SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-12-10, 11:27 AM   #2626
R4222
Swabbie

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0
Default Sea Planes

I love TMO 2 well done to all those involved

Have found a few sea planes sat around in harbours parked up.

Can I suggest it shouldn't take 6 or 7 rounds of the deck gun to sink them.

I would of thought one round of 3.5 and thats game over for any plane.

What do others think ?
R4222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-10, 12:37 PM   #2627
tater
Navy Seal

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 2

Regarding the mine collision sphere. I had tried that on the chains before in the hope that I could get a collision SOUND associated with hitting the mooring chain... instead, it blew up when I hit the chain, even 50m below the mine.

The explosion SEEMED to happen at the point of impact, too, NOT the mine itself. Sad, because It might be cool to have some collision spheres down the chain about a boat length or so if they blew up at the point of the actual mine... Might give some DC like quality to them.
tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-10, 01:42 PM   #2628
John Channing
Sea Lord

Downloads: 156
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater View Post
Regarding the mine collision sphere.
What a Mime Collision might look like...

John Channing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-10, 02:01 PM   #2629
LUKNER
Torpedoman

Downloads: 743

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater View Post
Regarding the mine collision sphere. I had tried that on the chains before in the hope that I could get a collision SOUND associated with hitting the mooring chain... instead, it blew up when I hit the chain, even 50m below the mine.

The explosion SEEMED to happen at the point of impact, too, NOT the mine itself. Sad, because It might be cool to have some collision spheres down the chain about a boat length or so if they blew up at the point of the actual mine... Might give some DC like quality to them.
I did a mine on base Mk-27, all works but I am not able to do a drawing that looked naturally. But the most important thing at installation of a minefield game brakes.
LUKNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-10, 06:39 PM   #2630
Elfishgene
Seaman

Downloads: 155

Been playing TMO for a few days now and it's incredible but with the added addition of Pouls sound mod the game just completely blows my mind, i would just like to thank both creators for outstanding contributions both mods are well and truly above and beyond the call of duty, thanks guys!

On a seperate note can anybody recommend any other mods to go with these two? i know thats asking a lot as both are exemplary works but you never know what your missing.
Elfishgene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-10, 11:00 PM   #2631
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfishgene View Post
On a seperate note can anybody recommend any other mods to go with these two? i know thats asking a lot as both are exemplary works but you never know what your missing.
I would suggest the 3D TDC Radar and Range unit. The TDC actually works.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=170944

There is also a training forum to learn how to use it.

God Bless Electric Boat
Old 08-13-10, 03:10 AM   #2632
Elfishgene
Seaman

Fabulous, thanks Roger i can't wait to try it, what would be nice now is the rest of the boats internals is there a mod that adds a torpedo room etc? or am i getting way ahead of myself?
Old 08-13-10, 12:16 PM   #2633
Barkhorn1x
Captain

Downloads: 59

Hello all. Back from a long haitus. Just read the last 20 pages of this thread and d/l'd TMO 2.0. Will be sailing this weekend.

What can one say except you da man Ducimus and I am glad to see that you will do one more round of fixes/upgrades to your masterpience.

Bravo!!
Barkhorn1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-10, 03:23 PM   #2634
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Quote:
Fabulous, thanks Roger i can't wait to try it, what would be nice now is the rest of the boats internals is there a mod that adds a torpedo room etc? or am i getting way ahead of myself?
I don't think anyone is working on a Torpedo Room internal. It might be interesting to watch the crew load torpedoes, but the amount of animation involved would make it a massive undertaking. Have you ever been inside of a torpedo room? Its pretty crowded, to say the least. I can't imagine where you'd position the camera to even get a decent view of what happens there. There are also TWO torpedo rooms - fore and aft, except on 'S'-boats. One more thing - the torpedo rooms are where the crew's 'head' is located. Some might find that offensive.

For the moment, I think the Management/Torpedo screen will give you any needed information.

BT

The 3D TDC mod makes alot of sense of the two RADAR units and how to use them. Even if you never use the TDC (auto-fire control), the RADAR is alot more useful (after you get one).

