Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-06-17, 08:29 AM   #2041
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post

> links to a torrent page where you can download a movie = banned.
> links to the movie directly on some video streaming portal = it's fine... because it is different while it isn't.

(Of course, the true reason is the admin-team not understanding the issue, but hey - I'm not the one happily posting links to copyrighted material, why do I care? Boo me!)
The true reason? You have no idea what you're talking about.

I consulted with Google's YouTube legal department some time back and they vet all videos that get posted. They have permission from the copyright holders for every film that is posted, and they assure me that any full length films posted are removed if there is copy right infringement, they check them all. So if there is a link here and it works, it's ok.
Old 05-06-17, 08:49 AM   #2042
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-17, 08:57 AM   #2043
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

"Troll drum"?
I was actually concerned that you as the person responsible for Subsim could face rather severe problems in case of actual copyright infringement being condoned/allowed/supported on this site - so troll drum my ass, really.
And you spoke with YT/Google "some time back" about movies that were posted just recently? You are aware that YT is FULL of movies where rights are being violated, are you?
Quote:
they check them all
No. They have software algorithms that check for infringement, but that's not 100% fail-safe, as countless videos proof.
Or do you really think some guy(s) are personally checking uploaded videos on YouTube? Do you know how many thousands of videos are posted every hour on YT?

Quote:
They have permission from the copyright holders for every film that is posted
Oh really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
This video contains content from FOX, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.

Meaning: it wasn't legal in the first place - they (YT/Google) just didn't find it before it was posted here.
The point is, by condoning this, Subsim is now officially supporting movie piracy. Let's ignore possible legal issues for you, or anyone here just "consuming". But Is that what you want for Subsim?
And what if I post a link to one of the (in)famous streaming portals where you can watch all kinds of movies and TV series, new and old?
Is that different somehow!?
No it's not. In both cases, you link to a movie that was uploaded/made available to the public illegally.
Leaning back and saying "meh, if the link works, it's fine." is simply a lazy excuse, or not understanding the issue.

It's like saying stealing is OK as long as you won't get caught.

Edit: For those who still have doubts: https://www.reddit.com/r/fullmoviesonyoutube/

I'm sure these are all fine, YT checked them all.

Last edited by Nippelspanner; 05-06-17 at 09:13 AM.
Old 05-06-17, 09:23 AM   #2044
MCM
Engineer

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 0

Unbelievable Nippelspanner You are one of these guys watching your neighbors if they are parking right, seperating the dustbin right, notify the police for every little *******! Because you have no own life then at least try to make other lifes as hard as you can. What a poor guy you are... Typical german bevavior! People like you are the reason that everyone in the word see us germans as inpolite, taking everything serious with no humor!!! (I am german too) Disgusting, get of this thread
MCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-17, 09:26 AM   #2045
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCM View Post
Unbelievable Nippelspanner You are one of these guys watching your neighbors if they are parking right, seperating the dustbin right, notify the police for every little *******! Because you have no own life then at least try to make other lifes as hard as you can. What a poor guy you are... Typical german bevavior! People like you are the reason that everyone in the word see us germans as inpolite, taking everything serious with no humor!!! (I am german too) Disgusting, get of this thread
Come back when you have an actual argument.
Old 05-06-17, 09:33 AM   #2046
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Okay, can we all move on now rather than prolong the issue please.

Old 05-06-17, 10:49 AM   #2047
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109

Well, subim is not responsible for another site having "stuff" that can be under copyright, at least in my opinion.
Youtube has copyright laws and surveillance, since some content that is uploaded (even small scenes of movies or just a few moments, like I am your father and so on) are, almost, removed.
Of course many things goes under the radar or the algorithm that a the site uses to searches or detect such things. So, or (in this case) youtube just do not have yet detected such infraction, do not have any kind of complain or simple, do not give any attention.
I, or one, at least for me, do not have to be guilty of something been upload to a site if that thing is illegal. I choose to look and if find such thing, I could click and see or not. And of course this can be use for many things over the net form the normal ones to the most sordid, but this is not the case.
The rest, can be discussed in a a thread just for the subject....that could derail to food, politics sci-fi and the normal stuff here!

Last edited by Rhodes; 05-06-17 at 11:21 AM.
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-17, 11:19 AM   #2048
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109

Sorry for 2 posts, but this one is in the matter of the thread.

So updates in the films I saw lately:

Ghost in the Shell: Well, a fine mess of a film that could not capture what the manga and anime subject is. If you are a fan of the source material, you will not like this. If not, you can enjoy it. The film uses the most adaptable and simpler matters of the anime, oversimplifies and over explain what is the core matter. For me, the best are some scenes that are strait from the first anime film. The rest... not even a naked Major...

Split: I like it, from all of the last M. Night Shyamalan films, this one can be a return to the basis and to the gender that make him, even with some M. Night Shyamalanest scenes,small cameo and stuff. Will not spoiler, but it has a funny twist.
James Macvoy is very good in the roles. I also saw Filth, so I now he his great in such roles.

Now, a few classical ones. I went to collect all the sub movies that TCM broadcast, at least the more aired ones. After more of a decade of ad nauseum of a few films, TCM ended their transmissions here.
So, I decided and saw Ice Station Zebra, Torpedo Run, Destination: Tokyo and have Operation Petticoat to see.

The first one have memorable scenes and dialogues, like more the first part since it has the more sub scenes. So, if the submarine should be more historical authentic, it would have to be a Skipjack class one?

Torpedo Run
, I understand that when the movie was done, they had to use a Balao or Tench class for the scenes, but, besides the normal that in real life can or was not done, to be historical correct, the sub should be a Porpoise/Sargo/Salmo class? Or the action been set in 1944/1945?

Destination: Tokyo - Good sub propaganda film, Cary Grant does a good role, besides some cliché scenes and acting. But been a submarine filme in the end of 1943, I understand such things and like then. I think that have the certain sub class for such mission, during the time of the action. Only thing I didn't like was the depart from San Francisco. But it was done during war time, so... Other thing that amazed me, the hydrophone/sonar was done with oscilloscope . It felled that the listing apparatus was more advanced from reality, even if the movie had the danger of be seen by Japanese spies, etc.
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-17, 12:28 PM   #2049
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

BLADE RUNNER 2049 Trailer will be released Monday

Let's all hope it will be good.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-17, 06:06 AM   #2050
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I finally saw Rogue One yesterday. To my surprise it was not the desaster I expected to see, but a rather good Star Wars movie, though an untypical one. Characters remained to be a bit shallow, but I like the Shapekearean solution of all them heroes and heroines being dead in the end, no prisoners taken. Also the surprisingly adult setting, the doom and darkness, the seriousness of the somtimes dirty action - and the absence of childish jester-characters. This was a pretty solid SciFi warmovie if taken for itself, great visuals, and a very nice connecting to the Episode IV movie, with many small details closing the links. I felt well-entertained. To me one of the best Star Wars movies out there. Certainly better than its reputation.
Old 05-09-17, 05:13 AM   #2051
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Looks good.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-17, 05:32 AM   #2052
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Just so long as his character isn't expected to fly a plane he should be fine.

Old 05-09-17, 06:12 AM   #2053
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

^ Cheeky, you...

<O>
Old 05-09-17, 10:56 AM   #2054
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 05-13-17, 07:48 AM   #2055
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Sooooo looking forward to seeing this

Tags
films, movie, movies