SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-24-16, 09:53 PM   #1636
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

^ARMIBBY's's been nippin' his own moonshine again!Guys who drink stuff from canning jars are always suspect!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 08-24-16 at 10:10 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-16, 10:23 PM   #1637
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Men, Aktung....The light bulb just wenter off agin! When I was a kid they had these balsa wood aeroplanes... you put a few pieces together, a prop and a rubber band stretched out attacked to the rear, spinned it around 100 times and let her rip....We can attach some...wood frame to Aktungs back, some cloth wings, tie a prop to his head and some tire inner tube for a rubber band...we will hold the prop while Akcy boy spins in circles...then he can bend over holding the prop....Since we've pointed aft, Aktung, on my call, with proper timing of a coming ship I will say GO, in which Aktung will run down the deck, letting go of the prop at the proper moment and take off and hopefully make it there flying quickly with the anchor chain tied to his foot...

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-16, 10:41 PM   #1638
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Quote:
Men, Aktung....The light bulb just wenter off agin!
A helping of Tango's undercooked bilge baked beans with hominy grits and bacon fat gravy might facilitate this process considerably , fueling me to better thrust/inertia propulsion!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 08-24-16 at 10:51 PM.
Old 08-25-16, 03:02 AM   #1639
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
tie a prop to his head and some tire inner tube for a rubber band...
Tie one to each corner and he'd be a drone

However, 1 rusty bike = just 2 inner tubes
Old 08-25-16, 11:28 AM   #1640
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default I said beans! not 'beanies' the prop-job's still in planning

Quote:
tie a prop to his head and some tire inner tube for a rubber band...we will hold the prop while Akcy boy spins in circles...then he can bend over holding the prop....

Methinks at 240 lbs (inertia) we'll need a bigger prop:
I'll 'noodle the problem more whilst wearing my 'skullcap'
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmiBBY
Hard being the only genius amongst ..amongst, is that a word...among, amongst...amongstsis.. a bunch of idiots! Ready yourself Aktung....
Well....since U insist :

Old 08-25-16, 02:49 PM   #1641
Armistead
Rear Admiral

The added bilge stew for a lil extra thrust at take off is a great idea.....good thinking men....that anchor chain is heavy as is...... 3 extra servings for Aktung for supper.....and i think some ritual in case this turns out to be a kamikaze mission...and once last visit aft is in order as well...

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Last edited by Armistead; 08-25-16 at 03:25 PM.
Old 08-25-16, 04:01 PM   #1642
Wolferz
Navy Seal

Downloads: 52
wolf_howl15 :new:

Tango,
Are you up to blessing this experiment?

I Think Aktung would be more accommodating if you shoved a rudder where the sun don't shine and you rig him with sails.

Tomorrow never comes
Wolferz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-16, 04:54 PM   #1643
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Quote:
3 extra servings for Aktung for supper....and once last visit aft is in order as well.
OH good extra servings: enough left over for the return trip!
But lets leave my delicate afterburner out of it I'll need that for the return trip!

Old 08-25-16, 06:08 PM   #1644
Armistead
Rear Admiral

[QUOTE=Wolferz;2429492]Tango,
Are you up to blessing this experiment?

I Think Aktung would be more accommodating if you shoved a rudder where the sun don't shine and you rig him with sails. [/QUOTE

You are a genius! I get it, cover all our bases, if he can't fly all the way, he can sail and stir with just a butt wiggle........oh, which way does the old Miss flow...see we're pointed west, our aft is sort of east....and we're in a river bend here, confusing things...but it river flows north, can he sail against the flow......I think we need to use the TDC on this one and time when to shoot him......not sure we can determine his speed tho, not knowing if he's flying or sailing.

Someone get the camera ready too!

Old 08-26-16, 12:16 AM   #1645
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Hey wait a sec! don't we have a fire extinguisher? It would save tango time in the kitchen!

Old 08-26-16, 05:48 AM   #1646
Tango589
Still crazy as ever!

Downloads: 180
Uploads: 1

Another thought, why don't we carry out a shore raid, grab ourselves some old inner tubes, powerful length of knicker elastic, old rubber bands and anything else stretchy. Then we rig up a catapult and ping Aktung straight at the nearest passing ship with a suitable length of anchor chain and he can hook us up that way.

Blessings be upon you my son.

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...
Tango589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-16, 08:02 AM   #1647
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

I prefer a trebuchet Just make sure U've done yer homework! An old Mongol TricK-biological warfare 101:
Quote:
In 1345-6, while laying siege to the city of Kaffa, the Mongol army became infected with the Black Death. Gabriele de’ Mussi tells us what happened next:
“Whereupon the Tartars (Mongols), worn out by this pestilential disease, and falling on all sides as if thunderstruck, and seeing that they were perishing hopelessly, ordered the corpses to be placed upon their engines and thrown into the city of Kaffa. Accordingly were the bodies of the dead hurled over the walls, so that the Christians were not able to hide or protect themselves from this danger, although they carried away as many as possible and threw them into the sea.”
http://virtualtrebuchet.com/#documentation_ExplanationOfSimulation

Old 08-26-16, 06:16 PM   #1648
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Hey wait a sec! don't we have a fire extinguisher? It would save tango time in the kitchen!
That fire extinguisher isn't gonna do what the bilge stew will do....

Old 08-26-16, 06:21 PM   #1649
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango589 View Post
Another thought, why don't we carry out a shore raid, grab ourselves some old inner tubes, powerful length of knicker elastic, old rubber bands and anything else stretchy. Then we rig up a catapult and ping Aktung straight at the nearest passing ship with a suitable length of anchor chain and he can hook us up that way.

Blessings be upon you my son.
Because we are men and sailors in the navy and that would be illegal to raid our own nation....and boy, do you know what these country river people in Mississippi do to people that even walk on their property uninvited, much less steal from them...Now, I have no problem at all adding a catapult to the mix, just another thing to assure he makes it...but why not some of the bilge's spaghetti noodles.....same thing.. Still thinking somehow we can get the deck gun involved.

Old 08-27-16, 12:31 PM   #1650
Wolferz
Navy Seal

Downloads: 52
wolf_howl15

Get down to the machine shop to fashion a harpoon for the deck gun and a good length of rope lashed upon it should be sufficient for achieving the velocity needed for flight....

He did well until gravity and inertia forced him into that sandbar

Captain Hindsight was looking at the butt of the problem and suggested one of Eich's monkies should have been used for the first test.

Tomorrow never comes
Wolferz is offline   Reply With Quote