SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-30-13, 05:24 AM   #1711
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Depending what you call rough sea...
It happens in all kind of sea here, even calm
OK, then another argument.. in the early WWII magnetic detonators practically/almost didn't work.. this issue was fixed later.. I don't remember the exact dates..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-13, 06:02 AM   #1712
Macardigan
Engineer

Downloads: 198

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterius View Post
Thank you Volodya, I found the problem .
I activated by accident the fix that removes certain items from the game (don't remember the actual name).

Without it, it works !

Render Patches: Remove certain items from ever being rendered in the game.

I have activated only "change 1, change 2 and change 3" (inside render patches)

* If active any more then I have CTD when I enter the NAVMAP. (map).

I use real_navigation.
my mod:
RPM Hydrophone 2.2 (updated July/06/2013)
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=205625
Macardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-13, 07:19 AM   #1713
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post

Patch Fix circle runner chance still giving me many circling torpedos...
Fired 4, 2 were circling!

About destroyed ships falling through the sea floor and disappearing, my last one disappeared before reaching ground. Maybe because it was too deep?
2 were circling out of 4 is perfect If you look at the torpedoes .sim file the circle runner chance is set to 50% for the early years

If it disappeared before reaching ground that means it was >= 500m in depth. I left that part of the code alone since you can't take your sub that deep.

I'll take a look at the code for magnetic detonators again. It's possible I made the same assumption about MSVCR90.rand returning a 32bit number when it actually returns a 16bit number.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-13, 08:07 AM   #1714
Tonci87
Captain

Downloads: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
2 were circling out of 4 is perfect If you look at the torpedoes .sim file the circle runner chance is set to 50% for the early years

If it disappeared before reaching ground that means it was >= 500m in depth. I left that part of the code alone since you can't take your sub that deep.

I'll take a look at the code for magnetic detonators again. It's possible I made the same assumption about MSVCR90.rand returning a 32bit number when it actually returns a 16bit number.

Oh so you get more reliable torps as the war advances? That is cool.
Tonci87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-13, 09:07 AM   #1715
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Looking over the magnetic detonators again. I did make the same assumption about MSVCR90.rand returning 32bit number instead of 16bit number. I'm revising the code.

Another interesting thing has shown itself while looking over the code for magnetic detonators. Did you know that the torpedo could detonate upon firing if the magnetic detonator is active and the wave height is within the parameters of the premature chances defined in the torpedoes .sim file? I see the code for it but the devs 'dumbed it down' so it RARELY ever happens. Time to fix this This will make you think twice about switching to magnetic detonators with large wave heights
Old 04-30-13, 09:23 AM   #1716
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Another interesting thing has shown itself while looking over the code for magnetic detonators. Did you know that the torpedo could detonate upon firing if the magnetic detonator is active and the wave height is within the parameters of the premature chances defined in the torpedoes .sim file? I see the code for it but the devs 'dumbed it down' so it RARELY ever happens. Time to fix this This will make you think twice about switching to magnetic detonators with large wave heights

maybe give it an higher chance... but not 100%

P.S: any news on the RPM/boat's speed curve, and about separate speed ratios for diesel/electric propulsions?

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=1683

Last edited by gap; 04-30-13 at 09:34 AM.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-13, 09:37 AM   #1717
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macardigan View Post
I have activated only "change 1, change 2 and change 3" (inside render patches)
* If active any more then I have CTD when I enter the NAVMAP. (map).
I use real_navigation.
In my experience - render patches: 1, 2, 3, 8, 9 are always enabled.. never had CTD's when testing other Сhanges in campaign mode..
Perhaps you should start a new campaign after enabling other changes..
Perhaps you can't using other Changes enabled and Real Navigation together..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
Old 04-30-13, 09:39 AM   #1718
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Patch AI units falling through seafloor test report

1. Scapa Raid

Two hours after sank -

. . .

. . .

. . .

Last screen shows the severed stern of the ship that sank three kilometers from here..

To be continued

Old 04-30-13, 09:40 AM   #1719
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Ten hours after sank -

. . .

After ten hours some ships have disappeared.. some migrated.. some I wasn't able to find the post-migration..

2. The patch also has a negative effect on the subnets -

the patch is enabled

the patch is disabled

At the moment I don't see sense to enable the patch because some ships in ten hours migrated from a place of sinking farther than 5-6 km.. how far are they able to migrate in a week?

Requires further improvements

PS: revised circle runner patch will be tested later

Old 04-30-13, 09:47 AM   #1720
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post

maybe give it an higher chance... but not 100%
Actually I'm trying to fix a problem that doesn't really exist. The problem is the data entered in the torpedoe's .sim file If you look at the notes at the bottom for each entry some will say percentage but the value for it is a whole number Whoever made the .sim file for the torpedoes didn't know what they were doing A percentage is a value from 0.0 to 1.0. Some of the failure 'percentages' are 50 for example when they should be 0.5 What a freakin mess
Old 04-30-13, 09:51 AM   #1721
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
At the moment I don't see sense to enable the patch because some ships in ten hours migrated from a place of sinking farther than 5-6 km.. how far are they able to migrate in a week?

Requires further improvements
I said it wasn't perfect yet. If the sea floor is not level when the unit contacts it then the unit will 'walk' on the sea floor until it enters into a valley or ends up on level ground.

I can fix the problem with the subnets and the patch. I just have to check the unit's type first to see if the patch applies to it or not
Old 04-30-13, 09:53 AM   #1722
gap
Navy Seal

@ Volodya

Man, I will sponsor you for the "Beta Tester of the Century" Subsim Award, if ever they will introduce such a contest
Old 04-30-13, 09:57 AM   #1723
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Actually I'm trying to fix a problem that doesn't really exist. The problem is the data entered in the torpedoe's .sim file If you look at the notes at the bottom for each entry some will say percentage but the value for it is a whole number Whoever made the .sim file for the torpedoes didn't know what they were doing A percentage is a value from 0.0 to 1.0. Some of the failure 'percentages' are 50 for example when they should be 0.5 What a freakin mess
Yes, Rongel had told me something about those discrepancies, when he worked on his Torpedo Failures Patch.

Quote:
I said it wasn't perfect yet. If the sea floor is not level when the unit contacts it then the unit will 'walk' on the sea floor until it enters into a valley or ends up on level ground.
Apparently friction is not simulated in game

Quote:
I can fix the problem with the subnets and the patch. I just have to check the unit's type first to see if the patch applies to it or not
Brilliant
Old 04-30-13, 09:59 AM   #1724
Tonci87
Captain

Downloads: 116

Quote:
Looking over the magnetic detonators again. I did make the same assumption about MSVCR90.rand returning 32bit number instead of 16bit number. I'm revising the code.

Oh ****....

Just out of interest, how deep should the torp run to prevent beeing triggered by the waves?
Tonci87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-13, 10:01 AM   #1725
Scümbagfuhrer
Watch

Downloads: 42

Hello, since my steam version of the game doesn't accept this patcher, what if I used the downloaded uplay version of this game, is it same with the retail version? so this patcher will work correctly?
Scümbagfuhrer is offline   Reply With Quote