SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-18-13, 11:42 PM   #2011
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post
Dragonborn is FINALLY coming to PC on Feb. 5th

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-elder-s...1227192p1.html

This whole "let's give MS the exclusive for two months before everyone else" is crap.
PS3 versions of all 3 DLC will see release sometime in February also. They will also be 50% off for the first week. While I would like to get them at 50% off, I'm not sure if I want to buy them without letting others test them out properly after the other cockups Bethesda has made with the PS3 version of Skyrim and Oblivion.
Old 01-19-13, 06:14 AM   #2012
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Then buy it on the last or second-last day of low-price week.
Old 01-25-13, 10:56 PM   #2013
darius359au
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Dragonborn's up on steam for pre-order at $24.99 - unlocks in 1week, 3 days and 15 hours "approximately"
Old 01-27-13, 03:26 AM   #2014
BossMark
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 278

Quote:
Originally Posted by darius359au View Post
Dragonborn's up on steam for pre-order at $24.99 - unlocks in 1week, 3 days and 15 hours "approximately"
Looking forward to this 14 quid well spent I hopes, think I will start a new character as well.
Old 01-29-13, 08:23 PM   #2015
darius359au
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Green man gaming have got Dragonborn for $19 + you can use the 20% off code with it so I only payed $16 for it
http://www.greenmangaming.com/
Old 02-03-13, 04:03 PM   #2016
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
The modders of the TES community never cease to amaze me!

Interesting NPCs - Over 100 new NPCs, 90 of them fully voiced.

Check the trailer to hear the quality of the voice acting it has.
Been using it for a couple months now - it's well done, most of the added NPCs I've encountered have been well written altho I find some of the voices really irritating to listen to, altho nothing that's any worse than what's already in the game. And some of it is much better than the vanilla VA.

My only complaint is that most of the additional characters don't really seem to add anything to the gameplay, I mean, I've encountered only one who was available as a follower and none who had new quests attached. I'm using the "UFO Voiced" version only, true, but I really thought it would still add more than just additional people who talk and talk and talk and do nothing else. It's nice for flavor I guess and some of the new NPCs add to the populations of cities and settlements, but some turn up in very odd places that just feel "off" to me.

The first few I met I talked to for quite a while just to see what the writing was like (and it IS quite good for the most part) but after a while... meh. A lot of time spent having conversations with NPCs that really didn't go anywhere because absolutely nothing is added to gameplay as far as I can tell. If I want to spend ten minutes hearing a long involved story that ultimately goes nowhere and changes nothing in terms of what my character is going to do or not do, I'll just... go read a book or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post
Dragonborn is FINALLY coming to PC on Feb. 5th

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-elder-s...1227192p1.html

This whole "let's give MS the exclusive for two months before everyone else" is crap.
LOL just when I finally broke down and got the first two DLCs. I'm still updating and redoing all my mods to account for the new additions, now DB will come out and I'll either have to put off getting it or start over. OTOH by the time I finish remodding player homes with HF installed, all the other mods will probably have caught up with DB.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-13, 04:49 PM   #2017
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
Been using it for a couple months now - it's well done, most of the added NPCs I've encountered have been well written altho I find some of the voices really irritating to listen to, altho nothing that's any worse than what's already in the game. And some of it is much better than the vanilla VA.

My only complaint is that most of the additional characters don't really seem to add anything to the gameplay, I mean, I've encountered only one who was available as a follower and none who had new quests attached. I'm using the "UFO Voiced" version only, true, but I really thought it would still add more than just additional people who talk and talk and talk and do nothing else. It's nice for flavor I guess and some of the new NPCs add to the populations of cities and settlements, but some turn up in very odd places that just feel "off" to me.

The first few I met I talked to for quite a while just to see what the writing was like (and it IS quite good for the most part) but after a while... meh. A lot of time spent having conversations with NPCs that really didn't go anywhere because absolutely nothing is added to gameplay as far as I can tell. If I want to spend ten minutes hearing a long involved story that ultimately goes nowhere and changes nothing in terms of what my character is going to do or not do, I'll just... go read a book or something.

LOL just when I finally broke down and got the first two DLCs. I'm still updating and redoing all my mods to account for the new additions, now DB will come out and I'll either have to put off getting it or start over. OTOH by the time I finish remodding player homes with HF installed, all the other mods will probably have caught up with DB.

Frau Kaleun! You've returned!

I still play Skryim on xbox...haven't bought DLC's yet. I need to. I love this game. The Elder Scrolls games never get old.

Except for Arena and Daggerfall. Those are too hard.
Old 02-03-13, 05:08 PM   #2018
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October1984 View Post
Frau Kaleun! You've returned!

I still play Skryim on xbox...
Gah I can't imagine not being able to mod the game.

OTOH if it weren't for modding the game, I might actually have time to play the game.

Just about got everything done for the next playthrough, adding a couple new mods plus I had to update a bunch more for DG and HF - but I will still have to redo the player houses taking into account all the changes put in by HF and that's probably gonna be a chore. I haven't even looked at the new stuff in the CK yet.
Old 02-03-13, 06:15 PM   #2019
She-Wolf
Watchdog

Downloads: 152

I bought Skyrim just recently, and I am glad I did because it was an itch I needed to scratch - but now I have it, I can't seem to get into it with the same enthusiasm I enjoyed with Oblivion. It seems as if something is missing - but I don't know what... guess I will have to keep giving it a go until it grows on me...
Old 02-03-13, 08:37 PM   #2020
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Quote:
Gah I can't imagine not being able to mod the game.

OTOH if it weren't for modding the game, I might actually have time to play the game.

Just about got everything done for the next playthrough, adding a couple new mods plus I had to update a bunch more for DG and HF - but I will still have to redo the player houses taking into account all the changes put in by HF and that's probably gonna be a chore. I haven't even looked at the new stuff in the CK yet.
My rig couldn't run Skyrim anyway. I like it up on a big screen. I might get Oblivion or Morrowind to mod. I have every Elder Scrolls game. I'll have to get PC copies.
Old 02-04-13, 08:37 PM   #2021
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

I just hauled ass across the entire province of Skyrim...

Stupid thieve's guild quests....Making the guards attack me on sight...
Old 02-05-13, 09:05 AM   #2022
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October1984 View Post
I just hauled ass across the entire province of Skyrim...

Stupid thieve's guild quests....Making the guards attack me on sight...
Oh man, I did the TG once. ONCE. I may never do it again. Altho having a mod that keeps Brynjolf from chasing me around Riften trying to recruit me as soon as I set foot in town is making me hate the whole idea a lot less. But I don't know if I would bother doing all the radiant quests and stuff to become Guildmaster, that was a real chore. I will say, though, when I did do it at least I felt like I earned it, can't really say that for most of the factions the way they work in vanilla.
Old 02-05-13, 04:29 PM   #2023
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Dragonborn downloaded and installed. I'm off to Solstheim.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-13, 05:08 PM   #2024
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
Dragonborn downloaded and installed. I'm off to Solstheim.
Without an unofficial patch? You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din.
Old 02-05-13, 05:14 PM   #2025
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Quote:
Oh man, I did the TG once. ONCE. I may never do it again. Altho having a mod that keeps Brynjolf from chasing me around Riften trying to recruit me as soon as I set foot in town is making me hate the whole idea a lot less. But I don't know if I would bother doing all the radiant quests and stuff to become Guildmaster, that was a real chore. I will say, though, when I did do it at least I felt like I earned it, can't really say that for most of the factions the way they work in vanilla.
I'm doing it because it's one of the last main things to do....

Again...I can't mod the game or I'd have cybercops after me and my xbox.

I need to get a PC Copy of Morrowind. I really liked that game...again...on xbox.