SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-26-10, 11:35 PM   #2476
Salvadoreno
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 119
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3 View Post
This is the one I personally use:

[RealismPercentage]
LimitedBatteriesRealismPercentage=34
LimitedCompressedAirRealismPercentage=2
LimitedO2RealismPercentage=14
LimitedFuelRealismPercentage=16
RealisticRepairTimeRealismPercentage=15
ManualTargetingSystemRealismPercentage=0
NoMapUpdateRealismPercentage=0
RealisticSensorsRealismPercentage=13
DudTorpedoesRealismPercentage=0
RealisticReloadRealismPercentage=6
NoEventCameraRealismPercentage=0
NoExternalViewRealismPercentage=0
NoStabilizeViewRealismPercentage=0
MPShowPlayerNamesRealismPercentage=0
MPShowTorpedoesRealismPercentage=0

Lurker how does that change the gameplay? I was thinking of using your settings but dont know exactlly what those percentages mean and what it will effect.. More realism?
Old 04-27-10, 11:02 AM   #2477
Matt86
Sailor man

Downloads: 144

August22 (in base), 1st flotilla, U150 VIIC out of Brest.

OpsMonsun_v705
OMv705_to_v720
OMv720_Patch4
OM_Plot_v402

Returned from a successful patrol and get a conning tower refit. Great say I, but in the office I notice I can no longer access hogans alley- its somewhere behind 'RADIO AND LISTENING ROOMS'.
Hmmm, then I go to kit my sub out... and my only options are torpedos and flack guns- no mention of anything else not even hydrophones!

I save then accept my next mission to AE76 but no matter what speed setting, submerged or surfaced I get a 'cannot comply' message and no forward (or backward) motion. No damage and its repeatable. I checked for updates and upgraded to patch 4 from patch 3 but no change what-so-ever.

Is there hope for my career? Thank you
Matt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-10, 11:22 AM   #2478
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt86 View Post
August22 (in base), 1st flotilla, U150 VIIC out of Brest.

OpsMonsun_v705
OMv705_to_v720
OMv720_Patch4
OM_Plot_v402

Returned from a successful patrol and get a conning tower refit. Great say I, but in the office I notice I can no longer access hogans alley- its somewhere behind 'RADIO AND LISTENING ROOMS'.
Hmmm, then I go to kit my sub out... and my only options are torpedos and flack guns- no mention of anything else not even hydrophones!

I save then accept my next mission to AE76 but no matter what speed setting, submerged or surfaced I get a 'cannot comply' message and no forward (or backward) motion. No damage and its repeatable. I checked for updates and upgraded to patch 4 from patch 3 but no change what-so-ever.

Is there hope for my career? Thank you
Corrupted save, there is nothing you can do about it. Sorry
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-10, 03:15 PM   #2479
col_Kurtz
XO

Downloads: 341
Default Main map localization...

Hi lurker...

I know, you are very busy. But this is a quick question.
Where is the main map, I mean file, I don`t know is .dds or something else. I`m looking for this and I can`t figure out where is

I mean this map

Any help will be apreciated, Sir

DRM it`s a horror, horror... col. Kurtz Apocalypse Now
WinXP Pro SP3 2x1GB Geil 800Mhz DDR2, ATI 4850 Asus Top, E2160 1.80 Ghz overlocked to 2.79Ghz MoBo Asus P5b
col_Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-10, 06:55 AM   #2480
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by col_Kurtz View Post
Hi lurker...

I know, you are very busy. But this is a quick question.
Where is the main map, I mean file, I don`t know is .dds or something else. I`m looking for this and I can`t figure out where is

I mean this map

Any help will be apreciated, Sir
I don't think there is just one .dds file for the map, has I have not seen one my self
Old 04-28-10, 11:41 AM   #2481
col_Kurtz
XO

Downloads: 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3 View Post
I don't think there is just one .dds file for the map, has I have not seen one my self
Thanks

Now I now why can`t find it

DRM it`s a horror, horror... col. Kurtz Apocalypse Now
WinXP Pro SP3 2x1GB Geil 800Mhz DDR2, ATI 4850 Asus Top, E2160 1.80 Ghz overlocked to 2.79Ghz MoBo Asus P5b
col_Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-10, 11:27 AM   #2482
Salvadoreno
Grey Wolf

Just a little OpMon moment i wanted to share...

