SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-16-07, 12:24 PM   #2491
The Munster
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfling04
Thanks for the info on the TC, thought i remembered it being 4096x ohwell thanks gentlemen
Wow 4096 ! Wouldn't you go dizzy travelling the Ocean at that speed ? :rotfl:

GWX Team Member; Retired
GWX Home Page

The Munster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 12:24 PM   #2492
none
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

Hi

First of all a big thank you for your work you have done. its simply impressing. i just had a small look on gwx2, so i cant say more

Ive a small question: There is no "bow splash"-sound available to me. Thats the sound when your bow dives into the water and comes back to surface. I guess its called "Wave bad weather"-sound in the sound folder, because when playing the un-modded SH3 its there and sounds equal.

How to get back that sound in gwx2.0? Or is it just the volume you lowered so I cant hear that sound anymore?
none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 01:31 PM   #2493
donw
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 25

GREAT JOB TEAM!!
I was just leaving Kiel...as another VIIC was inbound thru the canal, heading for Holtenou (Across fro Kiel)...

But we REALLY need to spend more time in training these young Pups! They pulled into the slip, jumped off the boat, and left the Engine on "Ahead Standard" !!

...The grinding noises continued for a minute or two, then abruptly stopped, as she sank in the SLIP!! Too Funny!! :rotfl:

donw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 01:34 PM   #2494
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Lol, I think they were distracted by your flashy paintjob. :rotfl:
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 01:43 PM   #2495
donw
Sonar Guy

LOL...I have an Uncle named Otto that is head of the Painter's Shop! Bet they all took off there to negotiate a bribe to fix them up too!!

*for the record* thats a skin made by SWCowboy, who does some really good work. He has many more at his website if anybody's interested...

And if you want a REALLY good laugh...take a look here at a little "prank" I pulled on none other than our own LaughingSwordfish" who in WaW, goes by the name of Ralph Bunsen, and I am Heinrich Willenbrock

http://wolvesatwar.org/radioroom/index.php?topic=117.60

It starts on page 5 reply #70 and goes to page 6 reply 78
(Hope you don't have to register to read it)

I'm just WAITING for a payback on THAT one! :rotfl:
Old 12-16-07, 01:44 PM   #2496
shevlin
Nub

Downloads: 34

You know, i am well jealous of you lot who have succeeded even getting past the patching to 1.4b!!!!
i did the donation download, not regretting it the least for all the hard work neal and co do for this site.....
has anybody got a 100% way of installing, reinstalling and patching etc... way of doing it as i have just give up and just play it with the odd mod running.
oh, i have done everything which has been suggested on this site even attempting to go back to XP but running a sata drive and a asus MOBO which is a pain in the ass to get the sata drive to be recognised... yes, done that....F6 but to no avail. endless floppy disks always missing a certain file...
i would not be suprised if i am not alone on this problem....
all the best....
shevlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 02:18 PM   #2497
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome aboard Kaleun shevlin

There are full and comprehensive installation instructions in the manual and the GWX website (available below and also by clicking on my sig)

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 02:20 PM   #2498
donw
Sonar Guy

I don't know what to tell ya Mate...I really don't. It sounds like you "had" Vista" but have tried going back to XP...I just had a full system meltdown, and had to reload everything from scratch. I would hope that before you started loading anything, that you went to MS's website, and got ALL the critical updates?

other than that, I just followed the directions...and had no problems.
Old 12-16-07, 02:48 PM   #2499
shevlin
Nub

Downloads: 34

i have been lurking on this site for a long time as well as playing this game as long as i can remember.
i have done what has been advised on this site but to no avail.
at this minute, just tried again to upgrade to GWX 2 but crashed 3/4 through so now downloading fresh files just in case i got corrupted ones.
i am not giving up!!!!
shevlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 02:50 PM   #2500
donw
Sonar Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shevlin
i have been lurking on this site for a long time as well as playing this game as long as i can remember.
i have done what has been advised on this site but to no avail.
at this minute, just tried again to upgrade to GWX 2 but crashed 3/4 through so now downloading fresh files just in case i got corrupted ones.
i am not giving up!!!!
Well...I didn't do the check on mine Mate...but I WOULD highly recommend you to check the hash file comparisons on yours...it does sound like corrupt downloads, and that check will confirm it
Old 12-16-07, 03:12 PM   #2501
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Patch 1.04b problem encountered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann
Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait

I just completed the downloads, and now begins the (for me) arduous task of uninstalling the "old" and anxiously installing the "new". I can't wait to see the changes.

I'm one of the old school developers who practiced the art of programming long before the Internet and any form of email, so I guess that makes me a dinosaur of sorts. That means I can't truely appreciate the level of effort, but I know it didn't come without the tears and love required to create something of this complexity. If there are "bugs", I for one promise only to praise the effort and make no complaint. The donation was a nice touch - we can never give enough to repay Neal for his services, but I'm glad for the opportunity to help a little.

