SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-07-10, 04:55 PM   #2626
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Hello everyone!
I have a question/observation about OM.
I started my Carreer Aug. 1943 in a Type-IXD2 out of Bordeaux France Atlantic Ocean. My first patrol is in the Indian Ocean off the east coast of Etheopia.
I hope I can pass through the canal because that is where I am heading. Currently in the Med looking to refit.
The first time I tried to submerge to Periscope depth it took almost 5 minutes and Crash Dive is taking over 2 minutes. Is it supposed to take this long? I thought the Type-IX92 could submerge some where around 30 seconds...
Is this something to do with my MOD's? Nothing loading after OM...

Please Advise!

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-10, 05:51 PM   #2627
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
Hello everyone!
I have a question/observation about OM.
I started my Carreer Aug. 1943 in a Type-IXD2 out of Bordeaux France Atlantic Ocean. My first patrol is in the Indian Ocean off the east coast of Etheopia.
I hope I can pass through the canal because that is where I am heading. Currently in the Med looking to refit.
The first time I tried to submerge to Periscope depth it took almost 5 minutes and Crash Dive is taking over 2 minutes. Is it supposed to take this long? I thought the Type-IX92 could submerge some where around 30 seconds...
Is this something to do with my MOD's? Nothing loading after OM...

Please Advise!
Dive times are "as designed"

Quote:
I hope I can pass through the canal because that is where I am heading.
Your going to die
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-10, 08:03 PM   #2628
Rameses
Watch

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 0

i dont like that planes look like little dots.... that i cant see trail back of my ship.... well line that was behind ship gone..... + ships & planes when that was on map looks almost like active... (poor color choises rly ... ) from time to time its hard for me to understand is that a ship that it is or that was.... well ITS JUST NOT COMFORTABLE FOR PLAY! T_T
& by the way how bout adding enemy subs?;o or if they already added where they can be found =) ? ...or its a bad idea?;o

Last edited by Rameses; 07-07-10 at 09:02 PM.
Rameses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-10, 08:58 PM   #2629
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
i dont like that planes look like little dots.... that i cant see trail back of my ship.... well line that was behind ship gone..... + ships & planes when that was on map looks almost like active... (poor color choises rly ... ) from time to time its hard for me to understand is that a ship that it is or that was.... well ITS JUST NOT COMFORTABLE FOR PLAY! T_T

Well I'm sorry that you think its to hard

Deinstall OMEGUv300

go to OMEGU_v300\Data\Menu\Gui\
delete the Units directory
delete DashLine.dds and ContLine.dds

re-install OMEGUv300

You will get "some" off what you want, but the rest in impossible to remove without wrecking in mod.
Old 07-07-10, 09:15 PM   #2630
Rameses
Watch

Downloads: 48

Y! its kinda historical wright & intresting maps butt! ;o for its much more difficult this way! T_T Im kinda still nooby at SH4 and old looking nav-attack maps are better for me now... >_> if i wanna hit ships with torpedoes .... manually *__* at least...
THX for help ^^

By the way... sailing quite a while in west side of england... its may 24 1941... and didnt FIND A BIT ONE LARGE WARSHIP! D: WHY? Where i can find many lagre warships?))
Rameses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-10, 07:36 AM   #2631
Gorshkov
Commodore

Downloads: 139

There is one problem with OM - you cannot find enemy merchants, convoys and task forces in your proximity. As a result you often come back from patrol without any battle engagement except crush-diving after spotting enemy planes. I personally carried out several such fruitless patrols on Atlantic. The same behavior I found in RSRDC - three patrols on-board S-class sub in 1941-42 (Asiatic Fleet) and only one Japanese destroyer met. In the stock campaign you have much more opportunities to sink enemy vessels because ocean is more "populated".

As for lack of ship's direction mark you can accelerate time for a while and see how dot moves on the navigation map assuming you have automatic map update feature enabled. You can find the course that way.