Leaving St Nazaire in July 1943 my new VIIC with its new crew slowly and cautiously crept out of the harbor and into the Bay. About 20-30 minutes out of the harbor we encountered our first British airplane! With battle stations ready, to shallow to dive, the nervous crew aimed their guns at the goliath in the sky that dove towards us.. Luckily with full speed ahead, some emergancy manuvers, and heavy flak fire the Sunderland limped away on fire without scoring a hit. After that encounter the captain decided to risk it in shallow waters..

Well now the best part. After about an hour underwater our hydrophone operator picked up at destroyer at long range and closing fast! I thought to myself the british couldnt have hunter-killer groups out already?! With hardly any room to dive i raised my periscope to see what i was against. In the distance i saw a large group of ships but could only make out a destroyer... But then i saw heavy AA fire shooting into the sky... Hmm no reports of German airplanes in the area today. Then a huge orange flash in the sky and the plane goes down. Oh no a poor german pilot had gone down! As the group of ships drew closer i made some out to be merchants.. A brit convoy passing so close to the bay? Then i put it all together. It was a small german konvoi trying to transit the bay and make it south! The british were not making the job easy!!! (no free look on ) I stayed underwater not wanting to risk my uboat but i watched the carnage as british plane after plane came in after the konvoi diving down on the poor formation and scoring a few hits on some merchants. Staying the course i kept my periscope up to watch. A sunderlane came screaming down unnoticed by the merchants and destroyers who were firing at another plane and i saw a large explosion followed by pieces of ship and smoke shooting into the air. By then i had seen enough and lowered my persicope. The mood very somber in the boot.. The hydrophone operator heard the dying ships final moments. Not a good start to our first patrol.. And i could only think to myself how many more the british would claim today...
Old 04-29-10, 01:33 PM   #2483
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Welcome to '43 it only gets worse, remember we are playing on the losing side.

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-10, 01:42 PM   #2484
cgjimeneza
Captain

Downloads: 145
Default Black May

My fellow almost countryman (I was born in San Salvador)... if you can get a copy of Black May, a story on how the allies got the tech upper hand no the uboats, do... its very dry reading but the tech part is quite fascinating... specially the acoustic torpedoes....

the Germans were allways there, but damm they got the smelly end of the stick... the happy years were long gone.

C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvadoreno View Post
Just a little OpMon moment i wanted to share...

Leaving St Nazaire in July 1943 my new VIIC with its new crew slowly and cautiously crept out of the harbor and into the Bay. About 20-30 minutes out of the harbor we encountered our first British airplane! With battle stations ready, to shallow to dive, the nervous crew aimed their guns at the goliath in the sky that dove towards us.. Luckily with full speed ahead, some emergancy manuvers, and heavy flak fire the Sunderland limped away on fire without scoring a hit. After that encounter the captain decided to risk it in shallow waters..

Well now the best part. After about an hour underwater our hydrophone operator picked up at destroyer at long range and closing fast! I thought to myself the british couldnt have hunter-killer groups out already?! With hardly any room to dive i raised my periscope to see what i was against. In the distance i saw a large group of ships but could only make out a destroyer... But then i saw heavy AA fire shooting into the sky... Hmm no reports of German airplanes in the area today. Then a huge orange flash in the sky and the plane goes down. Oh no a poor german pilot had gone down! As the group of ships drew closer i made some out to be merchants.. A brit convoy passing so close to the bay? Then i put it all together. It was a small german konvoi trying to transit the bay and make it south! The british were not making the job easy!!! (no free look on ) I stayed underwater not wanting to risk my uboat but i watched the carnage as british plane after plane came in after the konvoi diving down on the poor formation and scoring a few hits on some merchants. Staying the course i kept my periscope up to watch. A sunderlane came screaming down unnoticed by the merchants and destroyers who were firing at another plane and i saw a large explosion followed by pieces of ship and smoke shooting into the air. By then i had seen enough and lowered my persicope. The mood very somber in the boot.. The hydrophone operator heard the dying ships final moments. Not a good start to our first patrol.. And i could only think to myself how many more the british would claim today...

"Left on their own, engineers can be dangerous"
cgjimeneza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-10, 06:34 PM   #2485
Salvadoreno
Grey Wolf

Ahh well hello almost paisa!

Yes i have actually read quite a bit about the Atlantic War and i know it was coming. OpMon captures the mood very well. I picked up Hitlers Uboat War The Hunters but i cant bring myself to pick up The Hunted.. I really do get sad reading about a fight those poor sailors had no chance of winning.. Specially when you realize the casualty rates being in the Uboat Arm... Poor poor souls.. Well unfortunately due to my comp and stupid STEAM i abandoned that mission because of freezes... Gonna go pick up a 12$ box set soon so i can actually enjoy OpMon and OMEGU without the freezes!! Happy Hunting paisas!!!
Old 04-29-10, 07:10 PM   #2486
cgjimeneza
Captain

Downloads: 145
Default yep, the hunted...

yes, the hunted can break your heart, how they tried and died.

those two volumes are quite different from silent victory, heavily documented but the amount of killed subs is too much...

and paisa shouldnt be a bit to the south of El salvador and north of CR???

"Left on their own, engineers can be dangerous"
cgjimeneza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-10, 08:45 PM   #2487
ReDRuM71
Mate

Downloads: 18

Hello Skippers

It has been awhile since I've played SH4, but I'm back. I need a little help if you dont mind. I am trying to run OM, but it keeps CTD after the loading screen. Here is some details, hope they help you help me

Running 1.5
Installed w/ JSME in this order:
V705
V705 to V720
V720 patch 4
OMEGU 300
OMEGU 300 patch6

After CTD with that set-up I removed mods one by one in rev order and tried to launch game each time, but still got CTD each time. Only after I had all the mods removed did the game launch.

I had no other mods active. The only mod in my inactive list is FOTRS, but I really want to get back to the Atlantic. I miss my TypeVII/GWX days in SH3

Thanks in advance for any help given.
Old 04-30-10, 09:04 AM   #2488
markdenny
Sparky

Downloads: 216
Default stupid crew

Just returned to port and added on patch 4 and the omegu patch 6 all is fine with everything except on the u-flack missions 1-4 my bridge crew,3 of them face inwards and not out towards the sea whats the problem there and how can i fix it on all other missions and my career they are facing out to sea.Please help
markdenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-10, 01:54 PM   #2489
Salvadoreno
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvadoreno View Post
Lurker how does that change the gameplay? I was thinking of using your settings but dont know exactlly what those percentages mean and what it will effect.. More realism?

???
Old 04-30-10, 04:59 PM   #2490
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDRuM71 View Post
Hello Skippers

It has been awhile since I've played SH4, but I'm back. I need a little help if you dont mind. I am trying to run OM, but it keeps CTD after the loading screen. Here is some details, hope they help you help me

Running 1.5
Installed w/ JSME in this order:
V705
V705 to V720
V720 patch 4
OMEGU 300
OMEGU 300 patch6

After CTD with that set-up I removed mods one by one in rev order and tried to launch game each time, but still got CTD each time. Only after I had all the mods removed did the game launch.

I had no other mods active. The only mod in my inactive list is FOTRS, but I really want to get back to the Atlantic. I miss my TypeVII/GWX days in SH3

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Based on the info provided I would recommend a complete reload as you have done something to your basic install. After reload install OM/OMEGU per these instructions, ensuring that you read it carefully

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166159