SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-20-10, 12:35 PM   #2326
KarlKoch
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
Since updating to 2.5.0 I seem to have an issue with the torpedo speed switch for tube number 2. Clicking on it does nothing and it stays on speed 1. Switching speeds for all other tubes seems to be functioning fine.
Did you check that its not a G7e that you are trying to "speed up"? As far as i have seen, standard loadout is G7a in tubes 1,3,4 and 5, and a single G7e in tube 2.
Old 05-20-10, 01:02 PM   #2327
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

Sehr gut! RangeStartUpdatingRadioContactReportsCourse sounds like a good way to handle this issue.
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-10, 02:16 PM   #2328
unionemerald
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I just installed SH 5 after been playing SH 3 for months. I installed the latest patch 1.2, and installed this super mod!
For the first time I'm trying to use the manual TDC, but I don't seem able to use the data (speed and distance), when using the option "contact updates on".
I know this is cheating, but I'm just an apprentice, so please forgive me. Anyway, the stadimeter doesn't seem to work correct! Is this a bug in the mod, or is it so intended. And if so, is there a way to put it of in the options menu in the file?
Old 05-20-10, 02:19 PM   #2329
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by unionemerald View Post
I just installed SH 5 after been playing SH 3 for months. I installed the latest patch 1.2, and installed this super mod!
For the first time I'm trying to use the manual TDC, but I don't seem able to use the data (speed and distance), when using the option "contact updates on".
I know this is cheating, but I'm just an apprentice, so please forgive me. Anyway, the stadimeter doesn't seem to work correct! Is this a bug in the mod, or is it so intended. And if so, is there a way to put it of in the options menu in the file?
Make sure you've properly installed a Dials option. Also make sure you're properly using the standimeter.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-10, 02:20 PM   #2330
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubV View Post
[ContactSpeeds]
; less than each value means (in this order): stationary, slow, medium and fast speed ; over the last value means very fast speed

Merchant=0.1,8,12,35 ;[kts]
Warship=0.1,8,19,35 ;[kts] including uboats
Air=0.1,8,19,35 ;[kts]
Convoy=0.1,8,12,35 ;[kts]
Are you sure that air target can be "stationary"? Airplanes have always more than 35kt...
Maybe:
Air=0,81,189,297 ;[kts] (0,150,350,500 kmh)

PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-10, 02:25 PM   #2331
Seefer
Loader

Downloads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlKoch View Post
Did you check that its not a G7e that you are trying to "speed up"? As far as i have seen, standard loadout is G7a in tubes 1,3,4 and 5, and a single G7e in tube 2.
Aha, it is indeed a G7e. I don't recall ordering one of those myself. Must be default loadout when given new sub...thanks
Seefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-10, 03:21 PM   #2332
unionemerald
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
Make sure you've properly installed a Dials option. Also make sure you're properly using the standimeter.
I installed the all dials option (love the graphics) together (as second) with the major mod, and is doesn't seem to work out. What concerns the stadimeter: as I mentioned in my first post, being new and certainly unexperienced with this rather difficult calculation, I prefer to obtain these data at this moment from the dialogue screen, normally given in the contact report.
Old 05-20-10, 03:59 PM   #2333
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

Your file front d/l isnt working
Old 05-20-10, 07:13 PM   #2334
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
Your file front d/l isnt working
Working fine for me. Just dled latest version from it.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-10, 07:16 PM   #2335
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

more updates: finally decided on what I was going to do with the contact spotted overhaul. Non-radio contacts all get the contact timestamp, course, bearing, true bearing, and intercept. Radio contacts get speed also. Speed is the speed when they were reported and can either be the real speed or a range value via user option ShowContactsActualSpeed. Course is subject to user option RangeStartUpdatingContacts. For non-radio contacts, if the range of the contact is greater than this user option then the course displayed is '---'. Once the range is less than or equal to the user option then the course is displayed (updated in real time as crew should be able to discern the course). Radio contacts are different only in that their initial reported course is displayed when range is greater than the user option. Once range drops below the user option then their course is updated (once again in real time). Course can either be the real course or a range value via user option ShowContactsActualSpeed. All this information is available on the TAI and the nav map (although nav map also gets Lat and Long values for the contact).
I'm unable to get speed info for non-radio contacts and thus that's why only radio contacts get speed. What I'm thinking about doing is when you have a contact selected and you use the XO TDC dialog box to estimate it's speed then I'll update the contact with that speed estimate.
Now I'm working on adding constant bearing to sonar and finishing up the editable ships journal

contact greater than user option range:

contact comes into range:
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-10, 07:22 PM   #2336
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
and finishing up the editable ships journal
Dude, so many are waiting on this (me too) can't wait for the next release... before the weekend?
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-10, 07:51 PM   #2337
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
more updates: finally decided on what I was going to do with the contact spotted overhaul.
Brilliant solution! Well done!

Quote:
I'm unable to get speed info for non-radio contacts and thus that's why only radio contacts get speed. What I'm thinking about doing is when you have a contact selected and you use the XO TDC dialog box to estimate it's speed then I'll update the contact with that speed estimate.
You might not even need to do that, since if you're in visual range your XO has built in speed estimation abilities already from the stock UI, or you can use the many methods of fixed line or 3:15 rule to figure speed. For those unfamiliar or uncomfortable with those methods, the Show Info screen would display speed as well, per stock.

This is really great work!

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-10, 07:52 PM   #2338
Txema
中国水兵

Downloads: 365

Excellent TDW !!!

Just one suggestion regarding the discussion we have had previously: perhaps it could be better to change the name of "True Brg" to call it "Scope Brg" to avoid missunderstandings...

What do you think?

Txema

Quote:
more updates: finally decided on what I was going to do with the contact spotted overhaul. Non-radio contacts all get the contact timestamp, course, bearing, true bearing, and intercept. Radio contacts get speed also. Speed is the speed when they were reported and can either be the real speed or a range value via user option ShowContactsActualSpeed. Course is subject to user option RangeStartUpdatingContacts. For non-radio contacts, if the range of the contact is greater than this user option then the course displayed is '---'. Once the range is less than or equal to the user option then the course is displayed (updated in real time as crew should be able to discern the course). Radio contacts are different only in that their initial reported course is displayed when range is greater than the user option. Once range drops below the user option then their course is updated (once again in real time). Course can either be the real course or a range value via user option ShowContactsActualSpeed. All this information is available on the TAI and the nav map (although nav map also gets Lat and Long values for the contact).
Now I'm working on adding constant bearing to sonar and finishing up the editable ships journal

contact greater than user option range:

contact comes into range:
Txema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-10, 08:05 PM   #2339
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

Can someone upload this to subsim.. the filefront page isnt working
Old 05-20-10, 08:10 PM   #2340
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf