SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-25-10, 08:57 PM   #2656
Silverwolf
Officer

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

If the traffic is not scripted to use the canals then there should be no problems.

GameFront page: http://www.gamefront.com/files/user/Silverwolf996
Silverwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-10, 09:00 PM   #2657
tater
Navy Seal

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 2

Sorry, I was thinking about Truk. Musta been a different thread, but I know I just read a similar post.
tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-10, 10:59 PM   #2658
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3228

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater View Post
The the traffic is not scripted with this in mind, it will be very ugly indeed.
Finally I try the Terrain of FOTRS in TMO 2 plus RSRDC, the passage across the Panama Canal works fine. No traffic. Balboa and Colon appears OK, and there are some scenery along the canal (houses, trees...).

Also I see on the map the Suez Canal is present.

Many thanks

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-10, 01:03 AM   #2659
bybyx
Ensign

Downloads: 942
Default One desperate request

Hello good people
I have one question for Ducimus and for those who follow this topic. There is a mod I like called: "Worn better scopes nomograph large compas v1.5". Unfortunately it is not TMO2 compatible and from what i can tell ATR-42 doesn't mod SH4 anymore. Can it be made TMO 2 compatible? Sadly i have no modding skills whatsoever. Can I be guided how to do it or can some of you gents spare the time an do it? I like this mod because the scopes are a bit bigger that those in TMO but smaller that those in Max Optics. The only things that are missing from it are greenish lines for crosshairs an maybe a colour filter.
Thank you in advance.
bybyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 12:41 PM   #2660
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Dear mates:

I want to know the way of add new AI traffic to bases in TMO 2.0 - aircraft and ships. There are some bases with very poor traffic or inexistent, and there aren´t airplanes in Pearl...

I want to add some traffic in the Panama Canal, too. I have the Canal open, now, applying the terrain of FOTRS.

Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
Old 08-27-10, 12:59 PM   #2661
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67

I've been mulling it over the last few days, and i decided i'm going to "leak" what updates I have so far. Primarly because I'm predicting its going to be awhile before TMO is officialy updated (burn out's a bitch), and the changes I have thus far, i feel are important to gameplay, and it bugs me their just sitting here on my hard drive collecting virtual dust.

For changes, see the documentation directory in the download.

Install:
- AFTER TMO 2.0. and any optional TMO mods, but BEFORE RSRD if your running it.

- TMO optional mods for the aft deck gun are NOT compatible. I haven't updated that mod yet. So what you have is the default installation.

- You will need to start a new career game to see some of the changes.

- As always, be in port when applying this.

- If you don't like the bump mapping, simply delete the NO1.dds that resides in each of the submarine directories.
(example: data/submarine/NSS_Gato/NSS_gato_N01.dds )

- Feed back on changes contained within this update are welcome. Bug reports are welcome. Requests/wish's will probably be ignored if you don't present a very good case for them. (i'm really burned out on modding, so it takes a pretty good poke that strikes the right cord to get me to move on something)

Download:
http://www.filefront.com/17240111/TM...eta_update.7z/

Enjoy.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 02:36 PM   #2662
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
I've been mulling it over the last few days, and i decided i'm going to "leak" what updates I have so far. Primarly because I'm predicting its going to be awhile before TMO is officialy updated (burn out's a bitch), and the changes I have thus far, i feel are important to gameplay, and it bugs me their just sitting here on my hard drive collecting virtual dust.

For changes, see the documentation directory in the download.

Install:
- AFTER TMO 2.0. and any optional TMO mods, but BEFORE RSRD if your running it.

- TMO optional mods for the aft deck gun are NOT compatible. I haven't updated that mod yet. So what you have is the default installation.

- You will need to start a new career game to see some of the changes.

- As always, be in port when applying this.

- If you don't like the bump mapping, simply delete the NO1.dds that resides in each of the submarine directories.
(example: data/submarine/NSS_Gato/NSS_gato_N01.dds )

- Feed back on changes contained within this update are welcome. Bug reports are welcome. Requests/wish's will probably be ignored if you don't present a very good case for them. (i'm really burned out on modding, so it takes a pretty good poke that strikes the right cord to get me to move on something)

Download:
http://www.filefront.com/17240111/TM...eta_update.7z/

Enjoy.
Many thanks for the update!!!

Regards

Fitzcarraldo

Old 08-27-10, 03:08 PM   #2663
virtualpender
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 281

Wow - nice surprise!

Thanks, Ducimus!
virtualpender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 09:46 PM   #2664
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

I try the update, Ducimus, very nice work. I try it with and without RSRDC. No CTD. But I think RSRDC modifies the data of the TMO update. True? The "After battery room" remains in RSRDC. But the airplanes modifications - I think - are overwrited by RSRDC. The "super mate" of the battery recharging remains in RSRDC, and works.

Regards!

Fitzcarraldo

Old 08-29-10, 09:09 AM   #2665
haz
A-ganger

Downloads: 1401

just learning modding but for submarine acceleration would it be possible to add a dummy zone on submarine to either create drag or clutch engine somehow to slow acceleration?.or a sphere to do same without interfering with diving etc.been expermenting with settings etc.even with 1000 h.p and drag accel. is to fast.humm just a thought, love your work by the way.
haz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-10, 09:29 AM   #2666
tater
Navy Seal

Downloads: 8

Drag is in the sim files.

If it's anything like ships, it's (badly) hard coded someplace. I messed with ships for a while, and though you can slow their acceleration from X knots to flank, 0 to X knots is always ridiculously fast.
tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-10, 11:32 AM   #2667
Mean Duck
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 39
Hello everyone.

It's my first post here. I’ve been playing TMO+RSRDC for some time now, and i must say it’s a really good mod. Improves the entire feel of the game which makes it way better then stock sh4 v1.5. Yet i’ve run into a difficulty, i can’t refit my boat. Currently in my campaign it’s 1943, all last 4 patrols got rating above 1 i was offered a new command refused it and expected to get a new conning tower on the boat but none of it happend. I’m still stuck with the 1941 configuration. Any words of advice?

Plus i’ve spoted a bug i don’t know if it was reported but the jap small subchaser is unsinkable, i have engaged it with deck gun, fired over 40 shots and nothing happend not a scratch on the enemy ship.
Mean Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-10, 02:13 AM   #2668
adrians69
Engineer

Downloads: 299
Default Great work on this mod!!

I have been reading the TMO manual about how much work and hours have been spent making this mod. Believe me it has not been in vain. I and many, many other SH4 players will be praising you and your work for years. I have had SH4 since release and have been struggling along with it and the UBoat addon. Ypur excellent work has made it a great experience rather than the OK one it was before.
Many thanks, you deserve your break now!!
adrians69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-10, 04:09 AM   #2669
Mescator
Soundman

Downloads: 49

Hey, little off topic but since I'm running TMO 2.0 i thought perhaps this the best place to ask.

Do you guys sink Sampans and fishing boats? I'm reading a lot of stuff saying Submarines sunk them with Deck gun and 40mm fire but i seem to have it stuck in my head that this incurs a renown loss in-game.

Could anyone clarify this for me?
Mescator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-10, 10:14 PM   #2670
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mescator View Post
Hey, little off topic but since I'm running TMO 2.0 i thought perhaps this the best place to ask.

Do you guys sink Sampans and fishing boats? I'm reading a lot of stuff saying Submarines sunk them with Deck gun and 40mm fire but i seem to have it stuck in my head that this incurs a renown loss in-game.

Could anyone clarify this for me?
Don't know about renown loss, but they make great gunnery practice, and they don't shoot back. By the end of the war in RL, that's about all there was left to shoot at.

There are only two kinds of ships: Submarines and TARGETS! Since Sampans and Fishing Boats aren't submarines, they MUST be targets. Make sense?

Good hunting!