SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-11-23, 06:55 PM   #1681
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

^ I know you have and I have to admit I don't like what I read-I wanna Ukraine to win this war.

About supplies-You wrote
"they want to maximise damage to Russia (="boiling the frog"), at the cost of Ukraine, so that when they turn to the Pacific, Russia is too weak to start something big in America's European rear area"

I find this interesting-Are the material we send each week not enough or is it more the Russians who is putting up a good defence ?

Secondly-If this thing hit the fan in Middle east US and Nato will get involved

When this happens I wonder if US and Nato is still eager to help Ukraine-if their hands is tied in the Middle east.

As you have said many times our factories are not in weapon production mode. Not enough weapon is being produced to both our own defence and sending it to Ukraine.

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-23, 07:40 PM   #1682
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
^ I know you have and I have to admit I don't like what I read-I wanna Ukraine to win this war.

About supplies-You wrote
"they want to maximise damage to Russia (="boiling the frog"), at the cost of Ukraine, so that when they turn to the Pacific, Russia is too weak to start something big in America's European rear area"

I find this interesting-Are the material we send each week not enough or is it more the Russians who is putting up a good defence ?

When this happens I wonder if US and Nato is still eager to help Ukraine-if their hands is tied in the Middle east.

As you have said many times our factories are not in weapon production mode. Not enough weapon is being produced to both our own defence and sending it to Ukraine.
Do not see Nato will get involved in the Middle East, certainly not with Trump in mind also do not think Biden wants to send troops in this conflict. For the pacific, this is not a big problem with China in economic problems and these are big on the moment it will not be a threat the US wants us to believe we both need each other (economical) no war will solve anything for either sides. The Ukraine, Russia war is coming to a stalemate does not mean there will be no fighting this is going on daily on the moment both sides can not win Russia can not get its economic in order (will not happen in the future either) to win this Ukraine does not get the tools to push back Russia this crisis will go on years maybe decades looks like more and more like the end of the Korea war. An isolated Russia (no sound western investment the west saved/made Russia after 1992 do not see anyone will invest in Russia ever what they lost in the last years) an Ukraine with western investments, military guaranties and a EU membership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Dargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-23, 04:33 AM   #1683
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-23, 05:10 AM   #1684
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-23, 02:46 PM   #1685
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:

About supplies-You wrote

Both.

Quote:

Thats why Russia supports the trouble in the ME. Distraction.
Quote:
Germany just annoucnes it wants to double military aid to Ukraine next year. But there is still no fundamental change in war goods production policy. Already incraisng artillery shell production is almost beyond what Germany and Europe could acchieve. What has been primsie din shells until the end of this year for Ukraine, is obsolete by now, by numbers the West lags behind.

---------------------

As you already mentioned, Markus:

[FAZ] An officer of the Ukrainian special forces is alleged to have played a leading role in the explosives attacks on the German-Russian Nord Stream pipelines in September 2022.

Colonel Roman Chervinskyi is regarded in security circles in Germany and other countries as the suspected "coordinator" of the attacks. This was reported by "Spiegel" and "Washington Post" at the weekend.

The former intelligence officer is said to have served in a volunteer unit of Ukraine's special forces in 2022. German security circles are almost certain that at least the Ukrainian General Staff was informed about the operation.

The colonel is currently in custody in Ukraine for "exceeding his authority" in another case. He was apparently involved in the failed attempt to persuade a Russian fighter pilot to switch sides in 2022 and is said to have sent him the coordinates of an airfield in Ukraine.

Chervinsky denied involvement in the attack on Nord Stream. This version is "Russian propaganda", he said through his lawyer. President Volodymyr Zelenskyi has so far denied Ukrainian involvement.

------------------------

^ The case solidifies. The president may not have known, but the military leadership did, which shows that Zelensky is not in full control of his team and house.
Old 11-12-23, 03:01 PM   #1686
Skybird
Soaring

Interview with the CEO of KNDS ( a consortium of French and German tank producers). In this role he does not want to be too critical of politics, of course.

https://www-focus-de.translate.goog/..._x_tr_pto=wapp

Very relevant: what if Trump is allowed to candidate? I take it almost as granted that he woudl mob the floor with Biden. For Europe, and for the Ukraine, maybe also Israel, and the American ME strategy (if there ever was something worth to be called that...), Trump's win would be most likely desastrous news. Eurpoe in no way is materially able to compensate for the the American weapons packages if these do not get delivered anymore. Means: if Trump wins, it likely means defeat for Ukraine.
Old 11-12-23, 05:30 PM   #1687
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
As you already mentioned, Markus:

[FAZ] An officer of the Ukrainian special forces is alleged to have played a leading role in the explosives attacks on the German-Russian Nord Stream pipelines in September 2022.

Colonel Roman Chervinskyi is regarded in security circles in Germany and other countries as the suspected "coordinator" of the attacks. This was reported by "Spiegel" and "Washington Post" at the weekend.

The former intelligence officer is said to have served in a volunteer unit of Ukraine's special forces in 2022. German security circles are almost certain that at least the Ukrainian General Staff was informed about the operation.

The colonel is currently in custody in Ukraine for "exceeding his authority" in another case. He was apparently involved in the failed attempt to persuade a Russian fighter pilot to switch sides in 2022 and is said to have sent him the coordinates of an airfield in Ukraine.

Chervinsky denied involvement in the attack on Nord Stream. This version is "Russian propaganda", he said through his lawyer. President Volodymyr Zelenskyi has so far denied Ukrainian involvement.

------------------------

^ The case solidifies. The president may not have known, but the military leadership did, which shows that Zelensky is not in full control of his team and house.
I have hope the evidence is so well made that the arrow start to point towards Russia.

However the Motive I found is sadly pointing towards Ukraine.

There's a gas and oil line going through Ukraine and with Nord Stream 1 and 2 gone Russia can, from what I know, send gas and oil to Europe through Ukraine. Thereby Ukraine can blackmail Russia.
Not saying it is so-Just a thought

Markus

Old 11-12-23, 05:34 PM   #1688
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Interview with the CEO of KNDS ( a consortium of French and German tank producers). In this role he does not want to be too critical of politics, of course.

https://www-focus-de.translate.goog/..._x_tr_pto=wapp

Very relevant: what if Trump is allowed to candidate? I take it almost as granted that he woudl mob the floor with Biden. For Europe, and for the Ukraine, maybe also Israel, and the American ME strategy (if there ever was something worth to be called that...), Trump's win would be most likely desastrous news. Eurpoe in no way is materially able to compensate for the the American weapons packages if these do not get delivered anymore. Means: if Trump wins, it likely means defeat for Ukraine.
Trump will be the Rep Candidate-He may get a sentence for some years, but he can run from prison.
Amendment 14 point 3-Is which many is people is talking about, but to do so, they need 2/3 of the voters to remove Trumps political furture.

Markus

Old 11-12-23, 05:43 PM   #1689
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 131

Like anyone should cry about Germany not getting Russian gas.
Not like Germany is any kind of helpful to Ukraine. I'd say more like a friend to Russia.

It's War so suck it up ButterCup! Pull up the Big Boy pants, put the Big Boy Boots on, and deal with it!
Jeff-Groves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-23, 05:44 PM   #1690
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
I have hope the evidence is so well made that the arrow start to point towards Russia.

However the Motive I found is sadly pointing towards Ukraine.

There's a gas and oil line going through Ukraine and with Nord Stream 1 and 2 gone Russia can, from what I know, send gas and oil to Europe through Ukraine. Thereby Ukraine can blackmail Russia.
Not saying it is so-Just a thought

Markus

Nord Stream 2 is not gone Markus. One of it's two pipes still remains undamaged. The Russians can turn the gas back on at any time.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-23, 06:26 PM   #1691
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Nord Stream 2 is not gone Markus. One of it's two pipes still remains undamaged. The Russians can turn the gas back on at any time.
Well then my motives goes down the drain so to say.

I thought both was blown-up

Markus

Old 11-12-23, 06:27 PM   #1692
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
Trump will be the Rep Candidate-He may get a sentence for some years, but he can run from prison.
Amendment 14 point 3-Is which many is people is talking about, but to do so, they need 2/3 of the voters to remove Trumps political furture.

Markus
14-3 cant even be use 14th Amendment was ratified in 1868 after the end of the Civil War. It was aimed at the former members of the Confederate government and military who had previously been in Congress or held executive posts.All of the challengers filing lawsuits to try to remove Trump from their state ballots are ignoring the final sentence in Section 3, which is a unique provision found in no other amendment to the Constitution. It allows Congress to remove the disqualification clause “by a vote of two-thirds of each House.”Congress voted to remove the disqualification twice. The Amnesty Act of 1872 stated that the “political disabilities” imposed by Section 3 “are hereby removed from all persons whomsoever” except for members of the 36th and 37th Congresses and certain other military and foreign officials.Note that there is no time limit in this language.Congress even got rid of these remaining exceptions in the Amnesty Act of 1898, which stated that “the disability imposed by section 3 of the Fourteenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States heretofore incurred is hereby removed.so Ukraine blank check could come up dry and europe has only their selves to blame europe is like a 10 year old child dragging on mom tit
Old 11-12-23, 06:33 PM   #1693
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

^ Thank you for enlighten me.
Sadly you're right about Europe-It's like we are not interested in growing up, we are hiding behind US back.

Markus

Old 11-12-23, 06:53 PM   #1694
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Well then my motives goes down the drain so to say.

I thought both was blown-up

Markus
Actually, it are 4 pipelines, 2x Nord Stream 1 (both blown up per one explosion each), and 2x Nordstream 2 (one blown up by two explosions).

The German government however assumes that the shockwave from the attacks on the one pipe of NS2 has also damaged the opther pipeline of NS2 that was not directly attacked, it was reported in autumn last year. The Russians wanted to send a ship to investigate the foirtzh pipeline. Germany however bases on that all four pipelines are completely dysfunctional.

I think that the divers mistook the two pipelines of NS2 and placed two devices on one and the same pipeline where the plan probably was to have one on every pipeline. Muddy water, darkness, limited visibility, technical problems with navigation, any or all of all that...
Old 11-12-23, 07:04 PM   #1695
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Like anyone should cry about Germany not getting Russian gas.
Not like Germany is any kind of helpful to Ukraine. I'd say more like a friend to Russia.
While I do not at all agree with all decisions the Germans make on Ukraine, fact is that by numbers, both military stuff and simple money, they are the biggest donator nation now after the US. I posted a graph short time ago.

What we now could give, must be produced first. Our magazines are empty. We have enough ammo left for 1-2 days of war at an intensity we see in Ukraine. Means: Germany now is completely helpless. You cannot donate clothes if you are almost naked yourself. The Bundeswehr is a joke.

European military in general has not much reserves left to spend. The US has much more in this regard, but does not give Ukraine what it would need in numbers and quality, to not anger the Russians too much. Too little to win, to much to die - just enough to extend the war endlessly, driving not only Russian but also Ukrainian costs up. How nice is that, eh?

We all sit in a glasshouse, when it comes to this war. We all fail to do what really is needed in support. Politics knows no morales. It should, but it does not. And where it is tried, you get an Annalena Baerbock. Think that is better? She certainly kills my nerves.