TMO2_betaupdate
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
Fixed_CD_sonar_RSRDC
Convoy Routes TMO+RSRD
TMO_Visuals_for_RSRDC
SCAF for RSRDC v502_2.0
Nav Map Make-Over v. 1.2
NMMO v1.2 Patch 1
NMMO Airbase Add-on
NMMO Airbase Add-on Patch 1
Poul-Sound for SH4
Wow - that's a lot of mods!

It appears your install order is correct but you should not need the Medals_Fix or the IJN_Radar_Fix. The medals work properly in TMO 2.0 and the radar data for IJN ships is superceded by RSRDC and Tater's fixes. Otherwise, should work fine. Happy hunting!
virtualpender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-10, 08:45 PM   #2759
ZigmundFreund
Watch

Downloads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
Make sure your install of SH4 is an unmodded, clean installation of SH4 with the Uboat mission expansion. (or a clean install of SH4 gold). If your using version 1.4 without the uboat addon, the mod won't work correctly. If your using a career game started before you installed the mod, it probably won't work correctly.
If I may add something here. I had a lot of similar bugs when I started to use mods with SH4.

I bought the game prior to patch 1.4 which I installed. My mistake was to install Uboat addon on top of that. If that's your setup, Uninstall everything re-install SH4 (reboot, defrag...) and install the Uboat addon only. Patch 1.4 is included in it.

This and some reading about bow/aft gun positioning on this forum fixed it for me. Every mod I tried since is working fine.

- Some help finding big battles using RSRDC: Combined Fleet and Pacific War Animated

Last edited by ZigmundFreund; 12-09-10 at 10:36 PM.
ZigmundFreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-10, 11:57 PM   #2760
Onehunglow
Nub

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualpender View Post
Wow - that's a lot of mods!
I'm a bit confused now this is my load order

TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2
TMO_20_Beta_update
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
SCAF for RSRDC v502_2.0
MaxOptics IV for TMO_2
3000 Meter Bearing Tool

Should I be using these after RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1 and before SCAF ?

Fixed_CD_sonar_RSRDC
IJN_Radar_Fix_for_TMO2_v1
TMO_Visuals_for_RSRDC
Onehunglow is offline   Reply With Quote