SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-29-10, 02:07 PM   #1891
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Muttley, I know you love medals, but you sound a bit jaded.

http://1m1f.com/video/8qkSe4YM7EY/Muttley-Medal.html
Old 08-29-10, 02:48 PM   #1892
sergei
Sea Lord

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navelintel View Post
I found it extremely disingenuous and inconsiderate to be led to assume (without even a reference to a compatible Medal Mod) that the awards would be accurately and suitably resolved at the conclusion of a successful career patrol in RSRDC
I'm curious, what led you to assume this Navelintel?

Having read the release notes for RSRD, there is no mention of medals.
sergei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-10, 08:49 PM   #1893
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

I'm carrying on, I've never paid any attention to the medals, all in all they impact a few seconds of the game, looks only. However, I've never read that RSRD correct the issue with medals...
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-10, 05:45 PM   #1894
Nobby310
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 46

Really stupid question........ but im not sifting thru 94 pages.....

Does this work with patch 1.4? I dont have 1.5 (u-boat) Also, will I need to start a "new career" for this to work? and Finally..... I also run the RUIM mod,this wont mess with this will it?

Thanks, and sorry for all the questions
Nobby310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-10, 06:06 PM   #1895
tater
Navy Seal

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 2

You only need read the first post.

1.5 only.
tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-10, 06:56 PM   #1896
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Default navalintel

See a couple of posts, supra. The R.U.I.M. mod is the medals fix mod whose name I could not recall. There are three parts to the download as I recall. That may fix your problem, but then I am not a medals expert.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-10, 06:58 PM   #1897
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobby310 View Post
Really stupid question........ but im not sifting thru 94 pages.....

Does this work with patch 1.4? I dont have 1.5 (u-boat) Also, will I need to start a "new career" for this to work? and Finally..... I also run the RUIM mod,this wont mess with this will it?

Thanks, and sorry for all the questions
You can purchase 1.5 add on for around 10 bucks I believe.
Old 08-30-10, 07:44 PM   #1898
Navelintel
Mate

Downloads: 167
RSRDC

Hello John,

Sorry I ruffled your dorsal fin by pulling you into the fray but that wasn't my intention. For better or worse, however, I consider it mission complete, though I never expected such an overwhelming and poignant reaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Channing View Post
Before you start flinging vitriol around you should probably spend a little time doing some research.
Fair enough but how did you expect me to respond after I posted basically the same questions on two separate sections of this forum and after seeing that there were numerous viewings with no replies? Was I supposed to give up and accept the situation or pursue it further? I chose the latter and placed a post under this thread. If that’s considered ‘flinging vitriol’ well then how about a little credit for showing some initiative and being persistent? After all I got you to respond to the post along with a few other mates. Did I bother to research the question regarding a medals mode for RSRDC? I certainly did after I first noticed the anomaly and spent several days perusing the forums and found nothing out there that seemed to answer my question or quench my curiosity, so here we met.

Quote:

Yes the medals are screwed up, no question. That is an issue with the code of the game.

The thread you are posting in is about changes to the campaign structure as it relates to the merchant and naval traffic in the game. It has nothing to do with medals.
A reasonable and acceptable answer which was all I wanted but it took three separate threads before it caught your attention, so thank you.

Quote:
What I do know is that demanding things and showing a blatant sense of entitlement around here is probably going to have the reverse effect of what you had hoped for.
I always had impression that this forum was intended to be a friendly inclusive setting to freely exchange ideas (or air it out) and felt that if you asked an honest question or made a polite request, it merited (not entitled you to) a straight forward reply. And as far as a ‘reverse effect’, although summoning an admonishment, it seemed to work. I got exactly what I wanted, a reasonable and timely response.

What I would have really enjoyed most would have been reading Lurker’s views (if he’s still with us) on this matter since he seemed to be (along with the contribution of many others) the chief architect responsible for creating this super mod.

While it’s true there was no mention in RSRDC of whether the medals were amended which was precisely my point, I never assumed that there was a problem with the Medal award before I downloaded and played RSRDC. I realized it much later after several hours of ‘tearing it up’ on a career patrol. Since there were two Medal Mods already listed separately that were available for SH4 1.5 Stock and one for TMO, I figured that RSRDC was fine the way it was designed. Obviously, I was wrong.

As far as being ’a bit jaded’ regarding the medals, along with the crew’s ranks, I still feel that they do add immensely to the essence of the game. Why else would the developers have included them? And If I hadn’t purchased the download for SH4 1.5 (w/ U-Boat Add on) and had this issue been already resolved, I would have been content just running SH4 with the 1.4 patch and this discussion would have never occurred.

So pardon me again all for my passionate yet exuberant interest trying to make SH4 a complete game even if it was taken the wrong way. Perhaps my tone came across as a bit terse or even curt. But at least the ‘squeaky wheel’ got the grease and I still look forward to creating my own Medal Mod for RSRDC. I would welcome anyone’s assistance and suggestions too!

Thanks again Mates for sharing.
Navelintel
Old 08-30-10, 08:01 PM   #1899
Navelintel
Mate

RSRDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater View Post
Yep, you should feel lucky that lurker even bothered with a "stock" game solution.

If you don't like it, instead of whining about a CAMPAIGN MOD, fix it yourself.
Hey Tater,

For a Super Mod, I wouldn’t pretend to know where to begin. But I once made a mini Super Guns Mod for SH3 and if you are interested and ask me nicely, I might even share it with you.

Navelintel
Old 08-30-10, 10:01 PM   #1900
tater
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navelintel View Post
Hey Tater,

For a Super Mod, I wouldn’t pretend to know where to begin. But I once made a mini Super Guns Mod for SH3 and if you are interested and ask me nicely, I might even share it with you.

Navelintel
Not interested in "super guns." Not even a little.

I find it odd that you'd require someone asking nicely, when your attitude towards lurker was to pop into his thread and bitch like a spoiled child about something that the mod never claimed to even touch. The existence of RSRDC for STOCK is pretty nice of lurker, really, considering the stock game isn't worth playing.
Old 08-31-10, 12:05 AM   #1901
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Default lack of navalintel

[QUOTE=Navelintel;1481452]
Perhaps my tone came across as a bit terse or even curt. /QUOTE]

Lack of navalintel. Let's label your tone what it really is. Try arrogant, ignorant and insulting. Arrogant, because your motivation was to force lurk, lurk to respond to an irrelevant post. Ignorant, because you did not review the readme for the RSRDC mod before your criticized it. Insulting, suggesting overtly tater be polite when making a request of you, a request which you unsuccessfully solicited. Your excuses don't cut it.

Goddamn! The Barbarinna is getting her ass end shot up near Samar in the Battle of Lyete Gulf on October 25th, '41 by one of the RSRDC designed/engineered, historically accurate Jap TFs, using Captain's Channing magnificent state of the art tutorial on the 3D TDC, playing with map contacts disabled at 100 percent realism, while this person is whining over medals! Give him a medal for being a pain in the ass.

Last edited by I'm goin' down; 08-31-10 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Edited for decorum and to keep the temperature down
Old 08-31-10, 11:36 AM   #1902
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Give him a medal for being a pain in the ass.
Sorry, game code precludes giving medals for this or any other accomplishment made in the game. I thought we went over this already.

We can however award this medal in the non-coded portion of the game:

Job well done!
Old 08-31-10, 11:38 AM   #1903
tater
Navy Seal

^^^ wrong part of the horse on that medal, show the reverse
Old 08-31-10, 12:07 PM   #1904
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Yes sir! I left that to the imagination. I see you are very imaginative!
Old 09-02-10, 11:34 PM   #1905
Navelintel
Mate

Relax Mates

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater View Post
Not interested in "super guns." Not even a little.

I find it odd that you'd require someone asking nicely, when your attitude towards lurker was to pop into his thread and bitch like a spoiled child about something that the mod never claimed to even touch. The existence of RSRDC for STOCK is pretty nice of lurker, really, considering the stock game isn't worth playing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down View Post
Lack of navalintel. Let's label your tone what it really is. Try arrogant, ignorant and insulting. Arrogant, because your motivation was to force lurk, lurk to respond to an irrelevant post. Ignorant, because you did not review the readme for the RSRDC mod before your criticized it. Insulting, suggesting overtly tater be polite when making a request of you, a request which you unsuccessfully solicited. Your excuses don't cut it.

Goddamn! The Barbarinna is getting her ass end shot up near Samar in the Battle of Lyete Gulf on October 25th, '41 by one of the RSRDC designed/engineered, historically accurate Jap TFs, using Captain's Channing magnificent state of the art tutorial on the 3D TDC, playing with map contacts disabled at 100 percent realism, while this person is whining over medals! Give him a medal for being a pain in the ass.

Hey Mates,

Why so negative? Humor’s in need of repair here. They say the more you can laugh, the longer you seem to live but you both appear to be extremely stressed, uptight, and unhappy.

It's all good so you might want to chill before you both blow a hatch!

Peace out!