SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-29-10, 04:21 PM   #2131
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowWolf Kell View Post
My only problem thus far is I'm still with my initial Sargo boat from Dec. 1941 and I'm now in Feb of 1943. The problem is that I've had no CT refit. I get offered a Gato upgrade every other patrol, but as yet have not been given a refit for my boat.
You have to make one good/excellent patrol, earning 600 renown if i remember the number correctly. Obviously easy to do. The only other thing i can think of is when testing refits many, many, months ago, i remember making the observation that the game seems to offer a refit, OR a new command. I don't think it does both, it's an A or B type of thing. SO if it offers a new command, it probably won't offer a refit, or vice versa. I'm not entirely sure, but i believe thats how it works.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-10, 04:21 PM   #2132
razark
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
Correction:

I will not be including the new Narwhal into TMO 2.0.

There has been some confusion on my part, which was clarified for me the other day. The files were entrusted to me for the sole purpose of making a TMO compatible version for the donation download. They were not given to me for the purpose of including it in the mod, therego i do not have permission to adapt them. Since it is not my work, and the files were given to me with that caveat, i must abide.
Will you be adapting the Narwhal to be compatible with TMO for those who do donate and download it?
Old 03-29-10, 04:27 PM   #2133
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by razark View Post
Will you be adapting the Narwhal to be compatible with TMO for those who do donate and download it?
Yeah thats the general idea. I'm not sure of the details, but i suspect there will be 3 versions of the Donation download Narwhal. Stock, RFB, and TMO versions.

If one has already d/led the stock version, and want the TMO version when its up, that's something you'll have to take up with Neal. Having said that, you CAN run the stock version over TMO, and it will run fine. You just won't have any of the extra bells and whistles added by TMO.

This donation download thingy something completely out of my hands, i have no involvement in this other then being asked to make a TMO compatible version.
Old 03-29-10, 05:17 PM   #2134
ShadowWolf Kell
Medic

Downloads: 123
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
You have to make one good/excellent patrol, earning 600 renown if i remember the number correctly. Obviously easy to do. The only other thing i can think of is when testing refits many, many, months ago, i remember making the observation that the game seems to offer a refit, OR a new command. I don't think it does both, it's an A or B type of thing. SO if it offers a new command, it probably won't offer a refit, or vice versa. I'm not entirely sure, but i believe thats how it works.

That makes sense and I kind of half expected that actually. I get offered commands all the time, but keep declining. I wanted to see how far I could get with a Sargo (no, not the Sculpin!)

While it's not exactly essential to get a CT refit or two (OM taught me NOT to play with planes), my sub does look kind of odd now that I'm in July of 1943. Even the fleet boats in port have the refits lol.
ShadowWolf Kell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-10, 08:10 AM   #2135
gutted
The Old Man

Downloads: 470
Uploads: 10

Figured i'd re-install SHIV while waiting for the next SH5 patch.

Noticed TMO had a new version. But theres one thing... i prefer the environment from the previous version i was using (an early 1.8 beta).

How can i get it back?

If not... can i install one of the envirnment mods ontop of this without messing things up?

Solution Solver 2.3.2 - Visual Targeting Tools & Aids
gutted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-10, 09:22 AM   #2136
Immacolata
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 3

On my 2nd patrol with TMO 1.9 and I am enjoying it.

Have a few questions:

1)

There are a few questions on missions. I got assigned
"Conduct anti-shipping operations in the East China Sea".

First, is there some place where you can see what missions mean and how to complete them? East China Sea is a vaguely defined area at best.

Problem is, the East China sea is completely empty save for two destroyers scooting up and down the coast off Shanghai and down to Formosa. I sank two cargoes in the Formosa strait - didn't count as Completed towards my objective.

Went to one of the Ryukuu islands and popped a tethered tanker. That didn't count towards it either.

I can't catch the damn destroyers, they are too fast for me and the water is very shallow. I used some shipping lane maps I found but they seem to strike against my luck.

Down to 50% fuel - should I give it up and turn back home? I already bagged 4 merchants and that I am quite happy with - just nags the heck out of me that Im told to sink ships in a sea that hasn't got any ships in them! And when I sink some ships they arent counting, maybe because I was out of the East China Sea. But that is a bit hard to tell!

2) What is the range of hydrophones?