Last edited by Gorshkov; 07-08-10 at 08:04 AM.
Gorshkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-10, 09:51 PM   #2632
ivank
The Old Man

Downloads: 284

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3 View Post
Your going to die

Leutnant z. S. David U. Ziegler
U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

ivank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-10, 04:11 AM   #2633
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
OK, I am a total nub but but I really like this MOD and didn't want to dump it just because of dive times. So, this is what I did...

After fudging the numbers around in the NSS_Uboat9d2.sim these are the dive times I was able to obtain.
Periscope Depth command time until Tower is submerged = 2 min 5 sec.
Dive command time until Towere is submerged = 1 min.
Crash Dive command time until Tower is submerged = 33 sec.

All times listed above are based on the boat moving at 12 kts (Ahead Standard, Battery's are fully charged).

I also adjusted drafts to spec's I could find. Surfaced = -5.4, Submerged = -7.2 total height keel to top of tower = 12.6 meters (I think should be more like 15 meters)
The boat sits in the water right at waterline now without speed loss.

Not sure if this is all correct but IMO the dive times are far more accurate then before. Now when radar detects a inbound aircraft, I can be submerged before it can get a visual on me. They still drop bombs on me but no where near as accurate as before. Before the change they damaged me every time. Now they damage maybe 25% of the time.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-10, 12:03 PM   #2634
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorshkov View Post
There is one problem with OM - you cannot find enemy merchants, convoys and task forces in your proximity. As a result you often come back from patrol without any battle engagement except crush-diving after spotting enemy planes. I personally carried out several such fruitless patrols on Atlantic. The same behavior I found in RSRDC - three patrols on-board S-class sub in 1941-42 (Asiatic Fleet) and only one Japanese destroyer met. In the stock campaign you have much more opportunities to sink enemy vessels because ocean is more "populated".

As for lack of ship's direction mark you can accelerate time for a while and see how dot moves on the navigation map assuming you have automatic map update feature enabled. You can find the course that way.
I have found OM to provide plenty of targets. Been running it since V100 and the campaign is very nicely done.

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-10, 01:47 PM   #2635
jaxa
The Old Man

Downloads: 418

Where can I find list of all ships and planes from the OM?
jaxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-10, 03:46 PM   #2636
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxa View Post
Where can I find list of all ships and planes from the OM?
After install of OM, go to Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Roster and look at the "names.cfg" file.
Old 07-09-10, 05:39 PM   #2637
green_abobo
Sparky

Downloads: 50

just running OM basic package. terrific mod.

i like the variety of merchants.

is there a fix for the recognition manual alternate view(s) missing? (45 degree angle) or the one's that are blank?

just curious. thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
Where i can find many lagre warships?))
*cough*

scapa flow

green_abobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-10, 06:03 PM   #2638
etheberge
Watch Officer

Downloads: 614
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_abobo View Post
just running OM basic package. terrific mod.

i like the variety of merchants.

is there a fix for the recognition manual alternate view(s) missing? (45 degree angle) or the one's that are blank?
I re-did the silhouettes for the OM rec manual a while back and also added the 45 and 0 degree views.

You can find the mod here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...09&postcount=1

There's a small handful of ships that aren't done (mostly trawlers and such) but that's because they were added after I last updated the mod.

11 War Patrols / 56 ships sunk or damaged for 212,022 tons
Zero casualties throughout the war
Scuttled on 8 May, 1945 in Sonderburg Bay, after German surrender
etheberge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-10, 11:47 AM   #2639
jaxa
The Old Man

Downloads: 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3 View Post
After install of OM, go to Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Roster and look at the "names.cfg" file.
Thanks lurker
Is it possible in next versions of your megamod to fix museum and make possibility for watching all objects in museum?
jaxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-10, 01:22 PM   #2640
Gorshkov
Commodore

Downloads: 139

Can you give some idea about time compression's influence over detection of enemy assets in SH4 and/or OM?
Gorshkov is offline   Reply With Quote