SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-12-10, 01:54 AM   #1921
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailz View Post
Thanks TDW. It's really late where you are, you should catch some sleep now. Thanks.
oh I'm going to, trust me. Just making sure there aren't any immediate show stopper bugs (I didn't find any but there's no way I could test everything - it's just impossible with the complexity of this mod now).
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-10, 02:03 AM   #1922
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0

Wakeup File for TheDarkWraith

Just working on starting that list of 'things to do' for you today when you wake up.

McHub532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-10, 02:04 AM   #1923
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Not sure how you want to solve it really...

Anyone have any ideas?

Old 05-12-10, 02:07 AM   #1924
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHub532 View Post
Not sure how you want to solve it really...

Anyone have any ideas?
That's a tricky one because it's a screen resolution problem..... No crashes or bugs other than this so far? I'm quite amazed actually

And before anyone asks the 'Journal' is disabled because I was working on v2.3.0 when the patch came out. The journal wasn't finished so I disabled it until I get it finished.
Old 05-12-10, 02:10 AM   #1925
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
That's a tricky one because it's a screen resolution problem..... No crashes or bugs other than this so far? I'm quite amazed actually

And before anyone asks the 'Journal' is disabled because I was working on v2.3.0 when the patch came out. The journal wasn't finished so I disabled it until I get it finished.
No crashes... I tried ALLDials though and am removing and going back to No Dials.. My TAI was about 1/2 inch tall to make room for dials. heh

Old 05-12-10, 02:16 AM   #1926
Aniuk
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default thanks

Quote:
Woot Woot !!
I'm not much of a WOOT WOOT man myself.

But for you I make a exception. Your work is really impressive. Thanks for your speed and intelligent modding. It's impressive and thank your for sharing the result with us. If there is a best mod award. I agree with Sober: it should be yours. (But Sober isn't doing a bad job either).

Kind regards, Aniuk.
Old 05-12-10, 02:24 AM   #1927
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Quirky Clock

The clock is not popping up when my TC goes higher...

In fact.. I can not push the "O" key to bring up the clock unless I drop down to TC1.. still won't work.. I have to bring up the navigator and press the clock icon at TC1 and then the clock will show up and the "O" key will then work.

Old 05-12-10, 02:34 AM   #1928
Ragtag
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 163

Wow, that was a fast update and delivery. Big thanks for your great work and effort DW
Palit RTX 2080Ti.
Fortron 1000W PSU.
BenQ XR3501R LCD.
Ragtag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-10, 02:36 AM   #1929
The General
The Old Man

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 3

Hi DarkWraith

Here is a strange bug I experienced with 1.2. I did not have your Mod installed at the time. It shows some interesting elements of the original UI that were never fully completed, including what looks like a tutorial for usingthe Deck-gun and icons I've never seen before in the game. Just posting as an interesting phenomenon.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 05-12-10, 02:39 AM   #1930
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Hi DarkWraith

Here is a strange bug I experienced with 1.2. I did not have your Mod installed at the time. It shows some interesting elements of the original UI that was never fully completed, including what looks like a tutorial for usingthe Deck-gun and icons I've never seen before in the game. Just posting as an interesting phenomenon.
those are all the player guidance things. Looks like you got a corrupt install, more specifically a corrupt PageDefaultHud.py file.
Old 05-12-10, 02:41 AM   #1931
BerntBalchen
IntOpsVet

Downloads: 68

No problems here working fine with the mods i use:

ImprovedWaves_Improved Pitch&Roll
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Alt w beards
Command Keys 1.03
Pascal-sh5-uniforms-Version-2
Reduced Mission Tonnage v02

I also have the same issue as McHub(look at screensht) with the compass because of my screen res, witch is 1280x1024. But no sweat, i just click on the half showing and i get the SH4 style compass.
RAM: Kingston FURY Beast RGB DDR5 5600MHz 64GB
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade PCIe M.2 NVME SSD 2TB
CASE: Phanteks Eclipse G500A DRGB Mid Tower
MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-F GAMING
PSU: Corsair HX1200, 1200W PSU
Screen: ASUS 27" gamingskjerm ROG Strix XG27AQ x 2
BerntBalchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-10, 02:42 AM   #1932
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Quirky Clock

The clock is not popping up when my TC goes higher...

In fact.. I can not push the "O" key to bring up the clock unless I drop down to TC1.. still won't work.. I have to bring up the navigator and press the clock icon at TC1 and then the clock will show up and the "O" key will then work.
there is a new user option that disables the clock above a certain TC level (AboveThisTCLevelDoNotShowClock). It's default value in the options file is 32. I coded it so that you would still be able to override that. Have you tried turning the clock on from the officers? The whole purpose of this feature is to disable the automatic showing of the clock by the game (which was very annoying to me). But like I said you still have control of whether it shows or not if YOU ask it to.
Old 05-12-10, 02:45 AM   #1933
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerntBalchen View Post
I also have the same issue as McHub(look at screensht) with the compass because of my screen res, witch is 1280x1024. But no sweat, i just click on the half showing and i get the SH4 style compass.
there is a hotkey assigned for that in the options file also (to avoid having to click on it). There's also a hotkey to toggle it from heading mode to rudder mode and back.
Old 05-12-10, 02:58 AM   #1934
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
there is a new user option that disables the clock above a certain TC level (AboveThisTCLevelDoNotShowClock). It's default value in the options file is 32. I coded it so that you would still be able to override that. Have you tried turning the clock on from the officers? The whole purpose of this feature is to disable the automatic showing of the clock by the game (which was very annoying to me). But like I said you still have control of whether it shows or not if YOU ask it to.
Ah, that explains it then. Cool, thanks.

Old 05-12-10, 03:01 AM   #1935
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

TheDarkWraith Morning File of Things to Do with 1st cup of coffee in the morning....

I set my diving option to the advanced.. no icons but the actual depth gauge.

When my cursor hovers over the graduated depth gauge it used to display the depth I was pointing at before I clicked it. It no longer displays the depth I am telling it to dive to. After I click the notepad shows the command.. but the little hovering # that is displayed when your mouse cursor floats over the gauge doesn't show up.

Also.. my Fuel/Battery/CO2 taskbar thing vanished... I'm reloading the game now to see if one or both of these issues were just a one time fluke.

It was fine.. I submerged via the above description and then the Fuel/Battery/CO2 taskbar vanished... reloading to check now.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui