SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-23-13, 09:03 AM   #2551
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjizzle View Post
i have question

somebody will try to calculate his position with this new sextant ?
joke of the day?

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-13, 09:16 AM   #2552
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjizzle View Post
i have question

somebody will try to calculate his position with this new sextant ?
I'm almost done with it. I've noticed that if you don't take your readings with the star/celestial body right in the middle of the scope (vertical crosshair) the readings are distorted. Has to do with how game projects 3D scene onto 2D surface (monitor)
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-13, 09:20 AM   #2553
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I'm almost done with it. I've noticed that if you don't take your readings with the star/celestial body right in the middle of the scope (vertical crosshair) the readings are distorted. Has to do with how game projects 3D scene onto 2D surface (monitor)
i am waiting to test it with that new UZO option i need to make a mission with calm sea no wind and waves cos with waves it's damn hard to make a good mesurement
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-13, 09:47 AM   #2554
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

when i mesure the moon with 0.5, 0.8, 1 pass 100% then must pass also by stars ( i think so )

for a better res. here and here

Old 07-23-13, 05:45 PM   #2555
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
EDIT:
Back with your latest patcher version, none of my others missions are crashing. So i'm sure it's coming from this special lifeboat mission.
As i said, probably too many sounds involved when hearing via the hydrostation, and my sound card can't handle them all (i guess).

I love the accuracy of your new hydro patch, so you did a fantastic job on that!
I keep the latest one finally...
Maybe you could tell me more about the lifeboat mission, and find out what is making this one crash...
Has nothing to do with amount of sounds and/or units. The problem is, err was, dead units. I've adjusted the Broken hydro patch to account for dead units. I'll be releasing new test version here soon. Just a couple more things to code in.
Old 07-23-13, 05:47 PM   #2556
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456

Quote:
Has nothing to do with amount of sounds and/or units. The problem is, err was, dead units. I've adjusted the Broken hydro patch to account for dead units. I'll be releasing new test version here soon. Just a couple more things to code in.
Hey, that's good news
At least it helped find an other hydro bug, about those dead units
Fifi is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-13, 06:06 PM   #2557
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Hey, that's good news
At least it helped find an other hydro bug, about those dead units
That hydro bug was caused by my code. I was bound to get a bug somewhere. At least it was easy enough to find.

What makes me happy is the bug was not due to my new code that uses recursion It was the old-new broken hydro code.
Old 07-23-13, 07:38 PM   #2558
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v1.0.142.0 released. See post #1

Starting with v1.0.142.0 Added new commands to the game. Added patch to SH5.exe that allows submarines and environmentals to be 'heard' on the hydrophone (Submarine and Environmental will show in hydro box). Fixed CTD that could happen in the Broken hydro patch for SH5.exe when the hydrophone needle passes over a dead unit.
Old 07-23-13, 11:11 PM   #2559
Captain73
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
v1.0.142.0 released. See post #1

Starting with v1.0.142.0 Added new commands to the game. Added patch to SH5.exe that allows submarines and environmentals to be 'heard' on the hydrophone (Submarine and Environmental will show in hydro box). Fixed CTD that could happen in the Broken hydro patch for SH5.exe when the hydrophone needle passes over a dead unit.
Hello Dark!
Bug report to the nearest contact is fixed in the latest version?

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=3600

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=3602
Old 07-24-13, 12:41 AM   #2560
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain73 View Post
Hello Dark!
Bug report to the nearest contact is fixed in the latest version?

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=3600

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=3602
Still pondering how to determine if contact closing/retreating from player's sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Good point. But this brings another topic: if we got to trust the following sources, in real life neither the UZO nor the obs scope had any stadimeter:

QUICK NOTES ABOUT GERMAN WW2 U-BOAT OPTICS (pdf document)
post by Frederf on this forum

Would be cool if TDW could get rid of them

v1.0.143.0 released. See post #1

Starting with v1.0.143.0 Added a new patch to the sh5.exe: Stadimeter can only be used at Attack scope or UZO (as Sextant)
Old 07-24-13, 05:07 AM   #2561
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Still pondering how to determine if contact closing/retreating from player's sub
Can't you set three volatile variables, and store in them unit ID, exact range and estimated range of the last target whose range was estimated?

- For each new range estimation compare the stored unit ID with the new unit ID;

if they are matching:

- If new exact range > stored exact range, min new estimated (random) range = stored estimated range

- If new exact range < stored exact range, max new estimated (random) range = stored estimated range

Moreover I wonder if you could implemet the below idea by Sartoris idea as an option of your patch:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=3603

Quote:
v1.0.143.0 released. See post #1

Starting with v1.0.143.0 Added a new patch to the sh5.exe: Stadimeter can only be used at Attack scope or UZO (as Sextant)
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-13, 09:40 AM   #2562
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Can't you set three volatile variables, and store in them unit ID, exact range and estimated range of the last target whose range was estimated?
Yes I could but everything will get screwed up if player chooses one contact, bounces over to another, comes back to first contact, etc.

That still doesn't help with contact either closing/retreating in respect to player's sub.

In order to make this 100% correct I need to add new variables to the units of the game (increase the amount of memory requested for each unit). That will be HIGHLY experimental because if I fail to find every place where a unit is created then I could be trampling on memory unrelated to the unit

It might be best just to convert that patch into returning short range, medium range, and long range.
Old 07-24-13, 12:21 PM   #2563
Sartoris
Captain

Downloads: 106

Quote:
Yes I could but everything will get screwed up if player chooses one contact, bounces over to another, comes back to first contact, etc.

That still doesn't help with contact either closing/retreating in respect to player's sub.

In order to make this 100% correct I need to add new variables to the units of the game (increase the amount of memory requested for each unit). That will be HIGHLY experimental because if I fail to find every place where a unit is created then I could be trampling on memory unrelated to the unit

It might be best just to convert that patch into returning short range, medium range, and long range.
Yes, I think that would be best.
Sartoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-13, 01:13 PM   #2564
pelucho25
Loader

Downloads: 1395

Hello captains, one can climb a snapshot of TDW GenericPatcher? It appears that the link is not working Sober.
pelucho25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-13, 01:35 PM   #2565
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelucho25 View Post
Hello captains, one can climb a snapshot of TDW GenericPatcher? It appears that the link is not working Sober.

take a look at my how to use generic patcher thread

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=205620