SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-28-10, 12:50 PM   #2641
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
Wow great! Does the weather report work if you're submerged at the time though?

Edit: apparently it does (second reading in that screenshot).
oops, my bad, good catch! I need to disable weather report if submerged

I found another error in my ship's journal. It deals with the length of the entry and giving python errors. Obviously you all haven't exceeded the length to give the python error so it should be no problem. I'll be issuing a critical bug fix version for this here soon.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-10, 12:52 PM   #2642
kailz
Swabbie

Downloads: 251
Uploads: 0

Hi TDW

I do like the suggested modifications and additions.. all of them.

I'm having a little trouble tallying the 2.9.0 changelog with those of the UserOptions, specifically the sliding of the attack and obs scopes (which doesn't seem to be working for me).
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 2.9.0 changelog
added new user option that controls the visibility of the new SH5 style periscope level indicators (PeriscopeLevelSH5Visible). When this option is disabled the attack and obs scopes torpedo boxes will slide over to the left side of the screen exposing more screen space for the scope. The UZO torpedo box automatically moves over to the left side of the screen as default.
.. with ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by the UserOptions
# are the periscope water level indicators displayed on the attack and obs scopes?
# change below to either True or False
PeriscopeLevelSH5Visible = False
Is this correct? Thanks.
kailz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-10, 01:23 PM   #2643
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailz View Post
Hi TDW

I do like the suggested modifications and additions.. all of them.

I'm having a little trouble tallying the 2.9.0 changelog with those of the UserOptions, specifically the sliding of the attack and obs scopes (which doesn't seem to be working for me).
.. with ..

Is this correct? Thanks.
Yes, setting that to False will not show the SH5 periscope level indicators and the torpedoe boxes for the attack and obs scopes will slide over to the left side of the screen
Old 05-28-10, 01:40 PM   #2644
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
- user now has the ability to assign different TDC modes to the different scopes (UZO, attack, and obs). I.E. UZO=NOTDCDials, Attack=TDCAllDials, Obs=TDCMinimalDials
This is IMO partially corrected.
The best idea is turn each mode on when you want wherever you are:

Idea of TDC mode selector:

PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-10, 02:28 PM   #2645
Der SchattenJager
Watch

Downloads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antar View Post
This is IMO partially corrected.
The best idea is turn each mode on when you want wherever you are:

Idea of TDC mode selector:
That is a great idea
Der SchattenJager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-10, 03:04 PM   #2646
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by rededge View Post
Ha! Beat that Kylania--betcha can't!!!
TDW always seems to release versions of his mod when I'm at work and can't "really play" or just as I'm going to bed, thereby making me lose sleep waiting up to download it.

But then after I download and install it and am all happy, I go to sleep, go to work, and by the time I get home to play, NEW VERSION!

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-10, 03:26 PM   #2647
Bungmiester
Watch

Downloads: 33

Periscope bug
Cant lower my attack or observation periscope using this current version, they keep poping up on there own like a randy rabbit I have used the delete and pagedown keys and the periscope icon buttons on the top left hand side of the periscope screen but they just won't stay down. A reload of my saved game has not cured the problem. uninstalling and reinstalling the mod cured it briefly but when i used the obsevation periscope it did exactly the same thing.

Bungmiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-10, 04:26 PM   #2648
LeBabouin
Mate

Downloads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
...was wondering if there were any requests for features/changes/additions to the ship's editor app? I know kylania wants to be able to export a text version of the ship's journal which I will add. Anything else?
Untill an external prog is needed to edit ship logs outside of the game, ie untill we can't export them as text files, I am not interested in the ship log feature. But though, I think there should be a "browse" button in the import popup, instead of having the need to type the entire names of the wanted logs.
Old 05-28-10, 05:13 PM   #2649
kylania
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBabouin View Post
Untill an external prog is needed to edit ship logs outside of the game, ie untill we can't export them as text files, I am not interested in the ship log feature.
You mean this one located under Applications folder in the download file?

Old 05-28-10, 07:31 PM   #2650
LeBabouin
Mate

Downloads: 12

Yes I do. Admittedly you provide the tool, but it shouldn't be necessary to have a special program to edit a simple text file.
Old 05-28-10, 07:37 PM   #2651
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBabouin View Post
Yes I do. Admittedly you provide the tool, but it shouldn't be necessary to have a special program to edit a simple text file.
with IronPython and SH5 yes I do have to. See IronPython's Unicode isn't really Unicode (or if there's a way to encode/decode Unicode correctly I haven't figured out how). So in order to be able to display special characters for different languages I have to save the ship's journal in binary format. Since it's in binary then an external program is needed to read the file and 'translate' the binary to human readable text.
Old 05-28-10, 07:50 PM   #2652
kylania
Silent Hunter

I guess I'll ask here, but is there anyway to have something scale along with the map zoom? Basically I'm interested in two things:

1. Some kind of overlay (draggable hopefully) that shows 40km circle. This is to quickly identify my possible contact range.

2. Some kind of overlay (draggable hopefully) that shows 250km circle. Same as above, but for radio intercept range. If this one could somehow be scaled to the set range in the mod for 1TC radio contacts, that would be beyond glee.

Just not sure how you'd do scaling images, can you?

Basically I'm after tools to help me plot the most effective course for the most coverage. So I can see at a glance if I travel to point A, I'll be able to cover whatever whole area I was after without drawing infuriating and never correct compass circles. heh

Old 05-28-10, 09:24 PM   #2653
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v2.9.1 released. This is a critical update for the ship's journal. There are also some new features that I was working on for v3.0.0 in this version. The reason some new features made it into a bugfix version is I was working on v3.0.0 until I discovered the severe errors in the ship's journal.
Old 05-29-10, 05:37 AM   #2654
Echolot
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 567

Quote:
reserved by TheDarkWraith

Upcoming fixes in next version:
- TDC dials - the AOB and bearing dials are incorrect in their appearance and function. The AOB should have a vernier and the bearing should not. These will be addressed in the next release. The dial graphics will also be changed to reflect the actual dials.
- fixing the function and operation of the standard mode depth bar controls. They do not function correctly as far as them being lit (orange colored). They should show the orange color when you select that mode. When the mode has been reached they should turn off (not orange colored).
First thank you for your hard work.

Is it possible to make this for the TC=1x button too (top right corner)?

I mean if TC is reaching value 1 the function is complete and need no more orange highlighting. If TC value bigger than one its something to offer to us (changing TC level to 1 with one click, the button should be highlighted).

Thank you.

Gruß Echolot.
Echolot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-10, 10:19 AM   #2655
Echolot
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 567

It's possible to make a clock gadget like the ingame digital clock for all the other menu pages i.e. net lobby or options pages? It could show the current system time, so i can read the time in fullsreen mode. A little TeamSpeak App would also be nice, that shows me who's speaking or enter the channels. TSO (TeamSpeakOverlay) works not good with win7 64 bit. Maybe it can be done with the menu pages and scripting. Maybe the ingame digital clock can make switchable between showing game time or system time.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Gruß.

Echolot.

Movie background:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...77&postcount=5
Echolot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui