SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-07-13, 03:15 PM   #2266
Sartoris
Captain

Downloads: 106
Uploads: 0

Can't wait to test this out!
Sartoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-13, 05:16 PM   #2267
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Re: sending a scout plane . IN sh4 Uboat missions you click on an air base icon and that brings up the waypoint pen . Click the nav map to place a waypoint on the navmap and a plane travels to that spot and patrolls an area i guess . Everytime you click on the air base it shows the scout plane waypoint and you can change the planes waypoint . I can see the planes icon on the map updated every so often as it heads to its destination . If i click on the planes icon it shows up the planes type , course , speed . If i click a patrol location that is too far away a message will say not enough fuel to reach the waypoint for the scout plane . Message display when new scout sent or scout changes course . Now i am not sure what the waypont is for . The scout plane goes in the general direction of the waypoint i created but goes randomly around it . In the mission editor there is a german plane called a shipborne searchplane . What does RevealEnemyConvoys in the special abilities in SH5 do ?

Last edited by THE_MASK; 07-07-13 at 05:51 PM.
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-13, 05:25 PM   #2268
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartoris View Post
Can't wait to test this out!
I already have been

All the code changes/additions were made and I began testing. I setup a single mission with a small airbase, a victory cargo, and a VIIC. I let the victory cargo detect me. When he did he radioed it in and sure enough the small airbase dispatched 3 fighters towards me

A little more tweaking to do and I'll be releasing new version of the Generic Patcher.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-13, 05:26 PM   #2269
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Re: sending a scout plane . IN sh4 Uboat missions you click on an air base icon and that brings up the waypoint pen . Click the nav map to place a waypoint on the navmap and a plane travels to that spot and patrolls an area i guess . Everytime you click on the air base it shows the scout plane waypoint and you can change the position of it by left clicking the navmap until the plane reaches its destination i guess . I can see the planes icon on the map updated every so often as it heads to its destination .
so the game let's you to control air patrols?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
A little more tweaking to do and I'll be releasing new version of the Generic Patcher.

@ TDW (offtopic)

when you asked for ideas for possible new fixes, I forgot to ask you this: can you investigate on why some unit types don't use their armament when docked, whereas other types do it?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-13, 05:32 PM   #2270
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
@ TDW (offtopic)

when you asked for ideas for possible new fixes, I forgot to ask you this: can you investigate on why some unit types don't use their armament when docked, whereas other types do it?
I actually just found the bit denoting DockedShip a few days ago. I'll add it to my list (but it's not high priority)
Old 07-07-13, 05:32 PM   #2271
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

+1 to the Gap's offtopic - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=2062

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-13, 05:52 PM   #2272
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456

Quote:
so the game let's you to control air patrols?
Well, in SH4 sure! Not in SH5 (yet ), but we have ingame same second pencil (red one if i recall correctly) to pick up friendly planes on friendly airbase and give them one waypoint to patrol, and show on map what they discovered...but of course it's not working...left over from SH4 i think...maybe one day TDW with his great capacities could make it work again
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-13, 07:48 PM   #2273
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v1.0.125.0 released. See post #1

Starting with v1.0.125.0 Revised the Carriers spawning aircraft patch. The revision lets airbases spawn aircraft. Units that detect a contact and within the reach of an airbase will radio to the airbase asking for air assistance. If the airbase agrees it will dispatch units to investigate/attack the unit's contact

Next I'm working on any unit that receives damage from a shell or torpedo and is within reach of an airbase will radio to the airbase asking for air assistance. If the airbase agrees it will spawn aircraft to give assistance to the unit who radioed in.

Old 07-07-13, 08:04 PM   #2274
chun
Helmsman

Downloads: 445

Hi TDW
Thanks for the new version..
chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-13, 08:06 PM   #2275
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

just some FYI on the airbases spawning aircraft: there is a 70% chance that they will spawn aircraft when asked. It's a variable in my patch file.

Also be sure to check out the Files= and Notes= of that patch. I included a single mission for testing the airbases spawning aircraft. To use the mission load it up and don't do anything. Go to external cam and head over to the land NW of your sub. Once the victory cargo detects you he will radio for air assistance. If granted the aircraft will spawn from the airbase (not visible) on that land.
Old 07-07-13, 08:14 PM   #2276
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456

Quote:
Also be sure to check out the Files= and Notes=
What do you mean exactly by that?
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-13, 08:39 PM   #2277
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
What do you mean exactly by that?
Old 07-07-13, 08:41 PM   #2278
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
@ TDW (offtopic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
I need a single mission that shows this happening so I can watch it in the debugger to see what's gong on. Who can throw one together?
Old 07-08-13, 04:12 AM   #2279
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
v1.0.125.0 released. See post #1
Thank you, sir

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-13, 05:06 AM   #2280
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
I need a single mission that shows this happening so I can watch it in the debugger to see what's gong on. Who can throw one together?
This is my smoke screen concept test mod:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...4&postcount=74

It contains two destroyers, one of them docked. For my purposes I removed their guns, so their only armament are a couple of "smoke screen guns" each (the docked destroyer won't use them). If you prefer, you can convert them back into normal destroyers by deleting all the unneeded files from the mod, except the mission files indeed.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote