SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-08-13, 02:34 AM   #1636
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Thanks TDW and I like your new avatar although I think of you more like this

Old 04-09-13, 12:57 PM   #1637
Captain73
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Don't know what to tell you. I have all my patches enabled and have absolutely no problems at all. I would try re-enabling all patches with stock files and see what happens.
Set v1.0.74.0, everything works fine!
Old 04-13-13, 10:33 AM   #1638
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Are there any other stock bugs left to fix Besides the AI one where sometimes a unit gets stuck to you what's left to fix? I think I've pretty much patched out all the stock bugs.

What about enhancements? Any ideas on enhancing any of the stock features/commands?

Work still continues on the carriers launching airplanes. Right now I'm trying to create my own controller for the game that will handle the carriers and airplane launching/patrolling.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-13, 11:17 AM   #1639
Swat
中国水兵

Downloads: 224
Uploads: 0

Wow... I'd remember this day. In OHII thread Trevally just said he 'ran out of steam' (suggesting OHII is perfect more or less - AND INDEED IT IS!) and you are asking now if there's anything else to be fixed by you and your skills. After how long guys? Four years of your PHENOMENAL and FANTASTIC work, is that right? These two posts came on the same day and I'd say thanks to your skills, enthusiasm and patience you've brought SH5 VERY CLOSE TO PERFECTION ! And I thank you for that very much, what you and other modders have achieved after such a long period of time, when you brought this game from unplayable into the best subsim ever made.

T.H.A.N.K. Y.O.U. ! ! !

PS. yes, AI would still need some tweaks, wishing you best of luck TDW.
Edit: you've patched more than stock bugs, you've patched people's lives. Everyone was so looking forward to the new SH and what a disappointment it was. You've brought it to the state where it was supposed to be some four years ago...

First Patrol Of U-21 Part 1:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqBqInzBaGc
First Patrol Of U-21 Part 2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWqyTaomDjM
Swat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-13, 11:37 AM   #1640
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Thanks TDW and I like your new avatar although I think of you more like this

Gandalf? Hmmm....nah, he's way older than I. I can walk without a staff Great movies though! Books were even better

How's the revised AI crew damage control working out? I'm still looking for a few controller's 'signatures' so that I can 'turn them off' and thus stop their effects when the AI crew has repaired damage.

@Swat - it may seem strange to you but I find great enjoyment in picking something apart, finding it's flaws, and putting it back together with my changes. I guess it's the personal satisfaction part that I find the great enjoyment in. All I know it's a total blast to me to take someone else's work and improve it 10 or 100 fold

SH5 has so much potential that we've only begun to scratch the surface of what one can do with it.
Old 04-13-13, 11:49 AM   #1641
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225

Quote:
Gandalf? Hmmm....nah, he's way older than I. I can walk without a staff Great movies though! Books were even better

How's the revised AI crew damage control working out? I'm still looking for a few controller's 'signatures' so that I can 'turn them off' and thus stop their effects when the AI crew has repaired damage.

@Swat - it may seem strange to you but I find great enjoyment in picking something apart, finding it's flaws, and putting it back together with my changes. I guess it's the personal satisfaction part that I find the great enjoyment in. All I know it's a total blast to me to take someone else's work and improve it 10 or 100 fold

SH5 has so much potential that we've only begun to scratch the surface of what one can do with it.
Awesome to hear on the improvements!

Have you checked the reported problems with Orbit Launcher and campaign not working properly?
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-13, 11:57 AM   #1642
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targor Avelany View Post
Have you checked the reported problems with Orbit Launcher and campaign not working properly?
I'm looking into it. Problem is I've so heavily modified my sh5.exe that things like that that are supposed to work on you all's computer's without problems is not working. So I have to look over all the changes I made to mine to see how it/they could be causing the problem(s) you all are having.
Old 04-13-13, 12:00 PM   #1643
Tonci87
Captain

Downloads: 116

How about improving IRAI?
Tonci87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-13, 12:03 PM   #1644
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonci87 View Post
How about improving IRAI?
Funny you should bring that up. I've been 'watching' the AI routines to see how the code controls the AI. I'm looking for things like how do the commands in the .aix files get 'called' in the exe and act files. I design test missions that force the AI to take a specific action so that I can see the 'code trace' and what's going on. Once I understand how all these aix files, commands, and code together then I should be able to take the AI to the next level.
Old 04-13-13, 12:05 PM   #1645
Tonci87
Captain

Quote:
Funny you should bring that up. I've been 'watching' the AI routines to see how the code controls the AI. I'm looking for things like how do the commands in the .aix files get 'called' in the exe and act files. Once I understand how all these aix files, commands, and code together then I should be able to take the AI to the next level.
Now you got me exited. A good AI is the foundation for a good game.
Old 04-13-13, 02:05 PM   #1646
Sartoris
Captain

Downloads: 106

Quote:
Funny you should bring that up. I've been 'watching' the AI routines to see how the code controls the AI. I'm looking for things like how do the commands in the .aix files get 'called' in the exe and act files. I design test missions that force the AI to take a specific action so that I can see the 'code trace' and what's going on. Once I understand how all these aix files, commands, and code together then I should be able to take the AI to the next level.
Great to hear that!
Sartoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-13, 03:43 PM   #1647
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456

Quote:
SH5 AI isn't working like in SH4?
Not the same codes and/or routines?
Ducimus made a great job with AIs in SH4 (TMO), probably the best ever in an SH, and would be awesome to get same result in SH5 imo.
Japanese aren't smarter than British after all!
On side note, you made already a fine job with IRAI
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-13, 01:04 PM   #1648
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
What about enhancements? Any ideas on enhancing any of the stock features/commands?
Here are a couple of ideas:

- decoding/debugging weather generation routines;
- making U-boat equipments subject to failure, randomly or on the base of improper usage.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-13, 01:09 PM   #1649
Tonci87
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Here are a couple of ideas:

- decoding/debugging weather generation routines;
- making U-boat equipments subject to failure, randomly or on the base of improper usage.

Oh no not randomly.....
On the base of improper usage?
Old 04-15-13, 01:20 PM   #1650
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
maybe time in patrol/in the sea?

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote