SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-08-12, 08:42 PM   #1876
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_2005 View Post
Are you serious? yeah i read it then took it but i never handed it to her how do i do that? Only way i can think of is when we trade i give the book to her? OMG man if you are correct im gonna come back here and give you a big manly hug! I tried for hours last night trying to figure out how to trigger her. Will load up Skyrim & do what you said once my son heads of to work cause hes using the gaming pc atm.

Okay, if you took it, then she should take if from you when you talk to her. If you cannot talk to her, you can use the console. Push the tilde key and enter the following:

setstage DLC1VQ04 50

This should get you past the journal problem.

Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-12, 08:52 PM   #1877
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
Okay, if you took it, then she should take if from you when you talk to her. If you cannot talk to her, you can use the console. Push the tilde key and enter the following:

setstage DLC1VQ04 50

This should get you past the journal problem.

Ah i see, okay thanks. I might actually be able to finish this DG after all.

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-12, 09:02 PM   #1878
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Let me know if it doesn't work.
Old 08-09-12, 01:37 AM   #1879
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
Let me know if it doesn't work.
It worked

well kind of, i got the quest Valerica's Journal to trigger with the code but Sarena keeps telling me look for her mothers journal & because i already had the journal, can't drop it and pick it up either cause its a quest item, it didn't trigger any new dialog. But at least i know what to do now, so i went back to an old save where i start at the sundial thingy, fight my way through to the portal part, then once in there i added that code so valericas journal quest triggers then i grabbed the book and quest completed, with new dialog from Sarena on finding the ingredients.

All good now

Old 08-09-12, 04:47 PM   #1880
Drewcifer
Commodore

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossMark View Post
So a quick question
Is Dawnguard worth £13 ? I have heard its as buggy as hell

Its pretty buggy... I mean... to the point of almost unplayable in some respects.

1. If you side with Dawn Guard vampires kill all your NPC shopkeepers and essentially leave you in a dead world.
2. The Vampire side quests are a mess... you are asked to turn somebody into a vampire, then return the quest and get the same quest but obviously you can't turn a vampire into a vampire since you just turned that person.
3. After clearing out the vampire main quest the side quests dead end at Vingalmao Everybody in the castle tells you to talk to him and when you get to him he has nothing to say.
4. Vampire Lord is buggy as can be, gets stuck often, or glitches out and teleports inside mountains or under rivers.. (he can't swim so your pretty much imprisoned under a barrier of water.)
5. Nearly all of the new armor is incomplete so while it looks COOL, they are all missing helmets. So you can't get the complete set bonus and its basically inferior to anything else from the main game.
6. It needs ALOT of work all around... I love Skyrim, I Love Dawnguard.. teh new 'extra dark caves' are my favorite feature. Do you need it right now? Probably not... it needs patching. Is it worth having? Yes of course. Every DLC that is realeased for this game is going to be worth having... if you liked Skyrim duh.. you're going to love everything that adds onto it.
Drewcifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-12, 01:12 AM   #1881
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

I'm strolling through Castle Volkihar with my dead thrall in tow when Vingalmo pipes up to the effect of:

Practices like that are what give magic a bad name. Shame on you.

So a vampire bent on world domination that spends all day every day gorging himself on the blood of the human cattle that fill the basement of the castle he calls home does not approve of my necromancy.
Old 08-10-12, 01:20 AM   #1882
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

He wouldn't happen to be Dunmer would he?

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-12, 08:29 AM   #1883
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Vingalmo is an Altmer. The one Dunmer doesn't mind and neither does one of the Nords, but they are voiced differently. The others use the standard base game set, so they react when you have a thrall. It's just kind of funny to see that once you get 100 in Conjuration, this evil den of vampires suddenly gets all self righteous.
Old 08-10-12, 09:03 AM   #1884
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

Aye, just figured if he was Dunmer it would kinda make sense, with Morrowind culture so disaproving of necromancy. Gotta love the TES quirks.

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-12, 03:12 PM   #1885
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

If your finding DG buggy like i have I gave up after the Moth collection quest, the quest wouldn't trigger blah blah, this was my main character lvl 48 that most likely had currupt saves somewhere along the way from previous mods etc. So i deleted him. Being pissed off didn't help but hes gone saves and all.

Load up new character only lvl 15, start DG and finished it last night, did not come across one bug. Everything worked smooth running right through, played the DG side. So what was buggy? Clearly wasn't DG like i had thought.

Buggy game? Start from a fresh character.

edit
Oh and after all that, Dawngaurd wasn't all that great yes even wasted my time doing silly side quests. Ive had more fun playing modders single player quests try the Grytewake legend (abit on the short side) and Moonpath to Elsweyr both worth playing through, MPTE is better than Dawnguard and doesn't cost a cent.

DG wait for price to drop to $1:99

Last edited by kiwi_2005; 08-11-12 at 03:35 PM.
Old 08-12-12, 12:07 AM   #1886
Drewcifer
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_2005 View Post
If your finding DG buggy like i have I gave up after the Moth collection quest, the quest wouldn't trigger blah blah, this was my main character lvl 48 that most likely had currupt saves somewhere along the way from previous mods etc. So i deleted him. Being pissed off didn't help but hes gone saves and all.

Load up new character only lvl 15, start DG and finished it last night, did not come across one bug. Everything worked smooth running right through, played the DG side. So what was buggy? Clearly wasn't DG like i had thought.

Buggy game? Start from a fresh character.

edit
Oh and after all that, Dawngaurd wasn't all that great yes even wasted my time doing silly side quests. Ive had more fun playing modders single player quests try the Grytewake legend (abit on the short side) and Moonpath to Elsweyr both worth playing through, MPTE is better than Dawnguard and doesn't cost a cent.

DG wait for price to drop to $1:99
Nonfactor for me, I made a new character just for Dawnguard and all of the bugs I mentioned stand.
Old 08-12-12, 06:09 PM   #1887
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

^ All mods uninstalled? Or better Skyrim mod free install.

Maybe i got lucky, son was playing DG with new character none of the bugs I got early in the game triggered but he came across one which i never got while playing the main. You meet Sarena mother & during the dialog where mother and daughter are talking, Sarena all a suddens disappears, just gone! Poof no where to be seen. Reload save, same thing. Stuck can't continue of to hunt down a setstage code! Where the hell she go too DG is a bit of a mess right now.

Old 08-12-12, 07:54 PM   #1888
Drewcifer
Commodore

No Mods. Played through with two new characters, both sides. Its a buggy mess.

When I summoned Durivener.. well whatever the new dragons name is... I had the quest where you have to summon him three times to learn his word. Well he never went away after I summoned him the first time. He would vanish if I entered a town or cave or anything but anytime I was outside he would just appear flying about and killing every thing red on my compass before I could even react.
Old 08-22-12, 11:28 AM   #1889
BossMark
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 278

Started a new character with Dawnguard installed I just hope it runs OK with very few bugs.
Old 08-22-12, 01:22 PM   #1890
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

I've enjoyed Dawnguard. Haven't had any major bugs. Keep in mind that there are some consequences to actions. If you blot out the sun, vampires will attack towns. People will die. Some of them may even be shopkeepers. People wanted a more dynamic world where the influence of your action can be felt. Well, we got it. 100% completionists may not think to highly of it, but I like it a lot.

If anything, I would like to see more of that, like in New Vegas. If I join the Thieves Guild, the Companions shouldn't want anything to do with me. That quest line should be closed. If I am too virtuous, the darker elements within Skyrim should not want to work with me. And if I side with the Volkihar vampires, no one should want to be around me. Moreover, if I am a shady figure, certain elements in the main questline should be more difficult for me. For example, Jarl Balgruuf should require convincing before even hearing out my dragon catching idea. As it stands now, I can just ride up to Whiterun on my demon horse and walk up to him, clad in Dark Brotherhood armor with my glowing orange eyes and dead thrall in tow and have a pleasant conversation.