GWX 1.0 has been my only addiction since it's release, and SHIII before that. I love this game/sim, and appreciate the craft you all have put into it. I only hope your families still talk to you after all the time you spent on it.

Many, many thanks, on behalf of the GWX user community, including the ingrates, bitchers, and cheats. In their own way I'm sure they appreciate your efforts too. And now, I prepare to depart on a new campaign - watch for small wakes!
Thanks for your good thoughts mate. Enjoy yourself and happy hunting. If you do dave any problems, just let us know and we'll get you sorted.

Happy hunting mate.
I'm going to take you up on your kind offer. I did a successful uninstall of both GWX 1.03 and SH3 Commander, ran a utility from Pareto Logic called RegCure that cleans out the register for me, defragged the disk, and reinstalled the SH3 base DVD (excluding the add-on patch "utility"). Next I tried to apply patch 1.04b, but got the following message:

"This program cannot update the installed version of Silent Hunter III US DVD v1.0 to v1.3 because of the following reason: C:\Program Files/Ubisoft/SilentHunterIII\data\menu\de_help.txt: unknown version"

This sounds like either something didn't get deleted on the uninstall, or it was a bad install (it said it was successful), or ???

Does anyone have any suggestions? thanks in advance!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 03:18 PM   #2502
KeptinCranky
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 3

Did you delete the sh3 folders from the install path and from "my documents" because this error is usually caused by the sh3 folder in my documents.
KeptinCranky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 03:31 PM   #2503
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Go into C\Program Files etc and manually delete it

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 03:39 PM   #2504
Nerazzurri
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 47

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann
Quote:

I just completed the downloads, and now begins the (for me) arduous task of uninstalling the "old" and anxiously installing the "new". I can't wait to see the changes.

I'm one of the old school developers who practiced the art of programming long before the Internet and any form of email, so I guess that makes me a dinosaur of sorts. That means I can't truely appreciate the level of effort, but I know it didn't come without the tears and love required to create something of this complexity. If there are "bugs", I for one promise only to praise the effort and make no complaint. The donation was a nice touch - we can never give enough to repay Neal for his services, but I'm glad for the opportunity to help a little.

GWX 1.0 has been my only addiction since it's release, and SHIII before that. I love this game/sim, and appreciate the craft you all have put into it. I only hope your families still talk to you after all the time you spent on it.

Many, many thanks, on behalf of the GWX user community, including the ingrates, bitchers, and cheats. In their own way I'm sure they appreciate your efforts too. And now, I prepare to depart on a new campaign - watch for small wakes!
Thanks for your good thoughts mate. Enjoy yourself and happy hunting. If you do dave any problems, just let us know and we'll get you sorted.

Happy hunting mate.
I'm going to take you up on your kind offer. I did a successful uninstall of both GWX 1.03 and SH3 Commander, ran a utility from Pareto Logic called RegCure that cleans out the register for me, defragged the disk, and reinstalled the SH3 base DVD (excluding the add-on patch "utility"). Next I tried to apply patch 1.04b, but got the following message:

"This program cannot update the installed version of Silent Hunter III US DVD v1.0 to v1.3 because of the following reason: C:\Program Files/Ubisoft/SilentHunterIII\data\menu\de_help.txt: unknown version"

This sounds like either something didn't get deleted on the uninstall, or it was a bad install (it said it was successful), or ???

Does anyone have any suggestions? thanks in advance!
First of all, UBI have a misprint in the patch. When you try to install it says upgrade to 1.3 when in fact it is the 1.4 patch.

Second I read here or the UBI forum that 1.4 and 1.4b are one and the same thing. Apparently 1.4b hass something to do with a multiplayer game.

Another suggestion is delating the de_help.txt because the patch will add another one anyway.

Hope that helps a bit.
Old 12-16-07, 03:54 PM   #2505
donw
Sonar Guy

Quote:
I did a successful uninstall of both GWX 1.03 and SH3 Commander, ran a utility from Pareto Logic called RegCure that cleans out the register for me, defragged the disk, and reinstalled the SH3 base DVD (excluding the add-on patch "utility"). Next I tried to apply patch 1.04b, but got the following message:
Pardon me for butting in here...but its very important to have a very clear understanding of what you mean or done...(rather than what you typed)

No where above did you say you un-installed SH3.

Every remnant of SH3 must be done away with, before you start a fresh install of the game, the 1.4 patch and GWX 2.0

If thats not clear...by all means, come back here and let us know, and we'll all try to help all we can

*edit* And what is this exactly? "(excluding the add-on patch "utility"). ?????