Good Hunting!

BT
BT
Message ends
Old 08-13-10, 04:21 PM   #2635
Elfishgene
Seaman

Iv'e just loaded the 3D TDC and its not appeared in my Porpoise am i correct in thinking it comes into service later in the war? or is it boat/class related?

I should read up on these things but i just don't have the time sadly
Old 08-13-10, 06:44 PM   #2636
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Quote:
Iv'e just loaded the 3D TDC and its not appeared in my Porpoise am i correct in thinking it comes into service later in the war? or is it boat/class related?

I should read up on these things but i just don't have the time sadly
So far, the TDC will only work for the Gato/Balao interiors. Just for curious, do you have (Surface Search) RADAR installed on your Porpoise? I'm using the same sub in the campaign, and haven't been offered RADAR yet, even after my 3rd patrol. Everybody seems to get Air Search RADAR from the get-go, even S-Boats.

When you get Surface Search RADAR installed, it (RADAR) will probably work as advertised. The TDC 'may' work, but you won't get the realy neat-o 3D TDC screen. Like me, you'll just have to wait until you're offered a Gato sub and the Surface Search RADAR to go with it.

In the meantime, download the 'Submarine School' missions to really learn how to make it all work. Available on the 'Training' forum.

Best of luck!
Old 08-13-10, 08:30 PM   #2637
Elfishgene
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dodger View Post
So far, the TDC will only work for the Gato/Balao interiors. Just for curious, do you have (Surface Search) RADAR installed on your Porpoise? I'm using the same sub in the campaign, and haven't been offered RADAR yet, even after my 3rd patrol. Everybody seems to get Air Search RADAR from the get-go, even S-Boats.

When you get Surface Search RADAR installed, it (RADAR) will probably work as advertised. The TDC 'may' work, but you won't get the realy neat-o 3D TDC screen. Like me, you'll just have to wait until you're offered a Gato sub and the Surface Search RADAR to go with it.

In the meantime, download the 'Submarine School' missions to really learn how to make it all work. Available on the 'Training' forum.

Best of luck!
At the moment i'm just learning the ropes and taking my first patrol as a kinda crash course hardcore tutorial.
As far as i know i left Pearl with a rather basic air detection system (broomhandle with wings) and nothing else. i've had an hour or two tonight (when i could commandeer the TV, looks incredible on a 56 inch HDTV! from the other half lol)) on a few tutorials the TDC and hydrophone only attack vids were very enlightning and i'm slowly getting my head around the complex geometry involved in hunting and tracking over distance, i have to admit it's becoming a bit of an addiction.
Old 08-14-10, 03:40 AM   #2638
sergei
Sea Lord

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dodger View Post
I'm using the same sub in the campaign, and haven't been offered RADAR yet, even after my 3rd patrol.
Keep an eye on the date.
Surface search radar becomes available for upgrade in the summer of '42, around June IIRC.

Quote:
i have to admit it's becoming a bit of an addiction.
Yep - this game gets like that real quick
sergei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-10, 07:02 AM   #2639
LUKNER
Torpedoman

Downloads: 743

Help to find a photo or drawing of a mine of Mk.10 mod.1. Very much it would be desirable to see it in ТМО.

http://www.warships.ru/usa/Weapons/Mines/NavyMines.htm
LUKNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-10, 01:48 PM   #2640
Tweety
Planesman

Downloads: 157
TMO ? Starting Career

I like what I see. Great job to all involved.

I have been playing SH3 for a long time and i thought I would try SH4 again. I feel like a NOOB again.

I have recently downloaded the new TMO v2.0 and installed with no other mods installed.

On pg 8 of the TMO v2.0 manual pdf is says there are 8 career options available. the question I have is.

1. Are these career starting locations available DEC8/41.
2. Is there a certain year when they become available.

When I start DEC8/41 the only options I have available are Pacifac Fleet and Asiatic Fleet.

Is this normal or a bad install.

I would like to start with a more challenging career.

Tweety
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote