SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-08, 01:03 PM   #241
Herr Limpet
Watch

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Gizmo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Limpet
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, and maybe it's only a problem on my install, but I notice that the F1 (Help) categories are incomplete on my GW Gold. Starting with "Enemies Of Germany" (no enemy list) and then the remaining selections - such as Flotilla News, for instance - have no info.
Anyone else show the same?
Try having a look here.
That was it C.G. Thanks for the link.
Old 12-30-08, 01:19 PM   #242
headbang
Nub

Downloads: 19

Greetings all.

I'm hoping someone out there can help me.

Let me start by saying I am brand new to SH3 so I am not familiar with all mods, mod organizers, etc so please keep any explanations simple.

I have the SH3 disk with ver 1.4. Last week I installed the program and GWX 2.0 without any problem. Today I removed SH3 through Control Panel and all related files I could find. I have reinstalled SH3 from the disk and downloaded all GWX 3.0 files. When I attempt to install GWX I get an error ... 'Modifications installed via JSGME were found. Please disable all mods before continuing.'

I'm confused. I've deleted all files to attempt a fresh install. I wouldnt think there would be any mods present. I assume there are some files leftover but I don't know what they would be.

Any suggestions????

By the way, this SH community is very impressive. Reminds me of the days I was a hardcore Falcon 3.0 guy. I'll keep searching through the forums but I greatly appreciate any help.
Old 12-30-08, 01:59 PM   #243
Herr Limpet
Watch

Downloads: 9

Greetings headbang -
First thing that comes to mind is the SH3 folder in My Documents (XP) or Documents (Vista). Did you delete that one? :hmm:
Old 12-30-08, 02:07 PM   #244
headbang
Nub

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Limpet
Greetings headbang -
First thing that comes to mind is the SH3 folder in My Documents (XP) or Documents (Vista). Did you delete that one? :hmm:
Thanks for the reply. I think I have it taken care of. I found a Mods folder within the SH3 folder. I removed that and GWX seemed to install fine.

Thanks,
Headbang
Old 12-30-08, 03:05 PM   #245
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis
Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94
Quote:
and not what KL was talking about when he said "polygon problem"
hello olc, the last days i was trying to find from where these 'polygons' are altered but i finally... give up ! in fact , i think they are very....
so,can you tell me where are they located please?

bye
I'm not sure I understand your question but I'll try to answer it.

The only way to alter the shape of the polygons themselves is to start changing wave shapes, like PT did in his water mod. But that affects sensors, physics... all sorts of things. For GWX3 I didn't alter the polygons at all, I just brightened the water so that the contrast between the bright polygons and the water colour "underneath" them is much less. The end result is that the polygons are technically still there but you can hardly see/notice them.
yes ,i understand that you did that but i am asking where are located the relevant lines that adjusting these polygons and ,basicaly, i am more interesting in which lines adjust the COLOUR of these polygons ( i made a dozen of new waters but they ALWAYS there , i switced off all the reflections and there are still there , if only i knew where they hiding ...i will totaly switched them off)

bye
Old 12-30-08, 03:39 PM   #246
Dani
Helmsman

Downloads: 349

First I wish all of you happy holidays and congratulate you on you're new supermod edition.
The water textures are great!

BUT....
The polygons are still visible with GWX 3.Maybe not so often and clear as on the first photo in the first post (named before) ,but the are there.
Is it posible that on of the following mods triggers the polygons reapear:

ANZACMICKS DAMAGE IMMERSION
LifeBoats&Debris_v3B
Rowers_for_LifeBoats&Debris_v3B
GWX_ships_Buoyance&draught_mod

And secondly,something is wrong with the face/hands/shirts contrast at night on the tower watch crew.
The faces are almost black and the hands/shirts are to bright.

Loving GWX since 2.0

Cheers

P.S. If there are any wrong spelling, sorry for my english
Old 12-30-08, 04:53 PM   #247
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
and not what KL was talking about when he said "polygon problem"
hello olc, the last days i was trying to find from where these 'polygons' are altered but i finally... give up ! in fact , i think they are very....
so,can you tell me where are they located please?

bye
I'm not sure I understand your question but I'll try to answer it.

The only way to alter the shape of the polygons themselves is to start changing wave shapes, like PT did in his water mod. But that affects sensors, physics... all sorts of things. For GWX3 I didn't alter the polygons at all, I just brightened the water so that the contrast between the bright polygons and the water colour "underneath" them is much less. The end result is that the polygons are technically still there but you can hardly see/notice them.
yes ,i understand that you did that but i am asking where are located the relevant lines that adjusting these polygons and ,basicaly, i am more interesting in which lines adjust the COLOUR of these polygons ( i made a dozen of new waters but they ALWAYS there , i switced off all the reflections and there are still there , if only i knew where they hiding ...i will totaly switched them off)

bye
Alright.

The water is coloured by two colour entries in the envcolor.dat files. They are called WaterLightColor and WaterDarkColor. The former determines the colour of the water when viewed at a shallow angle (camera looking toward the horizon) and the latter determines the colour of the water when viewed from a steep angle (camera pointing straight down at the water). The fresnel coefficient and coefficient multipliers in scene.dat will "bias" the colour e.g. a high fresnel value will mean you see more of the WaterDarkColor and less of the WaterLightColour. The scale of the water bumpmap in scene.dat will determine the size and shape of the water "ripples" (each of which tends to show the WaterLightColor on one side and the WaterDarkColor on the other side, at intermediate camera angles). Note that by "ripples" I am not talking about polygons. I'm getting to that.

Laid over the water is a reflection map. The sky reflection is a TGA stored in the skycolor.dat files and the ship/cloud/particle/etc reflections are added to that. Then the whole reflective layer is adjusted in brightness by various scene.dat settings (e.g. reflection bias) then distorted by the same bumpmap which gives the "ripples" mentioned above, then finally the reflective layer is "moulded" over the waves. The transparency of the reflective layer is determined by the angle of each water polygon and by the fresnel and normal settings in scene.dat. If the reflective layer is partially (or fully) transparent on a given polygon, then the LightWaterColor and DarkWaterColor will show through the reflective layer on that polygon. If both of those colours are much darker than the reflective layer, then you'll get the "polygon problem" which is where one polygon is very reflective (bright) and another polygon right next to it is not reflective (dark).

End of questions.
Or, more correctly, I suppose I should say: end of answers. Good luck.
Old 12-30-08, 05:00 PM   #248
abclkhan
Loader

Downloads: 169

Hello Fellows

Im getting clear skies on rainy days. No clouds at all. Using GWX3 and SH3 commander. How do I fix it?
thank you
Old 12-30-08, 05:14 PM   #249
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

ohhh,....that was too much for me !! i think i got the picture olc ....meaning that i will have to take it as it is and we have to live with these 'polygons' . very compicated for my knowledge but ,anyway, thank you for the info

bye
Old 12-30-08, 07:04 PM   #250
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I love it! I tried to download it at the local city library, and it tells me at least 2 hours for the first part, and at least 20 hours for the full one from BTS, and I'm limited to 1-hour sessions . So I come to the university library and it tells me 3 minutes for the first part, so I cancel it and download the whole thing in 20 minutes!

WOOHOO!

Now I have to take it home and load it up, and spend New Year's day playing!
Old 12-30-08, 08:55 PM   #251
Chisum
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 86

Many thanks about your last baby.
You have made a monstruous job with the greatest precision, passionnate as no one else and you are also very generous.
You give us this wonderfull GWX 3.0 GOLD, now let me tell you: you are a GOLD TEAM.
I love you all.

Last edited by Chisum; 12-30-08 at 09:05 PM.
Old 12-30-08, 09:23 PM   #252
Ping Jockey
Medic

Downloads: 294

Thanks for a great job on GWX 3.0!! Is it me or do the ships blow up more in GWX 3.0? The GWX team has really made SH3 rock!!
Old 12-31-08, 05:10 AM   #253
Rotor
Torpedoman

Downloads: 51

Thanks for all and happy new year!
Old 12-31-08, 05:38 AM   #254
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani
And secondly,something is wrong with the face/hands/shirts contrast at night on the tower watch crew. The faces are almost black and the hands/shirts are to bright. Loving GWX since 2.0 Cheers. P.S. If there are any wrong spelling, sorry for my english
hello Dani,

I discovered the same oddity. perhaps OLC fixes it. in the meantime I use "OLCE2 Adjusted GWX 2.1 Crew Skins" from OLC's Ubermod. with that it looks better, I think.

greetings h.sie
Old 12-31-08, 09:37 AM   #255
Bosje
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 89

Uhm ok this is just to verify something, I never actually used a VIIC\41 before during a career

I got SH3Commander set up on GWX 3.0 and enabled the gwx type VIIc\41 in jsgme, started a new career in SH3Commander with presets for date, flotilla and type. launched the game and took her out on patrol

all the ingame screens (patrol orders, base main screen, update screen etc) insist that i have a VIIC, but when I tried to upgrade to a VIIC/41 it said: 'you already have it!'

the 3D model is the correct VIIC/41 but of course, it would be because i enabled that model in jsgme

so what I want to know: what boat am I riding exactly?
one option is to take her down to 350 meters and see what happens, but I've seen my old trusty VIIC go off the scale and come back, so even that would not give me conclusive evidence

any suggestions?
cheers