SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-06-11, 05:57 PM   #2041
denny927
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 213
Uploads: 0

this mod really give other dimension at sh4....my problem was in fact no traffic or very poor traffic in a campaign, but after install this mod all change.installed trought jsgme over tmo2.2 and a lot of bunch of other different mods and no problem at all
denny927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-11, 02:51 PM   #2042
mido
Engineer

Downloads: 191
Uploads: 1

I am very happy with the combination RFB + RSRDC but sometimes I get confused with the mission system. It tells you to patrol a certain area, usually 100 or 150 miles from a certain point for a certain time and sometimes when the time is over you get a new mission. All good so far.

Sometimes the time is over, usually 96 or 72 hours but nothing happens, the mission never gets accomplished, not even after a week or 10 days although 72 hours was the task. What am I missing?
mido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-11, 12:42 AM   #2043
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

The missions have specific and particular requirements. There are specific tonnage requirements, within a certain distance, IIRC. I am a little confused about them myself, but I don't get too wrapped up in the mission thing. As long as you sink ships, you will do ok.

You can always send in a status report to get a new mission. I often like to just patrol 'at large', without having any particular mission. One problem with the additional missions, is that they may require you to travel rather far afield, to achieve them.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-11, 09:21 PM   #2044
denny927
Electrician's Mate

Default again stuck with no traffic

after a couple of weeks, trying this new mod, i can say is not a big change....im stuck again with no ships at all, after 1 month no sink a ship, note:i cannot saying this mod is a waste of time, is a great work.

anyone know how i can increase the traffic respawn from some cfg file, i dont have any clue, please
Old 12-18-11, 09:40 PM   #2045
USS Drum
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny927 View Post
after a couple of weeks, trying this new mod, i can say is not a big change....im stuck again with no ships at all, after 1 month no sink a ship, note:i cannot saying this mod is a waste of time, is a great work.

anyone know how i can increase the traffic respawn from some cfg file, i dont have any clue, please
Use the mission editor and if you want tonnage hang around NW Guadalcanal in late 42.
USS Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-11, 09:56 PM   #2046
denny927
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Drum View Post
Use the mission editor and if you want tonnage hang around NW Guadalcanal in late 42.
wow this is a quick reply....thanks man but you can be more precise?how can use mission editor for having more tonnage?what .mis i should i open (im in the beginning of a second campaign in january 1942 with base at surabaya) but i checked just now, no traffic at all, sailing from here and patrolling everthing, as far near tokio and no traffic i repeat, only two sampan and an airplane....

thanks
Old 12-18-11, 10:19 PM   #2047
USS Drum
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny927 View Post
wow this is a quick reply....thanks man but you can be more precise?how can use mission editor for having more tonnage?what .mis i should i open (im in the beginning of a second campaign in january 1942 with base at surabaya) but i checked just now, no traffic at all, sailing from here and patrolling everthing, as far near tokio and no traffic i repeat, only two sampan and an airplane....

thanks
The campaign files are in campaigns in the data folder.
USS Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-11, 10:29 PM   #2048
denny927
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Drum View Post
The campaign files are in campaigns in the data folder.

yes, and now??????????????????????????????????????????????o pen the mission editor what can i do now?????????????????????????????????????
Old 12-18-11, 10:33 PM   #2049
denny927
Electrician's Mate

apart i dont want a single patrol area full of ships, simply increase the global traffic, if is possible, of course

again thanks
Old 12-18-11, 10:58 PM   #2050
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

Downloads: 139

RSRD attempts to recreate shipping traffic as close to historical as possible, in that at the beginning of the war, the Japanese had a lot of merchant and naval targets for subs. As the war progressed, and losses mounted, the sub service ran short of targets.

Also, later in the war, the merchant ships stayed as close to shallow waters as they could, which made things tougher for the subs to go after them. But many sub crews had to count up how many sampans, junks, and fishing boats they could sink with the deckgun(s).

Other duties like dropping supplies, commandos, agents, and lifeguard duty also filled the agenda. Only thing I have yet to do, is get called for lifeguard duty.

---------------------

Hylander_1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-11, 11:13 PM   #2051
denny927
Electrician's Mate

very good to know, but like you say, should be more japanese ships, but is not my case in the first mission i sunk over 100.000tons between luzon and formosa, and other convoy near manila in 29 december 1941, but in the second mission seems disappears everything, in luzon strait too, stuck 3 weeks and nothing.....so....after this, and after all that stuff you said any suggestion about what i do?
Old 12-18-11, 11:17 PM   #2052
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358

Will this work with Fall of the Rising Sun mod? was not sure if this was just a caompaign layer upgrade of merchant and plane traffic or if it is more complex and therefore more likely to coflict with FOTRS
Old 12-19-11, 12:19 PM   #2053
jeff lackey
A-ganger

Downloads: 11

OK, just want to make sure I have this right after reading a ton of pages!

I'm running the latest TMO. My understanding is that I apply the TMO version of the mod first (TMO is already installed) :

RSRDC_TMO_V502.7z

Do I then need to apply the patch?

RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1

Or is that patch already included now in the RSRDC_TMO_V502 version of the mod?

Thanks
jeff lackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-11, 06:38 PM   #2054
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

Downloads: 139

Yep! That's the order!

TMO

TMO 2.2 Update

RSRDC_TMO_v502

RSRDC_v5xx_Patch1

That's what I just read on the RSRD thread a moment ago.

---------------------

Hylander_1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-11, 10:13 PM   #2055
denny927
Electrician's Mate

hello, yesterday after waiting for a reply about my problem i discover in wikipedia all dates about the most important battles ocurred in the ww2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_War

apart all the awful thing happen in only 4 years, in this page, scroll down and i can see all battles, my question is, these battles are in game too?

thanks