"The power of the executive to cast a man into prison without formulating any charge known to the law, and particularly to deny him the judgment of his peers, is in the highest degree odious, and the foundation of all totalitarian government whether Nazi or Communist."
- W. Churchill
Immacolata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-10, 09:25 AM   #2137
sergei
Sea Lord

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 29

Question 1 answered in your other thread
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166493
sergei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-10, 09:35 AM   #2138
Immacolata
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 3

Yes and no, even after having visited the patrol star I am unable to get the change to Completed in spite of having sunk over 10.000 tons worth of shipping. Something is afoot.

"The power of the executive to cast a man into prison without formulating any charge known to the law, and particularly to deny him the judgment of his peers, is in the highest degree odious, and the foundation of all totalitarian government whether Nazi or Communist."
- W. Churchill
Immacolata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-10, 10:52 AM   #2139
BillBam
Watch Officer

Downloads: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immacolata View Post
Yes and no, even after having visited the patrol star I am unable to get the change to Completed in spite of having sunk over 10.000 tons worth of shipping. Something is afoot.
Are you spending enough time within the patrol area? If you leave your area to sink ships you will need to renter your area and redo the patrol time factor. As stated in your other post I generally draw a circle around the star of 100 nm and stay in there for 72-96 hrs and the mission will usually complete.
BillBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-10, 12:52 PM   #2140
sergei
Sea Lord

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immacolata View Post
Sorry Immacolata, didn't realise.
sergei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-10, 01:40 PM   #2141
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109

Quote:
Yeah thats the general idea. I'm not sure of the details, but i suspect there will be 3 versions of the Donation download Narwhal. Stock, RFB, and TMO versions.

If one has already d/led the stock version, and want the TMO version when its up, that's something you'll have to take up with Neal. Having said that, you CAN run the stock version over TMO, and it will run fine. You just won't have any of the extra bells and whistles added by TMO.

This donation download thingy something completely out of my hands, i have no involvement in this other then being asked to make a TMO compatible version.
Actually the idea would be to have you and the RFB team release respectively a set of files that, enabled over the ordinary Narwhal downloaded from subsim.com, allow it to be used in those respective mods. The only thing needed to actually preserve the mod as bonus one is to not redistribute a key file, like f.e. the DAT ones where the hull, the conning tower or the 6 inch guns. That way the users can download freely the compatibility files and simply 1) Install subsim's Narwhal, 2) Overwrite her with the compatibility files. Should be the easiest solution for everyone
Old 03-30-10, 03:35 PM   #2142
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Oh joy. More confusion. Sorry to say that if i was to give the narwhal all the bells and whistles like a fuller deck gun crew, or to give it the right engine noise (so it doesn't sound like a fairbanks morse), i MUST edit the DAT and DSD files to insert/change nodes. I had no intention of distrubuting those files, only handing them back over to neal when done with them.
Old 04-01-10, 08:36 AM   #2143
Morpheus
Ensign

Downloads: 17

I have one question regarding TMO: I noticed there aren't any map contact informations anymore (like in SH4 Stock). You keep steering through a plain emty worldmap, hoping to hit something. Therefore i was somewhat confused and also installed 3 RSRDC_TMO_V502 with Patch1, hoping this would bring me back some more life on the worldmap. Nada. Yesterday i made a patrol from Pearl Harbor to the south of Japan, down the Luzon straight, passing Manila and the north coast of Borneo down into Java seas. Nothing. Not one single ship ...

Someone give me a clue. I was used to calculate possible interception routes from contacts given to me on the worldmap.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-10, 01:54 PM   #2144
ShadowWolf Kell
Medic

Downloads: 123

I'm not sure how TMO models the traffic since I've never played it standalone.

With RSRDC installed, traffic is historically represented. Unless you manage to get within the shipping lanes that the Japanese used within that time period, pickings will be slim. Fortunately, Ducimus has added in a transit route map to the radio. Just move it to the lower right end of the screen to display the whole map.
ShadowWolf Kell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-10, 03:42 PM   #2145
danurve
The Old Man

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 3

Well I don't know how helpfull this will be but even TMO 1.9 on it's own is very unlike stock, for a reason.
Out of Perl getting sent near Tojo home waters reported traffic is seldom early on. Then, it does seem to pick up. Now, if you want more, transfer to Brisbane (Asiatic Fleet). Then try getting past the Bismark Sea (n/w of Rabaul) without getting contact reports. At least there is a Tender near the Canal.